Island Beachcomber Hotel
Emerald Beach Resort(Charlotte Amalie)
US$224
Expedia
Mafolie Hotel(Charlotte Amalie)(Great Value!)
US$196
Expedia
Marriott's Frenchman's Cove(Charlotte Amalie)
US$569
Hotels.com
Villa Santana(Charlotte Amalie)
Olga's Fancy(Charlotte Amalie)
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Bluebeard's Castle Resort(Charlotte Amalie)
  • Pool
Bunker Hill Hotel(Charlotte Amalie)
TripAdvisor
The Crystal Palace(Charlotte Amalie)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsbeach barbeach comberbeautiful beachbeachfront roomlate at nightlindbergh baytaxi driverst thomasislandstepsmaintenancesidewalkhurricanecruisesnorkelingproximitybeaches
Reviewed 27 August 2017

I normally give any hotel a chance to solve any problem, but after 9 months waiting this is no longer acceptable, We booked through the Hotel directly and they charged our card. We had to cancel and they adviced they will not refund anything. After speaking to them again on the phone they agreed that they have never adviced us that we have a non refundable rate and they have forwarded this to management for refund. This is now 9 month ago and since then they have not refunded anything nor have replied to any of our calls or emails.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Reallyitsme
Reviewed 24 August 2017

The rooms were clean, and the atmosphere was fun, but for $170, even a tourist location, I was expecting a nicer place. When booking here, expect less and you will not be disappointed. All that said, I have to admit that having a room that opens onto the beach in St. Thomas was fun!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 August 2017 via mobile

Loved, loved this place. It's like I stepped back in time to this sweet gem!! Beach was beautiful!! Locals go there some. Bar and restaurant were fantastic!!!! Room was sparse but super clean and the air worked. Heck yeah! Advice: walk from airport, it is 0.4 miles, down hill on a side walk. We paid $20 for a cab. :(

Stayed: July 2017
Reviewed 2 August 2017

We were at Lindbergh Beach up near the Emerald Beach Resort. I had read that this beach bar was good and we walked down to it to have some drinks and bar food. The lady working the bar was doing her best to keep up with the demand but she needed some help. We ordered canned soft drinks and a bottled root beer. You would expect those to come cold (at least the root beer) but there were not. You did get a cup of ice but not even having the root beer cold, seriously? We ordered chicken fingers -- a skimpy order and not very good. We ordered some bbq wings -- there were a tad better than the fingers but were battered wings with sauce on them.....not the best way to receive wings. Total for 5 soft drinks and these 2 apps was $50 including tax and tip. DO NOT recommend this place. I would try the Emerald Beach Hotel bar next time.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank abcjjl
Reviewed 13 July 2017

This was our second stay at the Island Beachcomber. I will stay again when I am in St Thomas (although I might try the Emerald Beach Resort first!). If I had the money and the energy, I would try to buy this place and turn it around!

THE GOOD
The Island Beachcomber is on Emerald Beach, one of the most beautiful beaches in the Caribbean! The staff are courteous and helpful. The bar is a friendly place; Margot (the night bartender) and the day bartender (did not get her name) could not have been more friendly. The garden at the center of the hotel is beautiful. ...and as everyone notes, a visitor can walk to the airport (the cab fare is $4). We ate dinner and breakfast at the resort and both meals were very good - and the services was very good!

THE BAD
The restaurant was out of a lot of things - bacon, sausage, shrimp....it was the offseason but what does it take to keep a couple of bags of frozen shrimp in the freezer! The restaurant/bar staff kept it light but I felt bad for them.

THE UGLY
This place has not seen any TLC in a long time. A couple of gallons of paint would be a good start. Making basic repairs would be even better! Charm and location can only go so far! There has to be a story but the hotel is close to the tipping point - if the owners continue to let the physical plant erode, guests will flee!

As I wrote, I will go back when I am looking for a place to spend one night before a flight back home....but this place could be so much more!

My message to you, Dear Reader, is to understand the pros and cons so that you do not stay at the Island Beachcomber with unrealistic expectations! The location is excellent; the service is excellent but the physical plant and grounds need work.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
4  Thank Tom1021
Theresa A, Food and Beverage at Island Beachcomber Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2017

Tom 1021, we are at the mercy of the barges that bring in our food from Sunday through Wednesday night. We were, indeed, out of the bacon, sausage and . . oh, so many other things; because, the barges that bring in our food stuff were redirected to other islands because of bad weather on the seas. We can and do run out of those essentials that our customers like/want but not for lack of planning ahead, I can assure you. The Island Beachcomber, on Lindbergh Bay IS the most beautiful bay on St Thomas!! Unfortunately, all beachfront property is leased from the Port Authority and this entity has seen fit to deny a lease to the people that built the Island Beachcomber. There $5million in trust means nothing to these people. The Island Beachcomber COULD be, once again, a charming hotel that rivals the best of the best on the Island. We can only hope for the best. Thank you for caring.