All reviews nice guy pool bar aqua marine grocery store lime tree rental car energy surcharge wyndham owners studio loft charlotte amalie small resort beautiful beach plenty of beach chairs mini kitchen beach hut on site restaurant pull out couch
Reviewed 16 August 2017

We exchanged a week of timeshare for a week here in St. Thomas. We loved the property as the beach and view were superb. The location was a bit off the beaten path which was fine once we bit the bullet and picked up a rental car. My hair is gray already but after being a passenger in the car when my husband or adult son were driving gave me a few more gray strands. Between twisty, turny, hilly roads and driving on the left, it was a bit breathtaking and not really in a good way. ;-)
The restaurant at the property, Lanai, which I will review separately was great, reasonable by USVI prices and had a nice menu. Shasta at the front desk was very helpful when I had a problem contacting the car rental place and did her best to remedy the situation for me. There was a bit of a "timeshare sell" (to visit their newest sister property, Margaritaville) when we first checked in that was a little bit of a hard sell for my taste but it was helpful in that they told us about the Wednesday night special deal for Paradise Point which was a highlight of our trip so I do thank them for that. I would go back in a heartbeat as playing in the waves in the Caribbean Sea is one of my favorite past times.

Room Tip: All rooms face the sea but some of them have palm trees that must block the view. We were in the B building and the view was excellent.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank TinaOceanside
Reviewed 9 August 2017

Great place for a timeshare exchange. The restraint onsite is good, ate there a couple nights....great atmosphere at night at the bar.
Overall good place to stay with family. Beach is not good for snorkeling BUT very pretty to relax on. Iguana's and crab sanctuary. House keeping was very nice and helped us out when our phone didn't work in our room, they went out of there way to exchange out our towels, very kind people.
Oh...NO OVEN just an FYI but Had a nice 7 days on the property.

Stayed: June 2017
1  Thank Califly2015
Reviewed 22 July 2017

Stayed a week at Bluebeards BeachClub. The beach is amazing and while it feels it is off the beaten path it is centrally located on the island. I would recommend renting a car. There is a restaurant not he property and the food is very good. Nightly activities were fun as well, wish we would have had the time to participate in more of them. Everyone seems to be commenting about the new fees, this is certainly not the resorts fault and I hop that it does not impact the tourism and resorts!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank FlandersClan
Reviewed 18 July 2017 via mobile

The main thing contributing to this low rating is a surprised $25 A DAY fee, in addition to a daily $22.50 electricity fee. All of this should be included in the daily rate or timeshare point structure. It's beyond insane to spring a $50 daily fee (when staying a week or longer) when they weren't expecting it. Aside from that, they beach is AWESOME and the food is okay (nothing special at all).

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Larry M
Reviewed 12 July 2017

We were there recently for our 30th wedding anniversary. Our room could not have been any closer to the beach! It was awesome. They delivered champagne to our room before we even got unpacked. So sweet!
Pros.....Excellent location. Excellent view. Most of the time it was quiet and uncrowded.
Cons....Beware.... St. Thomas now has a $25.00 per night mandatory fee for any property that is a timeshare. This fee is for owners or guests of owners. That really adds up when you're there a week or longer.
- All of the St. Thomas beaches are public, so locals, other tourists, and people from the cruise ships are allowed to use the beach in front of any resort. There were several signs on the property stating that the pool, tennis courts, chairs, etc. were only for the use of the registered guests. There were random people using the chairs and the pool on a daily basis. You could tell who was not registered because they didn't have the resort beach towel. One day the bartender's roommate (we eavesdropped on their conversation!) was at the pool, drinking all day long, and was loud & obnoxious. We never saw any money exchange hands. And, I'm sure none of those people had to pay the $25.00 fee that we did.
- On several days, there was loud music blasting from near the check in desk. The music could be heard all the way in our room, which was the farthest one away from where the music was coming from. Annoying!
- No free wifi!
- No "mid week clean". If you wanted clean towels, etc., you had to call the front desk & housekeeping was quick to bring them to you.
- The first day in the gym, the AC wasn't on. I asked the front desk about it, and they said it was "leaking" and was being worked on. For the rest of the week, someone told me how to turn it on at the breaker box, so I would just turn it on myself when I was at the gym. I NEVER saw a single drop come out of that AC. Most of the days there were no towels. There was no sanitizer to clean the machines after use. One day there was no water.
- The way the room is set up, there's a couch in one side of the kitchen. It serves no purpose. From the couch you cannot see the ocean or the TV.

Room Tip: All of the rooms have an excellent room.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple