All reviewsyogurtthe penthousecontinental breakfastrooms are smallin townst johndowntown locationferry dockmini fridgewithin walking distanceother guestsowners and staffplace to stayperfect locationspent one nightevery morningtwo blocks
Reviewed 4 February 2018

We love this place! Stayed here the first night of our trip and didn't want to leave. Such friendly people and our room was spacious. We arrived the day after Christmas 2017 and didn't have any expectations as they had just survived a Irma and Maria. The hotel was in great shape and all was well above our expectations. Room was clean and close to everything in Cruz Bay. I wish I would've booked additional nights instead of moving on to another place near Cruz Bay. Will return soon!!

Room Tip: We stayed in the room closest to the front desk. It had a balcony and was much more quiet than expected. Great location!
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sweetlowcountry
Reviewed 4 February 2018

This review is mostly for the "Suite on the Beach", where I stayed for five nights. It is a downstairs apartment in a home in Peter Bay, which is surrounded by national park. Peter Bay is in the middle of the popular beaches on the north side of St. John. You are literally minutes from the best beaches.

The view is incredible. I spent many hours sitting on my shaded porch just staring at the blue water and numerous islands.

The apartment is private and very quiet. It isn't fancy, but I found it quite comfortable and functional. There is a simple kitchen where I mostly ate easy meals. I wouldn't recommend doing extensive cooking in it. Restaurants in Cruz Bay are just 15 minutes away.

I spent one night in Cruz Bay Hotel. It is convenient when you are doing things in town because it is right in the middle, near the ferry. The room was simple, clean, and comfortable. There isn't a view at the hotel, but you get that by exploring the island.

Denise and David were fantastic hosts. Before, during, and after my stay they provided helpful information about St. John. I wholeheartedly recommend staying either at Cruz Bay Hotel or their "Suite on the Beach".

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank jeffbnc
Reviewed 6 January 2018

As owners at The Westin, we weren't able to stay there due to the destruction to our villa during the hurricane. I reached out to various places to stay as we booked this trip in February 2017 for our December 24, 2017-January 3, 2018 visit.Denise was the only one who got back to me right away and told me about the conditions of the island and answered any questions that I had. I couldn't say enough positive aspects about Cruz Bay Boutique Hotel. Denise and Dave make you feel at home, will direct you in the right direction for any of your needs, questions and the hotel is so clean and has everything you could possibly need: sunscreen, bug spray, beach chairs, etc. We had such a wonderful experience that if our villa is not ready by next December, we will be re-booking with Cruz Bay Boutique Hotel! I highly recommend it here. You won't be disappointed. The daily coffee served was delicious as we are coffee lovers! An added bonus!A great place to stay while you are in paradise!

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
4  Thank Heather L
Reviewed 13 December 2017

I stayed at this hotel right after Hurricane Maria hit while I was working with Disaster Relief. Dave the owner of the hotel was amazing and helped us out with anything that we needed. He made this an amazing home away from home during the disaster. I stayed there for 3 weeks.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Trevor O
Reviewed 14 November 2017

I highly recommend you stay with Dave and Denise at their comfortable and convenient Hotel in Cruz Bay. They are lovely, welcoming people with an amazing service focus, guaranteed to enhance your stay. Just when you think things couldn't get better, they provide valuable information, advice, and connections to fun and interesting things to do on the island. The spaces are clean, comfortable, and super convenient - walking distance to everything in Cruz Bay (food, drink, shopping, the ferry, etc). We can not wait to return again.

Room Tip: If you have a problem with stairs, ask for a lower level room.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple