“Nicest staff & beach in St. Thomas”

Island Beachcomber Hotel
Reviewed 9 December 2017

The food & ambiance at the tiki bar outdoor restaurant on the beach is a must-do for anyone visiting St. Thomas. This was of the first hotels on St. Thomas and so they got the best location & nicest beach! Although the hotel is not at all fancy, all of the rooms have great views and staying with them is like staying with family. Also, you are not paying for a Ritz, you should not be expecting a five star resort. We stayed there a few years ago, so I am not sure how the hotel and the island survived the recent hurricanes.

Room Tip: get a room close to the beach...all have views from the terrace
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Christine H

Reviewed 26 November 2017 via mobile

This hotel has had no investment for a very long time. I walked into my room which smelled of mold and is evident on the curtains. Much around the property is in disrepair. The bathroom and shower is in a very poor state.

This was booked on my behalf- not somewhere I would choose!

Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Dylan B
Reviewed 28 September 2017 via mobile

I got in 1 night earlier than my friend & needed a place close to the airport & clean. This was the place!

I could’ve walked but it was too hot & humid.

It’s right on the beach which was wonderful. I dropped my stuff off in the room and walked into the water!!

There was a bar & restaurant - I really enjoyed the drinks.

The front desk gal was so friendly - I needed to get into town and she made the perfect suggestion of taking the local taxi. I met a new friend.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 August 2017

I normally give any hotel a chance to solve any problem, but after 9 months waiting this is no longer acceptable, We booked through the Hotel directly and they charged our card. We had to cancel and they adviced they will not refund anything. After speaking to them again on the phone they agreed that they have never adviced us that we have a non refundable rate and they have forwarded this to management for refund. This is now 9 month ago and since then they have not refunded anything nor have replied to any of our calls or emails.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Reallyitsme
Reviewed 24 August 2017

The rooms were clean, and the atmosphere was fun, but for $170, even a tourist location, I was expecting a nicer place. When booking here, expect less and you will not be disappointed. All that said, I have to admit that having a room that opens onto the beach in St. Thomas was fun!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
12.2 km away
Sapphire Beach Resort
Sapphire Beach Resort
#4 of 5 in East End

Been to Island Beachcomber Hotel? Share your experiences!