All reviews charming hotel st thomas beautiful view small hotel water pressure sitting area stayed here for one night nice pool virgin islands king bed adam hill taxi caribbean bay charter usvi
Reviewed 8 August 2018

I stayed here for a wedding in St Thomas with my girlfriend. The view from the restaurant is beautiful and we felt like the room provided everything we needed. There is also a nice pool with a bar in the back as well. Its not a luxury hotel but it is not intended to be either. Poistioned nicely on top of the hill which makes it easier to get to beaches on the other side of the island.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 June 2018

First, understand that everybody in the Virgin Islands is still recovering from the Irma/Maria hurricanes in September 2017, so it's certainly fair to cut them some slack. That said, the Mafolie looks like it hasn't had any real work done (other than minor patch-ups) for a long time before the hurricanes.

Woeful water pressure (showers are a challenge to even get wet), broken floor tiles and flaking walls that look like Ernest Hemingway might have stayed here 50 years ago in the same condition.

Staff are mostly friendly and are doubtless trying hard to please - but service is very slow at best. We arrived about 1.5 hours before check-in due to ferry connections and in the middle of a torrential downpour. The receptionist offered to keep our bags while we waited - but didn't seem bothered by the fact that there's nowhere to stay out of the rain. I'm not sure where she thought we should go - there's nothing vaguely close that would offer any shelter, and eventually one of the custodians took pity on us and let us into the restaurant (which was closed, but at least it kept the rain off - barely). I've never been so happy to see a FEMA tarp.

I guess "quaint" would be a good description, but I hope they take advantage of the scheduled downtime in July "for repairs" to do some serious updating of even the basics.

I suspect the stunning views contribute a lot to the high review scores - but it would be interesting to see how it would fare in a different location.

I genuinely wish them well in their recovery efforts (which can't be easy), but as it stands today this hotel is sub-par in many respects when you consider the cost. Some serious remodeling is long overdue.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
5  Thank Phudpucker
Reviewed 18 June 2018

I stayed here one night with business in the area. The door had a slide card lock that was not working. They gave me a key that opened a dead-bolt. The door literally had a inch gap in it. Letting in the light and out the cool. The room has a hangar bar(no closet) with a curtain, no phone, a pedastal sink( no room), The TV did not work, I had no soap or shampoo( borrowed some from a guest), The restaurant was great with an outstanding view and good food.

Room Tip: Eat here - Don't stay here.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank blessedman
Reviewed 17 June 2018 via mobile

As soon as we got to the hotel the staff was really nice and the told us about the damages that the hotel had from the storm, and that they were working on that, they told us that the tv cable wasn't working in all room, ours did work. everything was good, clean, and room service every day, that breakfast was really good, they had a menu and we were able choose from a few different plates. We had a problem with the AC, in our 3 night, it stopped working, and the next morning they moved us to a different room, close to the pool. Obiesly was a room upgrade. Which it was great.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 April 2018 via mobile

Despite the damage from the past two category 5 Hurricanes that hit St. Thomas, this hotel and Bar/restaurant is a gem! The food, drinks and atmosphere is romantic and sincere! The views are beautiful and the customer service is stellar. Everyone at Thai establishment is very nice and friendly. I just wish the person our trip would have booked a bigger room but my husband and I made I work! Other than that it is beautiful and a recommendation for anyone looking for a good view and food!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends