Windward Passage Hotel
Hotels.com
Olga's Fancy(Charlotte Amalie)
TripAdvisor
Marriott's Frenchman's Cove(Charlotte Amalie)
Mafolie Hotel(Charlotte Amalie)
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Bluebeard's Castle Resort(Charlotte Amalie)
  • Pool
Emerald Beach Resort(Charlotte Amalie)
TripAdvisor
Bunker Hill Hotel(Charlotte Amalie)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsfrench townmagens bayfree shuttleseaplanecarnival
Reviewed 4 August 2017 via mobile

My friend and I visited the island a few weeks ago and the location is PERFECT. Everything we needed was within walking distance and the things that weren't within walking distance was easily accessible via safaree ($1 taxi ride). The hotel looked wonderful online but once we got there, very disappointed. The rooms were equivalent to a motel. We didn't mind though.....we knew we weren't going to spend much time in the room. I think it's overpriced but that could be because you're paying for the location.

Other than that my trip was amazing! St. Thomas is GORGEOUS.

Sidenote: the younger woman at the front desk was not very nice.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Savita P
948pamk, Guest Relations Manager at Windward Passage Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2017

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review. Your comments have been shared with our staff!

Reviewed 2 August 2017

Nice big hotels near all the shops, restaurants etc. Also a fantastic view from the oceanview rooms. Staff could be more friendly and better service from the restaurant, but still I can recommend it to others

Room Tip: Remeber to book at ocean view room. you will love it compared to the other rooms
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family

Thank you for your feedback, your comments have been shared with our staff!

Reviewed 24 July 2017

I liked the hotel but I was there for business and was fortunate to get a great room and I had no issue. This is not a "nice" place you want to stay for vacation. It's not even in a nice area. It's downtown. The hotel is run down and needs TLC.

Room Tip: ask for a corner room with no carpet.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review. I have to disagree with you the location is perfect for anyone taking the ferry, going shopping or would like to be able to walk to places. The hotel is located downtown, with in walking distance to French Town , Famous shopping and walking tours.

The hotel has been around for more than 70 years, it has a lot of its original look, the rooms have been renovated with new beds, curtains and the bathrooms.

Thank you again for your feedback!

Reviewed 21 July 2017 via mobile

I'm traveling to the island with family which includes small children. I booked a room here but now I'm thinking we should not stay here. (After reading more reviews)
I need the children to be comfortable! Granted we're only staying for 24 hours. ANY Suggestions!? PLS Help!!!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family

I'm sorry if you stayed with us already but would recommend this hotel most definitely!

Reviewed 17 July 2017

We prepaid in April for a king bed in July, when we arrived at 4:00 (check in time) we waited 30 minutes before they "found" us a 2 double bed room. The hotel is tired looking and it needs renovation. It's apparent that it used to be a beautiful hotel but time has taken a toll. Our room was cooler than the outside but certainly not cool.

We ate alone in the restaurant (for almost 30 minutes) before a few other people came and stayed. We did see other groups of people come in looking for a table but after standing around for 10 minutes or so with no one helping them, they left. Interestingly enough the food was very good. Just expect a long wait!

Room Tip: Our room in the back was quiet
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kaye S

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review. Your comments have been
shared with the Management Staff!