“Above Average Food with Slightly Slow Service”

Cheap Cheap Restaurant
Ranked #64 of 341 Restaurants in Ao Nang
Price range: US$2 - US$9
Cuisines: Fast food
Description: At Cheap Cheap Restaurant we are proud to offer a rich selection of European, Thai and Seafood dishes to affordable prices. We are located on the main street in Ao Nang, some ten minutes walk from the beach amid hotels and bars. Welcome in to have a bite!
Reviewed 2 May 2018

Had dinner at Cheap Cheap on a Sunday evening. Since Songkran was over, Krabi was relatively quiet. We ordered a plate of BBQ prawns (200baht), Salt Baked Fish (200Baht) and BBQ Pork Salad (100Baht) with 2 plates of white rice. For drinks we ordered a coconut. Service was a bit lackluster. Though only 2 tables ordered BBQ stuff, it took quite a while before our orders were served. I did notice that our prawn order was sent to the wrong table before landing on ours. The baked fish took a long time to arrive. Nevertheless both dishes were fresh though I would like to see the fish cleaned better. The dipping sauce served with both dishes was nice with lots of heat and tang. Needed some sugar to balance it out. The pork salad to me was very good as again it had lots of heat and flavor. All in all the damage to the wallet was 600 baht. I would say it is reasonable but given the number of other restaurants available, there would be better choices around.

Reviewed 15 April 2018

it may be called cheap cheap but the food is anything but...plenty of choice and cooked to perfection..enjoyed our time here

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Cheap is what you get here! Food is ok but don't expect fast service even if you just want phad thai. Won't go back!

Reviewed 2 April 2018

Great food at a reasonable price. Staff were very good and spoke good English. The red curry I had was as good as any I ever had in my 3 weeks being in Thailand. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

Been to Ao Bang many times, but never eaten at cheap cheap. Boy was I missing out, service good and food excellent. Will be going back for sure.