All reviews shuttle service sugar beach coki beach free shuttle amazing views rum punch akers ellis nature trail shoreline restaurant middle pool st thomas lower pool wrap around balcony golf cart private beach bar grill our honeymoon
Reviewed 14 July 2018 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed at point pleasant for 8 nights in room B20. The room was decorated beautifully and the balcony furniture was so comfortable! We spent most mornings sipping coffee on the balcony enjoying the view. The resorts own “sugar beach” was a short walk away and we had the beach to ourselves almost every day. The lower and middle pools were both very clean and once again we had the pools to ourselves most of the time. The resort is still under construction from the hurricanes but it didn’t bother us much. We did eat at the restaurant on site twice and the food was very good. It was also easy to catch a cab with “studie” (I recommend taking an island tour with him if you’re interested, 35$ per person and totally worth it) he was waiting at the resort lobby most of the time and if not he was there within 10 minutes to pick us up. There is no lobby store as advertised and beware there is ALOT OF HILLS AND STAIRS. We didn’t mind and definitely got our workout while we were there! Overall, it was an awesome experience and we would definitely stay here again! Thanks to the staff at point pleasant!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Andrea D

Dear Andrea D,

Sunny greetings from Point Pleasant Resort here on beautifuly St. Thomas. Thank you so much for making Point Pleasant Resort your lodging choice here in St. Thomas. We truly appreciate your compliments on the natural charm of our beautiful Island, great views, sugar beach (sweetest beach on St. Thomas), pools as well as our excellent service. Certainly some of the many reasons our guests return to Point Pleasant Resort. I get my work out everyday with the hills and stairs which is another bonus that sets us apart from everyone else. Our visiting family will need to be aware that they won't need to use the gym.

We look forward to welcoming you and your boyfriend back soon for another serene visit, which you can book directly on our website. New website will be coming soon, so please look out for it. Thank you once again, for your review and for recommending our Resort to other travelers, which we look forward to welcoming as well.

Warm Island Regards,

Reviewed 9 July 2018

Let's start from the beginning.
I stayed here many years ago and absolutely loved it and didn't consider staying anywhere else. So, in January 2018 I starting looking for rooms but it appeared that everything was booked for the time we wanted stay. I thought this was weird because it is their low time of the year. I then went to VRBO because I knew that the villas were all independently owned. Eureka, I found a room and promptly booked it.
Come to find out, the "resort" wasn't technically open yet after the Sept 2017 hurricanes which is why all the rooms looked like they were booked when I looked in January. But, individual owners had some units ready to rent.
Upon our arrival, we checked in with the lobby and asked for help to get to our room with our 2 - 40lb suite cases. My husband and I were told that since we didn't "book through the resort" they could not help us and pointed us in the direction our room. We could not believe that they wouldn't even give us a lift in a golf cart.
The following day we walked up to the lobby and asked them to call us a taxi to go to Red Hook. They handed us a slip of paper with taxi phone numbers. They would not call a taxi because, again, we "didn't book through the resort" - Unbelievable! It would have only taken a minute but I guess he was more invested in playing on his phone.
To spare some words, this happened to us over and over again so we called our unit owner who explained the division between the resort and individual owners. He tried to help us and gave a name of a lady to talk to for some help. We followed his advice but was no help either.
On the day we left, I dreaded lugging our suitcases up the hill and told a worker I would give him $10 to take us 50 yards to the lobby. He said that he would go up to the lobby and tell them. It wasn't but 3-4 minutes later, down came the nice air conditioned van and the very same guy who would not help us in the first place. I guess everything has it's price if you don't "book through the resort'.

What is most upsetting is that your average person don't know about the politics going on between the resort and the individual owners - We just suffer from it.

Finally, this is truly a beautiful place and I will stay here again. But next time I will rent a car and still NOT book through the resort because of the way we were treated.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
5  Thank claudia d

Dear Claudia d,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your stay here at Point Pleasant Resort. Your feedback is our tool for what needs to be done differently and/or what we are doing that is extraordinary for all our guest experiences. This review came to my attention on the first day I started working with Point Pleasant Resort, and I must say....that is not what we represent. Please accept my apologies for the inconveniences of breakdown in communication and transportation while you were here. Rest assure that things won't be the same if you choose to return.

Our hotel is independent and unique. Just as each person has his or her own signature, our hotel has its own signature too – it will be found within the service we provide and the experiences we create for our guests. We will be able to show guests that our hotel is special and distinct by placing our hotel’s signature on every guest experience. Together, the associates and myself will be the difference we would like to see on the Property. All guest, whether private or not, will be assisted with same courtesy.

With my leadership and the support from the rest of the Team, we are in the process of rebranding and offering so much more for guest in hopes of gaining and retaining more family here at Point Pleasant. Our website, the look and feel, the service... will be top notch and we hope that we can invite you to come spend some time with us in the near future.....without politics. Everyone will be treated as family Claudia, so we look forward to seeing you soon. Please feel free to reach out to me at anytime.
Once again, thank you for sharing.

Warmest Island Regards,

Reviewed 19 June 2018

Point Pleasant is situated between Sandy Bay and Coki Beach. During our visit the seaweed was on the shore for the season (happens in the summer) but it did not ruin our plans to experience the beautiful beaches of the island. We went to Magen's Bay (so beautiful) and snorkeled Secret Harbour (really good but St John has better snorkeling). Red Hook is a 5-minute $5 per person taxi ride to restaurants, Moe's Grocery Store where you can get provisions during your stay. The resort itself got pretty damaged by the hurricane but in the week we were there they already repaired so many units.The unit we stayed in had no damage and had an amazing view. There were two iguanas on property who sometimes like to dip in the pool. Overall we really liked Point Pleasant and would happily return.

Stayed: June 2018
6  Thank mwellsVenice_CA

Dear mwellsVenice_CA,

We are so happy that you enjoyed your time here at Point Pleasant Resort. Your feedback means a lot to us and to our readers, so thank you for sharing. I recently moved back to St. Thomas 2 weeks ago, and I must say...we have some of the best beaches here in the Virgin Islands. You visited a few of my favorites beaches and to your point, St. John has better snorkeling. The convenience of being 5 minutes away from grocery stores, ferry dock, restaurants is such an additional bonus to our location. Thank you and as we continue to rebuild our gem, we hope to see you again soon. Once again, thanks for your candid feedback.

Warmest Island Regards,

Reviewed 19 June 2018

Treated us like royalty, also walking distance to local restaurants and clubs. Had no problem getting shuttles from the main office, as well as great suggestions of the local sites. We stayed here before going to Tortola to sail, gave us a free shuttle to the ferry!

Stayed: November 2017
1  Thank Marc B

Dear Marc B,

Thank you for your 5 star review on Tripadvisor and for sharing your experience with readers regarding your stay here at Point Pleasant Resort. Our goal is to consistently deliver extraordinary service that exceeds all expectations and to have an identity that we are exactly like nothing else. We hope to see you back here at Point Pleasant Resort when your travels bring you back to St. Thomas. See you soon and thanks for the feedback.

Warmest Regards,

Reviewed 3 June 2018

We didn’t rent from the resort. But this is not like any resort I’ve ever been to. (We rented from an owner). There’s no ice to be bought, no little store around. It’s a lot of walking to get to some places. I didn’t mind the walk. I’m sure this place is pretty. But something out of their control is the seaweed washed up on shore and covering the water right now. It smells so disgusting and it’s truly ruined any time we have outside. Again, no fault of theirs. The people working the desk are super nice. They’re also very helpful with information. I know they’re rebuilding from the Hurricane and I understand that. They have one place to eat here and it’s super expensive. We walked past all the smelly seaweed to Coki Beach.

Stayed: June 2018
7  Thank Christy G
Jeff A, General Manager at Point Pleasant Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2018

Christy, We don’t interpret your review as being mean in the least. We have been actively warning guests who rent directly through the resort that Point Pleasant is not operating at pre-hurricanes condition. Most of our current guests are involved to some degree with the island wide rebuilding process. We are working hard every day to get back to normal! In addition to some physical destruction, the environmental impact has created some changes and challenges. As neighboring resorts are currently undergoing the same challenges they have not been staffed to adequately control the sargassum washing up on their shores. They good news is that it acts as a shield for baby turtles and other sea life, which is a much-needed protection after all the loss following the storms. Also, some of the neighboring resorts are reopening this month. We hope that you'll return to visit us in the future when you can enjoy the total resort experience. If you rent directly through the resort there is complimentary ice in the lobby and our staff delivers ice to resort guests. Additionally, the friendly staff you encountered provides many other services exclusively to guests renting directly through the resort. (Their income is derived only from resort guests.)