All reviewssapphire beachst johnthrough vrbostayed in buildingtwo storygrocery storecharlotte amalieday tripother islandslaid backrented a carfull kitchennight lifemanagement companybar and grillnegative reviewsmagen's bay
Reviewed 27 July 2016 via mobile

Resort? Really? You call that a resort? I must tell you that I expected a lot more. The "resort" is near Red Hook that has some good restaurants. And it is Oceanfront, although the beach is unimpressive. There is a nice pool, but it's beside a rundown pool restaurant and closed up bar. There is construction going on, and it is sorely needed!
The parking lot is full of potholes and largely unpaved.
Our unit has been remodeled, so the interior is nice. But that is where it ends.
I won't be staying here again. I'm not a Ritz kind of guy, but, this seems a step above camping out. I bet it was a fine place back I the 80's

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 July 2016

If you're looking for an ideal location on one of the most beautiful beaches in St. Thomas then look no more -- B103 at Sapphire Beach resort is the rental to pick! The unit has all that one would need for a vacation visit including wifi (for the kids, of course!). There is a covered deck and also a sun deck. My favorite thing to do in the morning there is to drink a cup of coffee while sitting on the chaise lounge on the beach. The rental includes beach towels and use of the chaise lounges. We have stayed in this same unit numerous times but this is my first time to review it. Updates have been made including new sleeper sofa and sleeper chair making sleeping arrangement easier for the kids.

Room Tip: If you don't choose B103 do choose a ground floor unit -- it's so easy to go back and from between the condo and the beach
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 July 2016 via mobile

Beautiful! We loved the condo and the beach here! Very relaxing and so nice to be able to walk out on the patio or to the beach first thing in the morning. The condo A304 was everything advertised and more. We will be back! The beach here is truly beautiful and the snorkeling was great. We enjoyed taking the safari buses to red hook. Do not miss going to trunk bay on St. John.

Stayed: July 2016
Reviewed 9 July 2016

My boyfriend and I stayed at Sapphire Beach Resort located in Smith Bay on 6/28/16-7/2/16 and when we arrived (after taking a $15 cab ride per person from the airport) we went to the main office, which wasn't clearly marked, in A building, and was upgraded to a beachfront room. The room was clean, spacious, and the sliding doors opened up right to this beautiful beach with few people. The first night we were there we did not have any wifi in our room and had to finish some work at the bar up the hill, which wasn't bad. The phone in the room also didn't work but that didn't bother us much either. The thing that did become a challenge was that we had no service on the island as we both had verizon wireless, which doesn't work on St. Thomas apparently so I had no way to connect with my family until we got wifi the second day later in the evening. There was a small grill station at the resort that served delicious drinks and food-- when you sit there waiting for your food you see chickens roaming around freely, which was cool. Up the hill where you find the bar (with wifi) they have a pool and serve food-- has a fun atmosphere. Next town over you'll find yourself in Red Hook where you could get a good bite to eat, grocery store, and fun shoppes. Also located in Red Hook is the ferry station that will take you to St. John for $14/pp roundtrip. (Did I mention you could see St. John from the beach where Sapphire resort is located?) Anyway, after a couple days you start to notice just how much you're spending on food/drinks, we ended up grabbing some groceries, so I wish I had thought of doing an all inclusive resort but still the experience was incredible. The beach had some unique colorful fish; snorkeling is a must at this beach! There's a watersports stand on the beach that offers a lot of options such as parasailing ($85/pp), windsurfing, kayaking, snorkeling and much more! Also I should mention there's a Dollar Taxi that goes around the island on a specific route at all hours during the day-- you need to walk maybe a tenth of a mile to get to the bus station and wait patiently in the heat (the locals tell you to never walk to your destination as the roads are small and the driving a bit chaotic). The cab was worth it for small things like getting to Red Hook but I wish we made time to take it around the island further! Long story short, I'd go back to St. Thomas (possibly even this resort again) if I had enough money because it does add up.

Room Tip: first floor beachfront room was perfect for beach access!
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Claribell G
Reviewed 30 June 2016

We rented a privately owned unit, e205. The location was fantastic! Drinks delivered right to the sand, snorkeling was excellent, lots of options for shade. The resort is in the process of renovations so there were trucks and construction and things but nothing that ruined our experience. I cannot say enough good things about this place. I saw lots of reviews about tennis courts in disrepair...who cares, why play tennis with the beautiful beach/water right there.

Room Tip: Looks like buildings E and C have the best views
Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple