“Great place for families!”
Review of Blue Lagoon Island

Blue Lagoon Island
Ranked #8 of 134 things to do in Nassau
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: These trained dolphins are playful and friendly, specializing in giving visitors a ride on the "dolphin surf," where one of these gentle creatures pushes you through the water with their snout.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We were looking for a nice beach day. Very pretty surroundings at Blue Lagoon. We were disappointed as the water was quite shallow, making it a wonderful location for children but not what we had in mind.

DolphinEncounters, Guest Relations Manager at Blue Lagoon Island, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Hi samzgirl84. Our lagoon is all natural so it does move with tidal changes, making it low sometimes. We hope you got to explore some of our other beaches that have deeper waters. Thanks for visiting Blue Lagoon Island!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,641)
All reviews
in 51 reviews
"life jackets"
in 27 reviews

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My boyfriend's favorite place to be considering the fish you can see seeking by you. Such a beautiful place

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Had a fantastic time. We did the sting Ray excursion and got up close and personal with them. Edwisha was wonderful as a trainer and let us stay in a lite bit extra to enjoy the sting Ray's without the other guests (who just basically touched them and sped off).
The beaches were clean, lunch was basic but well done. Staff was very well trained, and treated my jellyfish sting that I got in the lagoon. They aren't flooded with jelly fish, it was a wee little guy that got lost.

Hi Jess T. Happy to hear that you loved our stingrays - they are such gentle creatures and a joy to interact with! So sorry to hear that you got stung by a jellyfish, but glad to hear it was attended to efficiently. Thanks for visiting Blue Lagoon Island!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The boat shuttle is the mode of transportation. Once there you can do all sorts of things. Probably have to prebook, but they might have a office at the dock. They had beach activities, chairs, kayaks, dolphins, stingrays and segways. They even have a bar (best drinks by far) and food. Must try the fried conch, it was so good.

See more reviews
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I’ve swam with dolphins 3 times prior, one being at The Atlantis. This was probably the worst experience I’ve had thus far. Interacting with the dolphins was fun, but when we went into the photo lab, we decided to buy TWO photo packages, but they give them to you on a CD. My sister in law wanted a pic so she could post it on social media, so I asked the women helping us. Since again, we were buying TWO packages if i could snap a pic of the photo on the screen (that we were purchasing) for her, which she said i could. Then another worker literally comes up behind me and SLAPS me on the back, followed by a push and very nasty says “you can’t do that!!”. Now i understand where she was coming from but putting your hands on someone is not the way to do it. To be honest most of the people I came in contact with were unfriendly and kinda grumpy. I would suggest spending the extra money to go to The Atlantis or Balmoral.

1  Thank Jen H