All reviews nant ddu lodge evening meal lamb brecon beacons superior room steam room birthday treat prawn cocktail an overnight stay continental breakfast pen y fan both nights lovely food lick of paint full body massage enjoyable stay excellent value for money
Reviewed 13 September 2018

worst spa I have ever been to. Never been there before but my daughter and I was not given a tour with explanations we therefore had to keep going back to reception with questions as the corridoors were like a maize. I couldn't open the locker with the first key given then was given a locker that was too high for us. the jaccuze was a dribble, the explanation given back at reception again was when people shower the water pressure falls but did not pick up all the hours we were there,no background music very disappointed. Asked for a cup of tea and a snack in the morning was told no snacks available but could do a scone-£12.50 for that.Saving grace was the relaxing massage and the food although was taken aback at a glass of wine costing £7 00. Went into the middle room for our dinner which was set with a cotton napkin folded into an envelope with cutlery in the middle. This was whipped away and were given a paper napkin wrapped around a knife and fork. Wont be going back.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Simon D, General Manager at Nant Ddu Lodge Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2018

Thank you for your feedback, which I will fully investigate. However I am surprised with you comments as we offer a scone at £12.50
I am sorry that you didn't enjoy your visit. If you wish to discuss this with me please contact me at the hotel. Simon Daniel - General manager

Reviewed 12 September 2018 via mobile

Arrived 1.45pm and got a table in the bar area with a party of 5. You have to order at the bar, which we did immediately as we were starving.
The food took exactly one hour to be served. We had said if it hadn't arrived by 2.50pm we would leave, and it arrived at 2.49pm!
I had chicken wrapped in bacon with a jacket potato which was full of inedible black bits. Hubby had a salad. Daughter #1 had curry with "half 'n half". Daughter #2 had pasta. Nan had fishcakes. The consensus was the food was ok - pretty average pub grub.
We first ate here about 20 years and it was a really classy joint. That class has fatigued badly and it is now very average with terrible service. I wouldn't return despite its beautiful setting.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family

I am sorry for the poor service you had and that your didn't enjoy your meal. Please contact me at the hotel to discuss further. Simon Daniel - General Manager

Reviewed 10 September 2018

What a gem of a place this is, superbly located in the Brecons, lovely rooms, absolutely first class food served by friendly staff. The large pool and Spa are an added bonus. So many attractions within an easy drive, such as Brecon Mountain Railway, Big Pit and National Show Caves Center for Wales. We had a lovely stay and will definitely be back.

Stayed: September 2018
1  Thank Jim s

Thank you for your fantastic 5 star review! Simon Daniel - General Manager

Reviewed 8 September 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for a night before a business meeting, and looked ok.
I stayed in a room facing the a470, which was perfectly ok, except for no phone signal, and only 1 bar of WI-FI, which meant that I could not do any work.
I was a little bit miffed about this, but decided to go for a meal in the bar and watch a bit of TV afterwards.
I cannot fault the food, both dinner and breakfast (both very nice), but my plans were ruined, when I discovered that the TV didn't work. I ended up going to bed early!!!

Hotel is in a nice location, but some of the rooms need a little updating, and appliances need to be checked before letting out.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business

Thank you for your review and feedback. - Simon Daniel - General Manager

Reviewed 6 September 2018 via mobile

We booked an executive suite at the last minute and was delighted with the room. It looked like it had been recently refurbished and was very spacious with a separate lounge area. The bathroom was massive with a seperate shower and bath. The room was at the back of the hotel so very quite at night and you can park in front of your room.

We ate in the restaurant and had a lovely meal, for a Wednesday night the restaurant was very busy however service was still good. The pork lion was good and there is no need to order vegetables ,which you have to pay an additional charge for, as all meals come with new potatoes, chips or saute potatoes which was plentiful and me and my husband enjoy big potions! The mini pavlova dessert was delicious and I thought prices were resonable for food and drink.

Breakfast in the morning includes a cooked to order breakfast (which i prefer and was good) and you can help youself to the usual yogurts, toast, cereals, cheese, pastries etc. There are additional dishes you can order and pay extra, for example smoked salmon, but there is plenty on offer to avoid this.

We used the spa and we're the only 2 people in there late afternoon and there were plenty of places to relax which is something I found lacking in other spas. We never had any treatments due to time however these prices looked very resonable.

As previous reviewers commented, certain places in the hotel need updating which i believe is ongoing however for the price you pay for a room with a spa attached is great value in my opinion.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple