4,017 results
All reviews la ribera andrea restaurant aqua bar room service bedroom suite guest services casino night pool side time share mexican fiesta beautiful resort all inclusive package water aerobics city tour our waiter ping pong family vacation
Reviewed 30 May 2018

What sets this resort apart is it’s U-shaped design with 8 floors which ensures there aren’t too many guests fighting for the best pool chair locations, and the flora and fauna which makes the setting seem like a tropical jungle, along with the extremely attentive and friendly staff. We were very lucky to be seated most days in Alvaro’s section at the pool. The service he provides is truly outstanding, and that’s saying something at this resort where the service is extraordinary! We were also very fortunate to have Vicky as our house-keeper, she was incredible, always ensuring our room was immaculate along with plenty of fresh clean towels and bedding. Yes, please tip them! They deserve it! They worked hard in that humid heat while we lounged around at the pool and received refreshing frozen drinks and delicious food, pool-side, in the restaurant right by the beach or at Andres in comfortable air-conditioning, or in our incredible 8th floor room enjoying their 24-hour room delivery service. The food was always delicious, from fish dishes to pizza to pancakes for breakfast, delivered hot and quickly by very friendly staff or available made to order, or buffet style. Don't miss the crepes at the lobby! They were amazing. We also enjoyed the excellent services of the Spa for a couples massage and an perfect Gel French manicure. Although our visit during the hot days of May, the breeze off the ocean made the resort a very pleasant place to stay. In fact, it was so lovely I didn’t want to leave it. The quality of the drinks was superb. Christian, the Activities Director, works hard to provide a wonderful variety and we were very fortunate to take Spanish lessons from Rodrigo. He is an excellent instructor and very personable.

The only minor complaint was that they permit smoking in the rooms, and the smoke from neighbouring guests was overwhelming despite the air/dehumidifier they put in our room to try to mitigate the effect. An adjoining door to their unit made the smoke come directly into ours, and it was such an unpleasant smell every time we walked into our room. Despite how huge, lovely and spacious our room was, we tended to stay in the bedroom once they arrived as it was the only room where we could avoid the smoke. I wish they would ask about smoking and divide people according to their preference, however smoking appears to be more acceptable in Mexico than it is in North America. Too bad.

1  Thank netnrrd
Luis A, Director General at Velas Vallarta, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2018

We are truly pleased to have provided you this outstanding vacation experience thanks to our unique, tropical landscaping, our surplus of pool space and furniture, a wide variety of food and beverage, 24-hours, and of course, the service of the highly talented staff that we are blessed to have.

I must thank you for describing the memories and persons that stood out for you. And at the same time allow me to apologize for not taking the extra step to ensure that your neighbor was not a smoker. Our eight-story buildings do have smoking and non-smoking floors, and I will have my front desk staff use more criteria when assigning our guest their suites.

We look forward next time to seeing your improvement with our Spanish lessons where we will step up the classes to immerse you even further in our beautiful language. Until then, our warmest regards go out to you and all our good friends in beautiful Vancouver, British Columbia. Thank you!

Reviewed 30 May 2018 via mobile

We like to travel but always return to the same area and resort... Marina Vallarta - Velas Vallarta
Velas is located in the best area in all of Puerto Vallarta Tourist Zone. It is situated only about 5 to 7 minutes from the Airport. Velas offers close proximity to the Marina and the Marina Golf Course as well, both about only about a 10 minute walk away. The Bus stop is directly outside the front door, If you choose to to head to ‘Centro’ PV it is a very Inexpensive 7.5 Peso Bus ride. Taxi’s are inexpensive also.
If you want the ‘Monster Size resorts’ then you can take the much longer drive to Nuevo Vallarta.
The staff and service at Velas is awesome and the the food is excellent!
Some staff members that go beyond the call duty:
My main man Gustavo from the pool bar ( and specialty guide ) , Luis, Carlos, Cindy, Valeria, Marcos and Mr. Juan Carlos the GM who always ensure of your satisfaction and things run smooth.
Velas has gorgeous landscaping with water falls and creeks that include Koi. Peacocks also live there.
Definitely a 5 star resort. I plan on returning in a few months... again!

Trip type: Travelled solo

Ken, thank you so much for sharing your detailed insights on Velas Vallarta and the surrounding area. And most of all, allow me to send my great appreciation for your love and affection for the staff and all that they provide. Your warm and cheerful presence is always a wonderful treat for many of us. And it is our hope that your return shortly to reunite with the many friends that you have made after all these years.

Until next time, Ken, we wish you great success up in Edmonton, Alberta, and as always, we remain at your trusted service. Thank you!

Reviewed 29 May 2018

We're so happy we chose the Velas Vallarta for our girlfriend getaway. The hotel and rooms were spotless, and the staff was very friendly. I don't speak Spanish, but that wasn't a problem, as everyone we encountered spoke nearly perfect English.
The rooms were spacious, and all the balconies have an ocean view.
Food at both restaurants was very good, and fresh. We opted for the all-inclusive package, and were able to choose from the menu or buffet at each meal. Poolside snacks and drinks were also included in the package.
The sandy beach is just steps away from the hotel.
I would definitely recommend the Velas Vallarta.

Room tip: All rooms have an ocean and pool view.
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank WashingtonGirl98245

As a team, we are excited to know of the great satisfaction that you felt on your girlfriends getaway at Velas Vallarta.

We realize that when traveling amongst good friends, there may be varying likes and preferences. That is why we have established an incredible array of food and beverage options, 24-hours a day. And even if you find yourselves at 2 am, in your suite, watching a movie or just conversing, you can feel free to order food to your suite, without any extra surcharge whatsoever.

Thank you for allowing us the privilege to make your vacation experience as successful as it was. You can be assured that we will be at the ready when the need for another girlfriends getaway presents itself. Take care, and our warmest regards go out to all of you in Eastsound, Orcas Island, Washington.

Reviewed 29 May 2018

Although we experienced some annoyance, it was handled swiftly and graciously. Having the skill to problem solve is a greater asset than pretending they never occur.

Hopefully Sr. Lopez will continue to oversee Velas Vallarta for a long time, his example is a benefit to all.

Additionally, all staff is to be commended for their constant attentiveness to guests. Not only do they respond efficiently and pleasantly, they often anticipate needs!

Thank you!

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank 48jly

Thank you very much for sharing your great satisfaction with the staff and management of Velas Vallarta who took care of your vacation happiness swiftly and proactively.

There are at times, obstacles that may get in the way of a fulfilling vacation experience, and my manager, Juan Carlos Lopez, makes it his priority to allay any situation and at the same time redirecting your vacation perception back on a positive path. And your patience and understanding, along with the teamwork of my staff, resulted in your highly positive comments and expressions.

Thank you for reserving with us at Velas Vallarta and entrusting us to make the overall experience a profoundly satisfying one. Until next time, we wish you all the best for an excellent summer up in Sacramento, California. Take care, my friend.

Reviewed 25 May 2018

My wife and I got married at Velas Vallarta on 05/18/18. We also stayed for a week at the hotel as all-inclusive guests. For the TLDR, our wedding was the most amazing day I could have ever hoped for and our weeklong stay at Velas was made memorable by the consistently outstanding service and genuinely friendly hotel staff.

Hotel review:

Room/housekeeping: Our room was the honeymoon suite. It was beautiful, clean, and had a lovely view of the hotel grounds and ocean. Our housekeeper, Graciela, is the loveliest woman. She always greeted me with a smile and we had really nice conversations (I speak Spanish). She went through special effort for little details, such as presenting our wedding bouquet in a beautiful way the day after our wedding. Thank you Graciela.

Hotel grounds: The grounds are breathtaking and well maintained. You will find peacocks wandering around, including some albino peacocks. We didn’t have time to use the pool during our wedding, but they look beautiful and I saw people cleaning them every morning.

Front desk: I dealt extensively with Jesus and Ivan when checking in. Jesus was extremely patient when dealing with an issue that arose where our guest that we intended to pay for ended up paying for themselves (this isn’t the hotel’s fault, but our own). He also was patient when we wanted to use a specific credit card for a purchase but we kept being denied; even though we arguably could have paid with a different credit card, Jesus waited without complaint as we negotiated with the credit card company. All in all, he gave us 30+ minutes of his time for something that to many would have seemed trivial, but was important to us. Ivan also gave consistently great service and I interacted with him consistently throughout the trip.

Travel agent: I worked closely with Rafael and his colleague Karen to book a tour of Yelapa. Rafael gave me a good deal and was honest with me throughout every step of the process. He and his colleague Karen were also very helpful when, at the last minute, I had to cancel a booking for one guest and I requested a refund. They went out of their way to give me fantastic customer service.

Restaurant: The service at Andreas was the best restaurant service we’ve ever received. One of the managers, Omar, was accommodating and welcoming on a night that our wedding party brought 30+ guests in for dinner. He went out of his way to make things work for us and dinner and drinks came promptly. We were also served by Martin, who was super friendly and who we had a nice conversation with about his dreams and ambitions. Another server that gave us great service was Erick.

On our last evening, a young female singer was performing. We enjoyed her angelic voice for several hours. She even performed a song that we requested: Creo en ti by Reik. We forgot her name, but thank you for this amazing moment.

Regarding the food, we had several very delicious meals and in general the quality was reasonable for what we paid as all-inclusive guests. There were several meals we really really enjoyed and just a few that we’d consider “misses”. Their steak was consistently delicious. It’s important to have fair expectations when visiting an all-inclusive resort, though; yes, you could probably get better food paying for individual meals elsewhere, but the convenience of walking downstairs and having everything available to you at your fingertips is unbeatable.

Room service: Room service was prompt and surprisingly good.

Wedding: Our wedding day was everything I could have ever hoped for. We laughed, we cried, we danced. In general, almost every aspect of the wedding went smoothly.The decorations were lovely and elegant. Our first dance was just perfect in the setting PV sun. The lighting during dinner was great. Dinner was tasty and so was the cake.

I did talk to the Velas coordinator about a couple of areas of improvement that I hope they work on in future weddings. One of these is ensuring prompt service of drinks/water as soon as guests are seated - some of my guests had to wait longer than they should have to get their first drinks.

Velas wedding coordinator: Yara was our wedding coordinator, and we want to thank her for doing an AMAZING job organizing a day we will never forget. She was very attentive and receptive to feedback, and she was easy to work with. She also have a very positive attitude. Our wedding went smoothly and the guests all said they thought it was one of the best weddings they had ever been to.

If I could give one piece of feedback, it would be setting a clear expectation with the bride and groom about how often they should expect updates/check-ins from her during the wedding. While I know she did a lot of things behind the scenes, I did wish there was a bit more personal communication between her and us during the wedding. Some wedding couples may want a more hands-off approach than we do, but I think it’s good to discuss that beforehand.

Overall: I don’t have any experience with other Mexican resorts, but I was left with the impression that Velas hires people that really care about customer service. I think we got a lot out of our Velas trip because we are kind and respectful people. As a general tip for future guests: treat the Velas employees with respect, remember peoples’ names, and I think you will extract even more out of your trip. Also, don’t forget to leave propinas (tips) for their hard work.

Room tip: general tip: tip everyone when they earn it and remember peoples' names, you will get even better service
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Daniel C
Luis A, Director General at Velas Vallarta, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2018

Daniel, allow me first to congratulate you and your beautiful wife on your loving union.

I for one had the pleasure of reading your marvelous review twice, and each time I felt a distinctive pride for the young women and men that contributed to your momentous day. Your easy descriptions allowed me to envision all the points that you made including your immense gratitude for having your ceremony and honeymoon as picture perfect as can be.

On behalf of Yara, your wedding coordinator extraordinaire, and all of her dedicated colleagues, I thank you for entrusting Velas Vallarta to bring to life the wedding of your dreams. Your clear and concise instructions for the event helped my team immensely to have everything in place, and I thank you for that.

Until next time, Daniel, we wish you both, and your families, a long and loving future. Thank you, my friend.