Open today: 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM

More Info
from US$69.00
More Info
1,103 results
All reviews chef enrique tamales cooking class guacamole mexican cooking cooking experience his lovely wife market tour tortilla factory fresh ingredients learned how great chef learning how lovely home learn how shrimp highly recommend this experience
Selected filters
Reviewed 26 February 2021

I can't express enough how great our experience has been with Chef Enrique. Chef Enrique has the ability to combine cooking with personal interaction. The recipes and lessons Chef Enrique thought us, we carry with us for a long time. But speaking for both my wife and myself I can say Chef Enrique has reserved himself a special spot on our memories of Puerto Vallarta. We'll definitely be in touch with Chef Enrique again, whether it'll be in person in Puerto Vallarta or online.

In a time where loads of tourist experiences struggle in so many ways we've experienced Chef Enrique as an example to follow for many. He decided not to pity but to see this as a way to evolve himself and his experience as a cooking class.

Date of experience: February 2021
1  Thank I5284XOjohnb
Enrique C, Owner at Cookin' Vallarta, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2021

Thank you for your words of support.
I appreciate it highly.
All the best for you.

Reviewed 5 February 2021 via mobile

After reading other wonderful reviews of Chef Enrique and his lovely wife, I don’t feel I can add much because all the 5-star reviews are spot on! I felt awful that I was the ONLY person signed up for the class and he was still willing to do it for me AND he was so kind to meet me at the Mercado which was across the street from my Airbnb in the Romantic Zone. We walked around the Mercado and he explained the differences in the cheeses, the vegetables, fruits, etc. with lots of history behind the names. He is extremely knowledgeable and fascinating! When we got to his kitchen in his adorable home, I met his beautiful wife. We made (well...HE actually did most of the work!) Cream of Pablano soup with panela cheese & toasted pepitas, hibiscus margaritas, and blue-corn tacos (tortillas?) Al Pastor (plus another taco made with cooked pork rinds and other ingredients). Chef Enrique also made guacamole and salsa verde to complement the tacos. Just a wonderful day! If you are thinking about doing this class, do not hesitate! He and his wife constantly washed their hands and wore their masks. Great thing to do with your “close” family (or friends) who are COVID conscious. I felt safe the entire time. Can’t wait to bring my girlfriends back once we are all vaccinated!

Date of experience: January 2021

It was a pleasure my friend.

Reviewed 19 January 2021 via mobile

What an amazing day cooking with Enrique! Our multiple styles of tacos and salsas were so good. Took the class as a family with 6 & 8 year old boys, who loved it as much as we did. Felt very Covid safe with masks and hand washing.

Totally Recommend!

Date of experience: January 2021
1  Thank kristinc337

Hola Kristin and family,
I want to say : MUCHAS GRACIAS and it was great to meet your lovely family.
Thanks a lot for the opportunity and the favor towards our small business within these difficult times; we highly appreciate your visit.

Thank you very much !

Reviewed 19 January 2021

I booked a private cooking class for my boyfriends birthday with Chef Enrique. My BF is a great cook and he definitely learned new skills in this class! We had a great time and felt right at home at Chef's home. Chef and his wife went above and beyond and learned so much that day! We made seriously the most delicious ceviche we've ever eaten! You get so much for your money, we learned about local ingredients, sampled mezcal, made handmade tortillas, ate and ate amazing food, and laughed and enjoyed the experience. Enrique was nice enough to take us on a quick tour of the local market because I messed up and booked the tour that didn't include that which was so gracious of him! We love our souvenir aprons and wear them back in Dallas fondly. I would love to do more tours and classes with him! Next time I want to drive around in his cool Beetle and eat tacos! Highly recommend! Thank you so much Chef Enrique!

Date of experience: December 2020
1  Thank Lindzini

Thank you very much , I was happy to host you; you guys rock !!

Reviewed 6 January 2021 via mobile

Spent the day with Enrique and his family making authentic Mexican food. The tour began with a stop at the market. We learned a lot of what you would think was basic info on items used in a Mexican dish, however Enrique's description and teaching enriched the knowledge we thought we had. Afterwards, we traveled to his own home to make guacamole, an amazing poblano soup and mole with chicken using the freshest if ingredients. Was an awesome experience - AND very safe with Covid restrictions in place. I will always remember this day. Highly recommended.

1  Thank rjcjr1972
Enrique C, Owner at Cookin' Vallarta, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2021

I want to say : MUCHAS GRACIAS
Looking forward to host you again on your next trip to Puerto Vallarta and I also want to invite you to try our food and cooking experiences in Los Cabos and Playa del. Carmen.
Thank you very much !