All reviews nant ddu lodge evening meal lamb brecon beacons superior room steam room birthday treat prawn cocktail an overnight stay continental breakfast pen y fan both nights lovely food lick of paint full body massage enjoyable stay excellent value for money
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Stayed at the nant ddu on the 8th oct .first impression's were good only to get better. a very warm welcome by the receptionist. Pool and jacuzzi were a treat and very relaxing. We booked the suited room 38 which was decorated to a high standard and very comfortable. the food at the restaurant couldn't be faulted steak was a delight. staff at the restaurant were very helpful and very pleasant. breakfast was plentiful and staff were very attentive. Overall would definitely recommend a stay at this hotel

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
Simon D, General Manager at Nant Ddu Lodge Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

WOW! Thanks for your amazing 5 star review. Simon Daniel - General Manager

Reviewed 9 October 2018 via mobile

Stayed here with my boyfriend as it was his birthday and I wanted to surprise him with a beautiful country hotel. I couldn’t have been more disappointed.
I’d phoned and paid the room rate in advance so there’d be no awkward chat about how much it cost. However within 30 seconds of arriving, the scatty Receptionist announced the price and said the amount was outstanding, making me cringe. I pointed out through gritted teeth that I’d already paid, but the damage was done. I was pleased to see ‘Birthday message in room’ on the checking in sheet, but clearly this had been ignored as there was absolutely nothing when we got there - we stayed at a Premier Inn en route to Wales the previous night who made more fuss of my boyfriend with a handwritten card and little gift and I hadn’t even gone to the trouble of phoning ahead to let them know as I had with Nant Ddu.
Our room was nice, cosy and clean but so basic for the price - no extra little touches. We went all the way down to the spa only to be told that our robes were thrown in the bottom of our wardrobe in the room. The spa was so tired and old - the hot tub was lukewarm and the headrests were rattling away like they were coming off. The sauna and steam room were clean and fine, but the pool wasn’t a pleasant temperature at all, and since there were no free sun loungers and the chairs were covered in robes, we didn’t stay long.
Most of the staff we met were very friendly but out of their depth. We had dinner in the Bistro and were served the wrong meals. The waiter awkwardly scooped them up - no laughing, apology, just a bizarre silence. I was told to bring my own candles when I phoned in advance since clearly the hotel do not account for birthdays, and we waited for 40 minutes after the meal for anyone to bring out a slice of cake for my boyfriend. I didn’t mind paying for this, but it was just such a rubbish and laboured experience anxiously wondering if we’d been forgotten about that it didn’t feel special in the slightest.
We had a drink at the bar afterwards and the staff gossiped amongst themselves round a corner instead of looking out for people needing service.
Some serious customer service training and additional thoughtful touches need to happen to understand how to make sure people have a good experience. Nant Ddu is in a beautiful location and has lovely rooms, but it was far from the relaxing experience I’d hoped for. Your hotel would benefit from people taking on board the reason guests come to visit and trying harder to make sure they have a pleasant stay.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple

I am extremely sorry that you were so disappointed in your visit. Please contact me directly at the hotel so i can address this. Simon Daniel - General Manager

Reviewed 7 October 2018

Just love going to Nant ddu, its only 40 minutes from where we live , but it is like being in a different country, beauriful views of the Brecon Beacons, lovely spa, with a pool and jacuzzi and a treatment, evening meal and breakfast all for £150! just a lovely little get away for us.

Stayed: April 2018
Simon D, General Manager at Nant Ddu Lodge Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2018

Thank you so much for your fantastic 5 star review. I hope you can return soon. Simon Daniel - General Manager

Reviewed 3 October 2018 via mobile

I stay here often and I have to say, the staff are always friendly and helpful.

The food is alway very good although as a frequent visitor, it would be nice to see the menu change occasionally.

Rooms are always clean.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Jgwilliams7
Simon D, General Manager at Nant Ddu Lodge Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2018

Thanks very much for your kind comments and great review. Simon Daniel - General Manager

Reviewed 3 October 2018 via mobile

Had a real nice stay here back last year. Had a beautiful meal and a lovely room.

Well recommended.

The spa facilities were spot on. My wife and I enjoyed use of it all for a relaxing break.

Would look forward to staying again soon.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family

Thank you very much for your 5 star review. Come back soon.

Simon Daniel - General Manager