All reviewsbeach towelsst johnwasher and dryersea grape treesmurphy bedthese unitscable tvcomfortable furnituretennis courtsown mealssnorkel gearferry terminalnormavrbocondohookparadise
Reviewed 18 July 2017

There is something seriously off about this entire place. You will know this as you drive in the entrance and see the tennis courts overgrown with grass/weeds and in complete disrepair. The grounds are also overgrown and look as though they have not recovered from a recent hurricane. The 'office' to the 'resort' is in a tiny room in one of the buildings that has no sign leading to it- nice staff, however!
We were booked for a room in building F on the bottom floor. Building F is falling apart; it's almost laughable that people have to pay money to stay here. Giant air conditioning units greet you after you pass by a stagnant stream strewn with garbage- NO exaggeration here. We had to switch our room to one on the second floor because the unit we had booked was filthy, outdated, depressing and SMELLED. I did not want my kids sitting on the couch and I would not sleep in the bed. The upper floor unit we were then given was definitely an improvement.
The bar by the pool is closed and falling apart. The signs around the resort are torn and sad looking. The ocean/beach area is okay but nothing to go too crazy over. I looked around at the people staying there and wondered if they were thinking the same things I was as I looked around in disbelief.
The pool and parts of the beach are the ONLY saving grace for this 'resort'. My kids spent their time in the pool and I did a little snorkeling in the ocean. Thank goodness I was only staying here for one night before heading to St John for 10 days!!!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
7  Thank prod4
Reviewed 18 July 2017

We chose the "Crystal Cove Beach Resort" based on the many positive reviews written on TripAdvisor. Actually this is Not a beach resort but an apartment/ condominium complex manage by Exclusive Resort. Some owners use the apartment(s) as investments and rent them out. We were given Unit B-3B. This apartment is dated and it is not being properly maintained. This unit is a 1 bedroom furnished apartment. The mattress on the bed was soft and old, the bedside lamps were broken, the furniture in the apartment were old, the televisions were of the analogue type with cable, the WiFi in the apartment worked sporadic at times. There were paint cans and maintenance stuffs sitting in the verandah. However, there were adequate kitchen utensils, beddings and towels in the apartment. House keeping is done twice per week. Non-portable water is used for flushing the toilets at this complex. The Sapphire Beach was a 3 minutes walk away from the apartment. The beach is good but not the best on the island. Beside the beach, there is nothing of interest at this "Resort". There are good restaurants, some shopping and the ferry terminal to St. John's 1 1/2 miles away. The 2 tennis courts on the compound were recently resurfaced and the nets are in good shape. I will guess that other apartments on the compound were better maintained, it all depends on the owner and his/her commitment to upkeep.

Room Tip: Ask about maintenance of the unit before acceptance. A rental car or taxi is needed to get around from here.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
7  Thank DENNIS D
Reviewed 15 June 2017

We rented this unit for our son in May 2017. Though we did not actually stay in this unit, we did have plenty of opportunities to enjoy it. Having stayed in 4 other units at Crystal Cove, walking into this one really made us go "Wow!" It is very tastefully decorated and very well maintained. The kitchen has been updated nicely and was easy to move around in. If you'd like to stay in and prepare your own meals here, it's a breeze. It has everything you need.

The bedroom had another "wow" factor - the bed is very comfortable! I can't say that about other places here. I loved that there was a nice table and chairs in the front of the unit so that you could sit and have your meals and look out at Sapphire Beach. There's a flat screen tv, internet and a washer and dryer too. It's a very short walk to Sapphire Beach where you can relax under the sea grape trees or swim and snorkel in that gorgeous water. My son didn't use the snorkel gear but it's there for anyone that needs it. Also ample supply of beach towels too. Norma stopped in once during the stay to check on whether any supplies were needed and to see if there were any problem. She's the best!

Brent was awesome to deal with from beginning to end. He sent along some extremely helpful information about the area and was always quick to respond when I had questions. He even helped us decide which company to use when we were interested in going on a boat for the day to the BVIs. You can't ask for better owners to rent from when you want to stay at Crystal Cove. It is obvious that Brent and Claudia care for their unit and care about whether their renters enjoy themselves. These units are all older and some owners have not taken the time to update them in ways that people are looking for in order to be comfortable, but Brent has obviously been making changes to the condo that any renter would appreciate. We wouldn't hesitate to rent from them in the future. When someone cares as much about their place as this couple, it shows and it matters. Thanks for making our family's time together at Sapphire Beach such an enjoyable one.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Wingnut57
Reviewed 5 May 2017

Steve and Honey definitely put in attention, care and detail into their property. FAR better than staying at a hotel! My friend and I went to St.Thomas for a wedding. I could not stop raving about the detailed information that was provided. From exactly how to work the toaster to pictures of fish or other things we might come in contact with! The vast amount of information was a welcome for me and it was cool to be able to answer questions the group from the wedding asked. They all wanted to know where I was staying and I was more than happy to share! Felt like home…SUPER comfortable bed, washer/dryer, tons of towels and other items that you would need! The hair dryer also came in handy. When coming back to St. Thomas, no doubt we would stay at B~11! Thank you Steve and Honey!

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Frazzlerock4
Reviewed 30 April 2017

I've been coming to Sapphire Beach Condominiums West every few years since 1983. It seems I just can't stay away. This paradise is simply above the rest! Sapphire Beach is one of the most beautiful in the world. If you like intimacy, scenery, proximity to dining and shopping this place can't be beat.

Over the years this complex has had ups and downs maintenance-wise. In our recent visit, I noticed the buildings were freshly painted; the pool, tennis courts and outdoor facilities were especially well kept. Even the beach had daily attendants to ensure we had chairs and a pleasing site for sunning. Impressive and not the usual fare at this kind of facility.

Even more impressive was our rental unit, B-11. Our hosts, Steve and Honey, have continuously invested in this property. It's well done and it's clear they love it not just for themselves but for their guests as well! Clean, very well appointed and with every comfort one would expect at home. There's cable TV through two flat big screen televisions. A plethora of DVDs. Comfortable furniture in excellent condition. Free Wi-Fi. A fully stocked kitchen with plenty of utensils. Nice! Just like home.

To cap off the experience, Steve and Honey are a delight to work with. Cooperative, reasonable and communicative. Steve is interested in your vacation being successful. His on site "B-11 BIBLE" outlines everything you need to know in St Thomas and beyond. Restaurant reviews, suggested activities, even directions! What's more, the BIBLE is accurate, not just a slapped together collection of brochures. Steve also wants to hear from you on arrival and is responsive throughout your visit. Send him a text or email to let him know you arrived and that everything was to your satisfaction. Ask about a particular restaurant or directions to an attraction. He'll be right back to you with "spot on" advice.

The beautiful beach faces East looking out to St John, Jost van Dyke and Virgin Gorda. The beach activity is subdued, but consistent. Tour boats, day cruises, snorkelers and other beach goers provide a great sense of community. There's a bar at the beach with an attendant making sure the beverages keep coming. The sand is soft, white and pristine. OMG, who wouldn't just love this place?

The activity opportunities are awesome! Nearby Red Hook provides restaurants, night life, grocery stores and access to the St John Ferry (which is inexpensive and offers access to another attraction of the area). Sapphire Beach is a terminal for many day cruises, either sail or motor powered. Just walk to the marina and board the trip of your choice (make reservations first though - use the free local phone at B-11).

Can't have greater praise for the location, the activities and, especially B-11. B-11 is our new "go to" as home in St Thomas. Thank you Steve and Honey!

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple