Bolongo Bay Beach Resort
Marriott's Frenchman's Cove(Charlotte Amalie)
US$569
Trip.com
Windward Passage Hotel(Charlotte Amalie)
US$139
  • Pool
US$149
Expedia
  • Pool
Mafolie Hotel(Charlotte Amalie)(Great Value!)
US$202
US$196
Expedia
Emerald Beach Resort(Charlotte Amalie)
US$224
US$161
US$125
Hotels.com
1,230 results
All reviewsheavenly dayslobster grillsunset cruiseall inclusive plangift shopall inclusive packageiggies beach barwater toysfamily ownedsea turtlesday sailbeach frontrum punchlaid backst thomasbug spraysand fleas
Reviewed 19 April 2017

I just returned from Bolongo Bay Beach on Monday, April 17, 2017! I will say the overall atmosphere was great. The staff was amazing, welcoming and accommodating!

This was my first trip with my 11 month old! They staff loved him, especially Ms. Viola!! Try her French Toast recipe for breakfast :). They warmed up my son's food with no hesitation, they joked with him and made him laugh and smile all the time.

I did the all inclusive and I personally recommend it, if you have a family. The food at Iggies is very good ( conch fritters were my favorite) and Lobster Grille very good ( Lobster for dinner was amazing). The Rum Punch is great and so were the other drinks. Very nice choices included.

The beach area was a bit rocky so didn't get to enjoy. The pool area is small but nice and relaxing. No float devices are allowed to be used, I assume because of size of pool.

The rooms are a bit dated, but functional. I do wish with the fridge came with a microwave. Our room had a shower, no tub and the shower was very small. I did wash the baby up in the bathroom sink lol.

Overall I had a wonderful first time with my baby!!

The wifi is spotty at times.

Room Tip: I liked my oceanfront view room.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Bk C
Reviewed 18 April 2017 via mobile

This is our second trip here; love the relaxed, friendly, safe atmosphere. The bay is usually calm and easy to kayak, wind surf or snorkel. (All included). Haven't done all-inclusive but some here did and raved. Has two good restaurants, an easy walk. Even when it rains it's a sweet place to be. We'll be back for sure!

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank swedishtraveler17
Reviewed 16 April 2017

Speaking from personal experience, I daresay you won't find better, warmer, friendlier, more helpful and courteous staff at another resort/hotel on St Thomas or St John. The people here are consistently excellent. (If you've stayed elsewhere in the USVI, you'll know hotel staff helpfulness can be hit-or-miss.) Noah Dove in reception, who's getting his degree in hotel management, totally aces it on-the-job (and I'm guessing, in his classes as well). There can be no better welcome than his, anywhere on the islands. Emerson at the front desk, as I checked out, added with his wonderful smile to the feeling of not wanting to leave. Sam the Bellman got us in a happy laid-back mood, wishing us a "Beautiful day!"--and we had it! Robert, the groundskeeper, provided great information about the weather, and the best place to swim in the Bay. The folks and food at Iggie's are excellent . (I reviewed this separately.) Manager Keith, and owner Richard, are friendly and helpful, care about the guests' enjoyment, are eager for feedback and easy to speak with--as well as being great fun!

Is this the most modern resort on St Thomas? No...nor does it claim to be. The room we had was on the second-floor "budget" level: decent-sized, clean, with soft towels, comfortable beds, a small dining table, typical Caribbean tiled floors, balcony ,and kitchenette area. As other Tripadvisor reviewers note, the room is definitely not brand-new or cookie-cutter in appearance. If important to you to stay at a place with a recently updated room --go elsewhere or you'll likely be disappointed, because this resort is not about a beautiful bedroom. The charm at Bolongo is --as its web page says--that it's relatively small, personal, a place to chill out and have fun and feel like part of the family. In what other resort do you see the actual owner walking around, mingling with the guests? (He's the friendly guy with the morning take-out coffee!) This family has owned and operated Bolongo Bay for decades.

Sam (bellman) told us people return to BB year after year, sometimes after trying out the Marriott. "Guests tell us 'There's just something about this place...we can't stay away.' " There are many activities included in the room price--most area resorts charge extra for these. The other guests we saw included friends, multi-generation families, couples. All appeared to be very much enjoying themselves, and the happiness is contagious. We were there during peak season (Spring break) and while there were many guests, there's enough room to find a quiet spot on the beach.

Another plus: there's a desktop computer available in the lobby , e.g. if you need to print an airline boarding pass, etc. Unlike the Westin St John or Marriott Frenchman's Reef, there's no charge for using the computer.

About that rum punch, served on arrival--it was delicious, sweet, and strong!

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank calinurse
Reviewed 16 April 2017 via mobile

My husband and I are very happy with our stay at Bolongo Bay Resort. Extremely friendly customer service from the moment you arrive. They offered us a cocktail while we were checking in at the front desk & upgraded our room to an ocean view. Very clean rooms and housekeeping did a great job everyday. The food is excellent at both the restaurant and bar on the beach. Service was outstanding. My husband and I are very happy! Thank you Bolongo Bay! :)

Anthony & Jamie Senese

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 April 2017 via mobile

The home has not been renovated since the early 90th. Killed a roach and hided the body under the bed or my wife would be freaked out. Waited half an hour to check-in. The worst hotel ever stayed since 2014.

One star for the service at beach dive shop and the kind door boy.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple