“Best Fish Fry Location restaurant”

Shirley's at the Fish Fry
Ranked #7 of 58 Restaurants in Great Exuma
Cuisines: Bahamian
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 21 July 2021

Extremely well priced and food was served quickly. One of the few restaurants that actually was AC cooled and you did not have to fight the flies away.

Date of visit: July 2021
Write a reviewReviews (834)

Reviewed 19 July 2021 via mobile

Shirleys food was excellent. Service was great as well. The prices were reasonable and I will definitely be revisiting. I

Reviewed 15 July 2021 via mobile

My fiancé and I ordered the chili wings to start which were amazing! We both had beers and I had a very strong Bahama Mama. I had the coconut grouper which was excellent, but pricey. My fiancé had the cracked conch and loved it. The food was good, but I got the sense that this place catered to tourists mainly. Local Bahamians were at all the other fish fry shacks surrounding it, which appeared to be serving much the same food at lower prices. Shirley’s also had things like pizza, French fries, etc which seemed less authentic and more catered to Americans. Overall it was delicious, but the other fish fry shacks might be a better bet for an authentic fish fry experience.

Reviewed 11 July 2021 via mobile

Happy to be back at Shirley's during our 2nd visit to the island. Had a late lunch here on Bahamian Independence Day after several hours of sun and water fun. Not very busy at that time thankfully. Tried the sweet chili wings appetizer--very tasty. DW liked the sauce so much that she asked for extra to use as a dip with her entree. For entrees we had cracked conch and the seafood mix. DW really enjoyed her cracked conch and the seafood mix was as good as the first time I tried it (nicely seasoned). We also really enjoyed the coconut pie. Very good service.

Reviewed 3 July 2021 via mobile

We had dinner at Shirley’s last night and it is now our favorite Exuma restaurant. The service was wonderful with Patrina and Levant. We had the grilled lobster and it was fantastic. We are still talking about the experience today.