“26 May 18 Another visit”

Dunstanburgh Castle Hotel
Ranked #3 of 3 Restaurants in Embleton
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We stay in the area often and most times we visit here for a drink or two. It is a nice hotel with a relaxed laid back feel, great staff and decent beer.
Across the road is a lovely secluded beer garden, it is a little oasis of peace and tranquility well worth a seat in the sun shine.

Reviewed 22 April 2018

I've already left a review on Dunstanburgh Castle Hotel's other Trip Advisor page relating to my stay, however, seeing as they have a separate 'restaurant' page, I think it's only right I should comment here about the food. After all, the hotel's restaurant is open to non-residents too and if ever you're in the area or passing through, I would definitely recommend stopping by for a meal. Apparently, I've been told they do a great Sunday lunch!

The menu is varied, however, it doesn't read like a book. I can tell that the kitchen team has put a lot of thought into each dish and the hotel prides itself on the fact that they source local produce including meat and sustainable fish.

I had the salmon roulade for starter...simple but elegantly presented and one of the best salad garnishes I've come across in a very long time. For main I had the pork fillet (cooked to perfection) with tasty wild mushrooms and served with a creamy mash and a range of interesting seasonal vegetables...this really was quite superb and plentiful. I'm not really a big sweet eater but I couldn't resist trying the homemade white chocolate and berry cheesecake with local ice-cream that I spotted on the menu. Wow...I'm so glad I did!! I asked the waitress to pass on my compliments to the head chef who apparently is a young lady by the name of Charlotte. She came out of the kitchen to personally thank me, which I thought was a really nice touch. Lovely personality and very humble...she said she was unable to accept all the praise as it is a team effort in the kitchen and that she has a couple of really good colleagues working alongside her. Breakfast the next morning was really nice too. Again...proper bacon, a locally sourced hearty, meaty sausage, free range eggs, cafetiere coffee etc.

I'm known as somewhat of a more discerning customer when it comes to dining out but on this occasion, I honestly couldn't fault the food (rosette standard) and I would have paid really good money for what I had - 10 out of 10.

EmbletonHotelier, Team Member at Dunstanburgh Castle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2018

Dear bay_of_naples_1801

We would firstly like to thank you for the time you have taken to write and post your review of The Dunstanburgh Castle Hotel.

We are always grateful for our guest’s comments and are continually striving to improve. We are delighted that you enjoyed your visit with us and hope to see you again very soon.

Warmest wishes

Reviewed 13 April 2018 via mobile

Nothing wrong with the place as such. But nothing blew me away. Food was a bit dated, and was not particularly innovative.

I sense that the building is being refurbished slowly. And I think once done it will be a very nice place.

For the price, I feel you could probably find better. The joiners arms for example.

Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

Most certainly enjoyed our Sunday lunch, Lamb to melt in your mouth, vegetables to cry for, service to die for. No matter what you do, travel to Embleton and make sure it's a Sunday.

#PoliceCottages #LocalProduce #BestofService

#VisitEngland

EmbletonHotelier, Team Member at Dunstanburgh Castle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2018

Hi 2011bob2bob

Thank you so much for your very very kind review, it's always a pleasure having you stay. Look forward to next time.

Reviewed 9 March 2018

Because we have two Labradors we sought out this hotel as we knew they allowed dogs into what the staff described as the dog house.This turned out to be a comfortable lounge area.We enjoyed two nights of evening meals which were of a good standard.Staff very friendly.We will return in the summer.

Hi brucep0vey

Thanks for your wonderful review, we're so glad to hear you enjoyed dining in our pet friendly lounge. We look forward to seeing you again!