Marriott's Frenchman's Cove(Charlotte Amalie)
Free cancellation until 22/07
US$569
Hotels.com
Hotels.com
Olga's Fancy(Charlotte Amalie)
Mafolie Hotel(Charlotte Amalie)
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Bluebeard's Castle Resort(Charlotte Amalie)
  • Pool
Emerald Beach Resort(Charlotte Amalie)
TripAdvisor
Bunker Hill Hotel(Charlotte Amalie)
4,429 results
All reviewsmorning starfrenchman's reefaqua terracoco joesthe main hotelharbor wingsunset grillrum barswim up baradventure centermain poolsea cliffinfinity poolnight kayakinggarden viewst thomastennis courts
Reviewed 11 November 2017

We stayed at the Frenchman's Reef & Morning Star Marriott Beach Resort for one week before taking a cruise from San Juan, PR.

Our room was down by the beach and not in the main hotel. The hotel provides a shuttle to make this journey easier, especially upon first arrival. The room was quite large and comfortable although not luxurious or modern. The balcony was most welcome. A better choice would have been a room overlooking the ocean.

There are some open air restaurants at the beach, where we had a couple of dinners, but we preferred the restaurant in the main building for both breakfast and dinner. From here the view of the bay was wonderful both morning and evening.

There are tennis courts and a swimming pool by the beach, plus some other pools at the main building. There is a small supermarket / shop in the main building. You can also make island tour arrangements in the main lobby.

The town of Charlotte Amalie is a taxi ride away and there is quite a lot to see and many nice restaurants. If you like jewelry shopping you will spend some time here. There is a water taxi from the hotel to Charlotte Amalie, but be prepared for a lot of steps to get to the water taxi.

There are a lot of stairs in this resort! Be prepared to get some exercise, unless you use the shuttle bus. We enjoyed the walk to the main building where we saw a waterfall and many iguanas!

There is a beautiful garden location for small weddings or private activities at the main building. The photos from here must be stunning.

The staff was friendly and we enjoyed our stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: If staying by the beach get a room with a sea view.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 October 2017

We stayed at this resort in December 2016. We were traveling with smaller kids and needed a resort with several pools, an easy access to the beach and a beach restaurant. We were overall really happy, my kids loved it. We liked the food selection at the restaurants for adults and kids (my kids loved the open air beach restaurant with simple bar-type food). All staff members were super friendly and helpful. The pool areas and the pools were clean. The infinity pool and the views from it were just amazing (plus it has a swim up bar). The rum drinks were large and strong. At first the hotel was fairly slow but as we were getting closer to the holidays, it was getting packed. We really enjoyed it during the slower portion of the stay as we were seeing the same guests over and over and it felt really intimate. The views from our rooms were amazing. We were able to watch cruise ships in the mornings when they pulled into the harbor and watched them leave from the pool in the evening. The location is great, close to the main town. One doesn't really need a car because the hotel has a water taxi that goes downtown to where all the shops and restaurants are located. We went shopping on a day with no cruise ships and most stores and restaurants were closed. The town is much more lively with the cruise ship visitors, even though they make it crowded.

The hotel also has a catamaran and daily sailing excursions. We had a car and took daily trips to explore all near-by beaches. So much to explore on this small island. We would go to Red Hook to eat (there is good Thai restaurant and a lively Mexican restaurant). The beach at the hotel is beautiful but it is pretty rough for small kids, big waves rolled in all day. We did rent kayaks (free for an hour). Once we got passed the break, water was really calm.There were beach toys on the beach for kids to borrow and also plenty of beach chairs and umbrellas. People would save chairs with umbrellas when the hotel was getting more crowded. There are rooms on the beach - Morning Star. We didn't stay on the beach. Stayed in the newer part of the hotel - Frenchman's Reef. We did a lot of walking up and down the stairs as the Frenchman's Reef with 2 pools, spa and restaurants is located on the top of a hill overlooking the ocean. There is another pool and a restaurant on the beach.

All rooms are nice, really the same size and look the same. Furniture was new, rooms looked renovated. There was also a small store near the lobby that sold alcohol, wine and breakfast items, sandwiches and coffee among other things. Some mornings we didn't care for the breakfast buffet experience and we grab a coffee and breakfast pastries here. Grounds were very tropical.

Our only issue throughout the stay was the noise level. One night we stayed in a room above the lobby terrace and I listened to a pretty drunk and loud crowd till 2am. Since we have small kids, we cannot really join the festivities. Then we were moved to the top floor and unfortunately our neighbors decided to party in their room till 3am. I didn't call the reception because I didn't think that they would kick out guests from the presidential suite, but the next day when I mentioned it, the reception manager said that they would definitely send someone up there after 10pm no matter who the guests were. Good to know. I did get ear plugs after that night and they helped.

Room Tip: Higher floor. less noise.
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank yourtraveldiva
Reviewed 16 October 2017

Just wanted to thank Ann in reservations for all of her help in making sure we had a great stay. I had booked a room in the main building and somehow my reservation was changed to another building. I was calling the hotel and trying to have the error fixed but could not get anyone to help me. I called three times and was told that they would try and straighten it out when I checked into the hotel. I was getting myself upset about this because I did not want to leave for vacation not sure of the hotel situation. Finally on my fourth call I got Ann from reservations, she told me not to worry and that she would handle everything and make sure that the error was rectified and that we would be in the room that was originally booked. I was able to leave for vacation with a clear head and when we arrived at the hotel we were told that Ann handled everything for us. Thank you Ann, you really are an asset to the company.

Stayed: July 2017
1  Thank 516doreen
Reviewed 29 September 2017 via mobile

Excellent place to stay while on vacation @ St Thomas! We enjoyed the nice clean rooms, friendly staff and excellent facility. We will use this again should we choose USVI. This area had a lot of ares to choose, such as shopping, sight seeing, beaches, restaurants, etc.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 September 2017 via mobile

On our way to the BVI, the family and I decided to splurge a few days in St Thomas and chose this place. This is definitely not the most affordable place on the island but it's worth every penny. Breakfast Buffett was pricey but the happy hours at the pool were actually a good deal. The pools were amazing! I could pry my 5 year old from the pool, but I really did not want to leave either. Make sure to check out the iguanas hanging out out on the property.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
MrChrisDonohue, General Manager at Frenchman's Reef & Morning Star Marriott Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2017

Dear David P,

It is great to know we hosted you for a few days, and that you felt your "splurge" was well worth it, and that all of you enjoyed your stay with us.

We are glad you enjoyed hours of fun and relaxation in our infinity pools, and enjoyed meeting our iguana friends,too!

Thank you for your comments and review, and we hope you'll return again!