Points for the ambience and that's it.
Food is incredibly pricey but disappointingly mediocre. The worst of the lot by far would be the beef wellington. Anyone who has ever written a good review for their beef wellington is lying.
Let me break it down for you :
1) Puff pastry is beyond soggy. Barely flakey and not baked well. Bottom of the pastry isn't even cooked. Wot.
2) The mushroom duxelles is a measly thin layer on only the top of the beef tenderloin. What. It's supposed to wrap the entire steak, not just a miserable layer on the top.
3) Missing layer of prosciutto. Even if you want the meal to be halal, you could have added a layer of maybe chicken bacon / beef bacon.
4) When I asked for medium rare meat doneness, the waitress told me they highly recommend medium because the puff pastry wouldn't be baked well otherwise. Wellp - I ordered medium like you asked and your puff pastry *STILL* wasn't baked. So. Do you want me to order well done? Also, maybe your friggin meat would be properly medium rare if your stupid duxelles layer wasn't a paper thin layer on the top only (nothing on the sides and bottom) and you weren't missing a whole other meat layer.
5) Potatoes were good.
6) Other vegetables well blanched.
7) RM78 (most expensive thing on the menu) for a Christmas disappointment. Fun.
Highly recommend anyone else to take your money and have some good Malay / Chinese food elsewhere. Hurts less when bad food is cheap, instead of bad food for an arm.
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.