Lowest prices for your stay
Expedia
FindHotel
US$62
View deal
Hotels.comUS$62
Trip.comUS$68
Agoda.com
All reviews hotel location is lazaro cardenas a great place to stay walking distance neighborhood city
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 April 2021 via mobile

This is a nice hotel.
Downsides: 1) on a highway and in a neighborhood surrounded by highways so not a very walkable place. 2) room service closed early and there is no where else to get food after midnight [possibly due to covid].
Upsides: 1) in between Zapopan and GDL and conveniently located between both cities major attractions. 2) close to RIU and a cool view from the rooms. 3) awesome rooms! Great beds. Beautiful bathrooms. Very luxurious feel.
Overall I recommend it if you’re looking for a city getaway and not a traditional stay.

Date of stay: March 2021
Trip type: Travelled solo
Hoteles Baruk, Otro at Baruk Guadalajara Hotel de Autor, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2021

Dear Devola1
We appreciate your comments, they are very important to us,

receive a cordial greeting

Reviewed 27 November 2020 via mobile

The room was sparkling clean and huge, the front desk staff was friendly and very professional, The neighborhood is safe and You’ll find a lot of variety of restaurants in a walking distance, I highly recommend this hotel.

Date of stay: November 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Hoteles Baruk, Otro at Baruk Guadalajara Hotel de Autor, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2020

Dear ramonmM93GS ,

Baruk Gdl

Reviewed 17 November 2020 via mobile

The hotel was a great place to stay and be near the center of the city. With great food, great views of the city at night and not too far from the historic center of Guadalajara. A hotel with a very classy modern look and rooms that are very comfortable.

Date of stay: October 2020
Trip type: Travelled solo
Hoteles Baruk, Otro at Baruk Guadalajara Hotel de Autor, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2020

Dear guest,

I appreciate your feedback, I'm glad that you found everything excellent in your visit, we hope to see you soon again in this your Hotel.

Receive a cordial greeting from me,
Sincerely, The Author.

Reviewed 28 January 2020

Good: New/clean property, location (close to restaurants/bars/etc)...

Bad: Service/staff, onsite restaurant, room amenities, "pool", gym, parking

First day/check in fiancé noted they had a no smoking policy in all rooms. However, upon going into our room it was noted that there was a heavy smell of smoke/other chemical scents to mask it. Requested a different room which they did accommodate. Settled into the new room, which was nice/clean, albeit an IKEA like quality of aesthetics. The fridge is extremely small so putting any leftover boxes from restaurants is not possible. Its really only good for drinks and that is it. The Nespresso type coffee maker was the biggest perk of the room as it made excellent espressos/coffees.

The first day we needed to head to the "business center". This is not your typical business center as there are no computers but just open desks. This space is not guest only but rather a shared space with hotel operations. Trying to use the printer there was no paper and required the comptroller to refill as no other employee had access to the paper. Then we learned we could only print 5 pages per day before they would begin charging. It was cheaper/quicker to just go to an Office Depot in Guadalajara.

The next morning my fiancé went to the gym while I had a video conference call. The gym is very sparse with limited equipment. From the gym you can lead out to a small deck with the “pool”. I put pool in quotes as its more like a hot tub or bath tub. You’re not going to be doing any laps in it so set expectations accordingly.

Since she was gone, we placed the Do Not Disturb sign on the door to ensure the cleaning wouldn’t occur while on my call. About an hour in, I hear the lock of the door open and I assumed it was my fiancé. Rather it was the maid, who spoke no English, and commenced to talk to me in Spanish. My Spanish is very limited so I put my finger up to my lips as to say please by quiet/pointed to my video that was live. She did not stop talking and there was an awkward 15-20 seconds of her just looking at me. I finally, with my best Spanglish, told her no/to leave. Ended up telling guest services about this incident…which they did apologize.

The following night, wifi/phones went out and there was no notification from the staff. I wasn’t working or needing phones when it went out so we were oblivious of any issues till I attempted to login that morning. Went down to guest services and they said "oh yes, internet went out around 7p last night and its going to be several hours or more before they can fix." As a guest you should be made aware of something like this immediately as this is a major perk/expectation for business travelers. It would also allow us to prepare to make other accommodations/find another wifi spot to work from if it’s urgent.

The onsite restaurant was only used once while we waiting on cleaning staff to finish our room. Which, after us being gone almost all day, with the sign saying please come in/clean…nothing was done. So, we decided on coffee/pastry to kill some time before heading back up. Unfortunately, the staff there was less attentive to us. We saw the server once for one cup of coffee, tea, and our pastry. Never came back to check on us, ask for refills, or even give us a bill. Tried getting her attention but she was focused on other groups. We got up to leave and tell the hostess to just charge our room. Which prompted the waitress to finally take notice b/c she got in trouble for letting us leave (she thought we skipped out on bill). Never had an apology for lack of checking on us/service.

Oh, and during our stay the room keys would stop working for the elevator or room (both at same time.) Which led me to think they were being deactivated b/c staff didn’t put correct check out date.

Date of stay: January 2020
El Autor BarukGDL, Otro at Baruk Guadalajara Hotel de Autor, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2020

Dear guest,

Thank you for your comments, the whole team is working hard to make each guest feel comfortable and satisfied, I hope to see you soon in this your hotel.

Sincerely The Author.

Reviewed 28 December 2019 via mobile

A terrible place.
New, modern and clean, but arrogant and completely impractical.
If people spend so much money on creating a place, why cant they make it useable?
There is a hotel policy of handing out only one room key, if you want more you have to download an app. You cannot open a window, but the AC controller peeps for 15 Minutes if you open the room door or change the temperature at night.
Friendly staff says: there is nothing they can do.
Small and overcrowded gym and a so called pool the size of a bathtub.
Nice views but constant very loud street noise.
LED lamps that you have to turn to full brightness before you can switch them off.
For every good element there is something much worse balancing it.

If you want to live in a loud, impractical IKEA room at a medium high price an be woken all the time, do visit this place!

Date of stay: December 2019