4,000 results
All reviews la ribera andrea restaurant aqua bar room service bedroom suite guest services casino night time share mexican fiesta beautiful resort all inclusive package water aerobics our waiter city tour pool side ping pong close to the airport
Reviewed 25 May 2018

My wife and I got married at Velas Vallarta on 05/18/18. We also stayed for a week at the hotel as all-inclusive guests. For the TLDR, our wedding was the most amazing day I could have ever hoped for and our weeklong stay at Velas was made memorable by the consistently outstanding service and genuinely friendly hotel staff.

Hotel review:

Room/housekeeping: Our room was the honeymoon suite. It was beautiful, clean, and had a lovely view of the hotel grounds and ocean. Our housekeeper, Graciela, is the loveliest woman. She always greeted me with a smile and we had really nice conversations (I speak Spanish). She went through special effort for little details, such as presenting our wedding bouquet in a beautiful way the day after our wedding. Thank you Graciela.

Hotel grounds: The grounds are breathtaking and well maintained. You will find peacocks wandering around, including some albino peacocks. We didn’t have time to use the pool during our wedding, but they look beautiful and I saw people cleaning them every morning.

Front desk: I dealt extensively with Jesus and Ivan when checking in. Jesus was extremely patient when dealing with an issue that arose where our guest that we intended to pay for ended up paying for themselves (this isn’t the hotel’s fault, but our own). He also was patient when we wanted to use a specific credit card for a purchase but we kept being denied; even though we arguably could have paid with a different credit card, Jesus waited without complaint as we negotiated with the credit card company. All in all, he gave us 30+ minutes of his time for something that to many would have seemed trivial, but was important to us. Ivan also gave consistently great service and I interacted with him consistently throughout the trip.

Travel agent: I worked closely with Rafael and his colleague Karen to book a tour of Yelapa. Rafael gave me a good deal and was honest with me throughout every step of the process. He and his colleague Karen were also very helpful when, at the last minute, I had to cancel a booking for one guest and I requested a refund. They went out of their way to give me fantastic customer service.

Restaurant: The service at Andreas was the best restaurant service we’ve ever received. One of the managers, Omar, was accommodating and welcoming on a night that our wedding party brought 30+ guests in for dinner. He went out of his way to make things work for us and dinner and drinks came promptly. We were also served by Martin, who was super friendly and who we had a nice conversation with about his dreams and ambitions. Another server that gave us great service was Erick.

On our last evening, a young female singer was performing. We enjoyed her angelic voice for several hours. She even performed a song that we requested: Creo en ti by Reik. We forgot her name, but thank you for this amazing moment.

Regarding the food, we had several very delicious meals and in general the quality was reasonable for what we paid as all-inclusive guests. There were several meals we really really enjoyed and just a few that we’d consider “misses”. Their steak was consistently delicious. It’s important to have fair expectations when visiting an all-inclusive resort, though; yes, you could probably get better food paying for individual meals elsewhere, but the convenience of walking downstairs and having everything available to you at your fingertips is unbeatable.

Room service: Room service was prompt and surprisingly good.

Wedding: Our wedding day was everything I could have ever hoped for. We laughed, we cried, we danced. In general, almost every aspect of the wedding went smoothly.The decorations were lovely and elegant. Our first dance was just perfect in the setting PV sun. The lighting during dinner was great. Dinner was tasty and so was the cake.

I did talk to the Velas coordinator about a couple of areas of improvement that I hope they work on in future weddings. One of these is ensuring prompt service of drinks/water as soon as guests are seated - some of my guests had to wait longer than they should have to get their first drinks.

Velas wedding coordinator: Yara was our wedding coordinator, and we want to thank her for doing an AMAZING job organizing a day we will never forget. She was very attentive and receptive to feedback, and she was easy to work with. She also have a very positive attitude. Our wedding went smoothly and the guests all said they thought it was one of the best weddings they had ever been to.

If I could give one piece of feedback, it would be setting a clear expectation with the bride and groom about how often they should expect updates/check-ins from her during the wedding. While I know she did a lot of things behind the scenes, I did wish there was a bit more personal communication between her and us during the wedding. Some wedding couples may want a more hands-off approach than we do, but I think it’s good to discuss that beforehand.

Overall: I don’t have any experience with other Mexican resorts, but I was left with the impression that Velas hires people that really care about customer service. I think we got a lot out of our Velas trip because we are kind and respectful people. As a general tip for future guests: treat the Velas employees with respect, remember peoples’ names, and I think you will extract even more out of your trip. Also, don’t forget to leave propinas (tips) for their hard work.

Room Tip: general tip: tip everyone when they earn it and remember peoples' names, you will get even better service
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Daniel C
Luis A, Director General at Velas Vallarta, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2018

Daniel, allow me first to congratulate you and your beautiful wife on your loving union.

I for one had the pleasure of reading your marvelous review twice, and each time I felt a distinctive pride for the young women and men that contributed to your momentous day. Your easy descriptions allowed me to envision all the points that you made including your immense gratitude for having your ceremony and honeymoon as picture perfect as can be.

On behalf of Yara, your wedding coordinator extraordinaire, and all of her dedicated colleagues, I thank you for entrusting Velas Vallarta to bring to life the wedding of your dreams. Your clear and concise instructions for the event helped my team immensely to have everything in place, and I thank you for that.

Until next time, Daniel, we wish you both, and your families, a long and loving future. Thank you, my friend.

Reviewed 20 May 2018 via mobile

Most fabulous resort we’ve been too.. beautiful location, fantastic food and excellent service especially by Marcelino! Definitely recommend this resort and we plan to return soon! Went off the resort daily never any problems!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Darin M
Luis A, Director General at Velas Vallarta, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2018

We are very proud, Darin, to have been selected as the setting in which to celebrate your union of love.

My team has become well-known for their pampering abilities, and Marcelino is just one of our exceptional team members who go the extra mile to cater to your needs.

On behalf of Marcelino and all of his 700 dedicated colleagues, I congratulate you on your beautiful marriage and wish you both a long and loving future.

Reviewed 17 May 2018

We did a girls trip in May and absolutely loved this place! I could not have asked for better service from the time we got out of the taxi until we left for the airport. The pools and grounds are immaculate and the wait staff is amazing. The peacocks are fun to watch and wander the grounds freely. There are many activities that you can participate in or just relax and be pampered. We hope to return very soon!

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank funinthesunSandy_UT

As a team, we are thrilled to know that you and your girlfriends "absolutely loved" Velas Vallarta and that every aspect of your stay was to your great pleasure.

With our vast history of hosting many vacationers we have become well-known for many things, and our tropical gardens, winding pathways, and of course, our local and tame wildlife has become iconic with Puerto Vallarta vacations. And I am glad that the overall ambiance of the resort was a resounding success for all of you.

Thank you for entrusting Velas Vallarta to deliver you this outstanding vacation experience. We look forward to your swift return when the opportunity permits itself. Take care and warm greetings to all in Sandy, Utah.

Reviewed 13 May 2018

The grounds are beautifully maintained, the staff very friendly and accomodating and the food and drinks were great. City tour was a fun way to spend the day. This was my third visit to Velas...haven't been there in recent years but plan to return soon.
Aldred in the main dining hall was an outstanding server who remembered our individual requests each evening. Joel, in the outdoor dining area by the beach, was equally GREAT!! The staff always made us feel like very welcome guests. The camaraderie by repeat guests speaks to the warm atmosphere created by everyone. My ONLY criticism is the relentless 'badgering' to attend time-share meetings and reviews when you enter the main lobby.

Room Tip: Rooms in building three are beautiful but the afternoon sun prevents you from enjoying the balcony.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank ciuzz2016

It is our honor to have splendid members such as yourselves return to Velas Vallarta and enjoy all the warmth and hospitality that we are renowned for.

I am sure that you have made some great friends during your time with us, gracious staff members and other guests alike. And all of this, combined with our picturesque facilities and delicious culinary offerings, will surely bring you back to Velas Vallarta at your earliest convenience.

Thank you for your beautiful words and remember next time, you are already a member, and you, nor no one, has an obligation to see our program. Just arrive and enjoy everything around you. Until next time, our warmest greetings go out to you and your friends all the way to Buenos Aires, Argentina. ¡Gracias!

Reviewed 9 May 2018

I stayed at Velas Vallarta for 6 nights. From the first night, I had nothing but fun. The staff was amazing and the food was excellent. My suite was comfortable and clean and the surrounding area was also very safe. I loved it and I will definitely go back. Thank you to Armando, Fabi, Diana, Olivia and everyone else for making my stay a memorable one. ❤️

Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank marisolaleman79
Luis A, Director General at Velas Vallarta, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2018

It was our great pleasure, Marisol, to have hosted such a wonderful guest as yourself.

I am delighted to know that you found everything to be enchanting and that you even made some great friendships with some of my staff. And you are correct when you say that the surrounding area is very safe. Marina Vallarta, where we are situated, along with Puerto Vallarta as a whole has a very comforting reputation as being an absolutely marvelous place to visit and explore. And we hope that you, Marisol, become one of the many return guests that we look forward to serving each year.

Until next time, we send you all our best to Somerset, New Jersey. Thank you!