54 people are viewing this hotel
Expedia
FindHotel
ZenHotels.com
10,327 results
All reviews club tower el mercado candy shop zen spa dolphin pool trade winds french restaurant swim up room tequila bar rooftop pool butler service tacos all inclusive resort beautiful resort private beach kids club steak
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Everything was perfect! I was worried about the service due to Covid but all of the restaurants were open and the staff was incredibly friendly and helpful! I had my 13 year old with me and she had a blast! The evening shows were great and the activities during the day were just enough for us. I highly recommend Hyatt Ziva!

Date of stay: April 2021
2  Thank micaeladeye
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We stayed in the Turquoise Tower which is a must! Butler service was incredible. We always needed ice and the Butler would bring to the room before we got back to the room. We had the swim out room which costs more but OMG it’s amazing and the VIEWS! This place had 2 beaches. One on the calm water and then the wavy side which was nice. HZ is all about service! Service was 110%! Best place to relax and enjoy the views! If you are a wine drinker, be ready to spend a lot of money. The California wines have a high price tag! What we get in US for $15-20 a bottle will be over $100 at HZ! Bring your own!

3  Thank amytrec2u
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I have stayed at 5 different resorts in Cancun, and the Ziva clearly ranks as #1. The layout of the resort is stunning, and it boasts two beaches. Lively by day, quiet at night. Hyatt kept this resort <60% booked during spring break, when I'm sure they could have sold it out, but they didn't. We felt we had plenty of space, were never crowded, and received prompt service every time (dining, bars, check-out, etc.). Our room was impeccable, and had a great view. I was almost hoping my corona virus test would come back false positive, so I would have to stay another 10 days. Ziva has a very generous insurance to give you a room if your test (that they provide at no additional cost) comes back positive. Our meals were never bland--far from it. Lunches and dinners at Habanero's on the beach proved highly memorable.

2  Thank alpineneuro
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This is a fantastic resort for families looking for a lively all-inclusive vacation. Every single staff person was friendly and helpful. The smaller beach was gorgeous with clear calm water and amazing sand. The pools were nice and warm and we never had trouble finding a chair near the family pool although we headed there very early and stayed all day. The resort is large but the layout makes it very easy to get around. My 5-year-old son enjoyed the kids club and water playground several times for a few hours. The evening shows were high quality with professional acrobats and dancers. We didn’t get to try most of the restaurants but the seafood and beachfront setting at Habaneros was wonderful. My least favorite food was from room service. My favorite staff people were Juliana by the pool and Victor at the buffet restaurant. Alma gave me one of the best massages I ever had. I didn’t get to use the hydrotherapy but it looked very serene. The spa facilities are co-ed which is not what I typically prefer.

A few reservations: I was disappointed with the lack of palapas at the beach. Older pics online make it appear as though there are several dense rows of palapas. In reality, there are scattered palapas in the back row and some cabanas for rent. The cabanas were fully rented by the start of the day. Sadly because of this we were not able to spend much time at the beautiful beach. Lastly- I would not visit this resort if you are at all worried about COVID. Guests are rarely required to wear masks including in elevators. Kids are not required to wear masks while in the kids club. This is a place to go if you want to “sort of” forget about COVID.

I would come back. The location, service and amenities make this a fun and hassle-free choice for families.

Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank pellepeanut
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Bare with me for this extensive review:

Property - the hotel itself was very well maintained. It looked like a new Property. There was always staff cleaning and making improvements. The rooms were super clean. We got an ocean front at the club. The room was smaller than other places I've stayed but thr view was gorgeous. The water was crystal clear. We left the doors open at night and the ocean waves were amazing all night. Maids came everyday with clean towels and made our rooms super clean. The pools were so clean and water was literally the perfect temperature. Not too cold or hot.

Location: This is the last hotel on the strip. The shops and nightlife are 10 min walking distance from hotel which was super nice, no need for taxi for souvenir shopping.

Food - we ate at Lorenzo's (food was pretty good, our son loved their pizzas), Chevy's (Food was decent, Blooming onion was really good, the manager even came our when we requested gluten free bread. I got got his name but he was super nice and friendly and made sure our food preferences were met), Buffet (overall pretty good, breakfast had a wide variety of food, I'd rate it overall 3/5, I loved the smoothie bar and their juices were all sooo fresh and delicious). The pool area would have various carts throughout the day, loved the mangos! They had tacos, juices, fresh kabobs, churro cart in the AM and buffet were so good. The club also had food, it was a hit or miss depending on the day. They had salmon, jalapeño poppers, and shrimp cocktails which were really good. Since we don't eat much meat we didn't really try anything else.

Service: staff was all soo friendly and would say hi everywhere u went. Raul and Juanita at the club pool bar kept our drinks going. They are really all so hard working without every expecting expecting tips. We saw many ppl didn't give tips..please tip well, they rely in tips and especially for doing such hard work and making sure the guests are well taken care of.

Zen Spa: this was thr first time I've had a massage at a hotel. I get regular massages so I'm pretty picky and was hesitant to book such an expensive massage but let me tell u, it was well worth it!! We got an 80 min massage with Sara and Yessica, they were amazing! My MIL who always has something to complain about said it was thr best massage she's ever had, and that says lot! we had access to the steam room, sauna, hot tub and pool with jets all day. It was well worth the money. I really felt so relaxed after that day!

Kids: our 6 yo had a blast. They had balloons in the front desk which he went crazy about. The kids water park was small but he still lived it. They had various activities throughout the day. He enjoyed Spanish class and trampoline jumping on the patio. They also had wax hand, and other arts and crafts that we would have liked to do.

Shows: we attended the Mexican show, which my son thought was boring but it was a nice show but a little cheesy. They had some good shows at the pool which were actually very good and fun to watch.. I think there are more activities around the weekend. we left Friday so we couldn't see them.

Overall we had a blast and would stay there again in Cancun.We also stayed at Hyatt Ziva in Los Cabos but enjoyed this one better bc we could actually go on the beach. There are 2 beaches, one is smaller, thr other side is bigger but its a sort of a long walk if your in the hot sun, but we didn't mind. If I have to be picky, we went twice to get my sons inflatables filled with air in the shop and the same guy said it was broken for 2 days and we got it filled up the last day after we bought one from the shop.

Date of stay: April 2021