All reviews beach towels st john washer and dryer sea grape trees murphy bed these units cable tv comfortable furniture tennis courts own meals snorkel gear ferry terminal norma vrbo condo hook paradise
Reviewed 1 April 2018

My family and I are on the tail end of a two week vacation and are having such a wonderful time we had to write a review. We stayed in unit B-11 in Sapphire Bay Condos West which is a tropical home away from home. As a family of 4 with two young children, finding a place to accommodate us is always a challenge, the unit has more than delivered. With immediate access to the beach and pool which are steps away from the unit made it more than manageable for all our daily activities (which if you have children you know is always an adventure :-). We were concerned that with the recent hurricane supplies and destinations would be limited, but were pleasantly surprised how many options we had. Nearby markets were reasonably stocked and the unit features a full kitchen enabling us to make plenty of meals. We also visited a few restaurants like Margaritaville which made for a nice night out. We also took two day trips to Water Island which is a quick 10 minute ferry ride from Crown Bay Marina. We stayed at Dinghy's Bar & Grill which is right on the kid friendly beach with games and music and good food. Those without children should also visit Dinghy's as the drinks and music make for a great time. We highly recommend visiting STT soon and staying in unit B-11.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank Jeremy M
Reviewed 29 March 2018

Although our condo could have used some updating, everything worked, it was clean, comfortable, and most important, steps from the beach. The staff was friendly, and helpful. The location is perfect, beach steps away, ferry to St. John just a short drive away. Red Hook a short drive one way Tutu the other. Do not hesitate to visit, the island is beautiful recovering daily although we found there was nothing we could not find now.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank CindyO0414
Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

We have just returned from spending 16 days at Crystal Cove, D5.
After two category 5 hurricanes we were unsure of what to expect.
After the hurricanes the owner,Nancy updated us and continued to update us on the unit and surrounding area.
Nancy was honest and great to work with. Do to a plane delay we arrived 4.5 hours late. However, Norma who oversees the unit was in touch with us to ensure we arrived safely and all of our needs were met. Our unit was clean, ready and as charming as ever.
I would definitely recommend this place as a wonderful, relaxing place to visit. The beaches are gorgeous, the condo is fabulous and the people are wonderful.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank enjoyingeverymoment
Reviewed 2 September 2017 via mobile

My family and I spent a summer on St.Thomas. We stayed in C28 VRBO #74814. This was a one bedroom that has 2 Murphy Beds and a pull out bed in the couch. You can sleep 6 comfortable. The owner was a pleasure to work with. It was very clean and updated with modern amenities. I would highly recommend coming here. You can walk right out of the condo to beautiful scenery with tons of wildlife. The best part is that the beach is less then 100 yards away with a gorgeous view! Can't wait to come back.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank tsheridan1980
Reviewed 18 July 2017

There is something seriously off about this entire place. You will know this as you drive in the entrance and see the tennis courts overgrown with grass/weeds and in complete disrepair. The grounds are also overgrown and look as though they have not recovered from a recent hurricane. The 'office' to the 'resort' is in a tiny room in one of the buildings that has no sign leading to it- nice staff, however!
We were booked for a room in building F on the bottom floor. Building F is falling apart; it's almost laughable that people have to pay money to stay here. Giant air conditioning units greet you after you pass by a stagnant stream strewn with garbage- NO exaggeration here. We had to switch our room to one on the second floor because the unit we had booked was filthy, outdated, depressing and SMELLED. I did not want my kids sitting on the couch and I would not sleep in the bed. The upper floor unit we were then given was definitely an improvement.
The bar by the pool is closed and falling apart. The signs around the resort are torn and sad looking. The ocean/beach area is okay but nothing to go too crazy over. I looked around at the people staying there and wondered if they were thinking the same things I was as I looked around in disbelief.
The pool and parts of the beach are the ONLY saving grace for this 'resort'. My kids spent their time in the pool and I did a little snorkeling in the ocean. Thank goodness I was only staying here for one night before heading to St John for 10 days!!!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family