All reviewsprivate islandferry ridemain islandfree for hotel guestsferry servicest croixwater ferrysmall storesmall islandchristiansted boardwalkbeach barbecuesmall kitchenettebar restaurantrestaurants and shopssea turtleshotel roomangry nates
Reviewed 25 April 2016

We took an excursion to the Hotel on the Cay in St Croix through Royal Caribbean and enjoyed this place so much. The tour guide gave us an island tour to the own in Christiansted. The water ferry took us over to the hotel grounds where we were able to use the beach, chairs, and umbrella along with the restaurant and bathrooms. The beach and the water are so beautiful. We went swimming and enjoyed laying on the beach in the sun. There was a short rain shower but there is plenty of room under the tin roof of the restaurant for all. The lunch provided was very good with grilled chicken, hamburgers or hotdogs with salads and fruit. There was a fort and some shops in the town of Christiansted to explore. The people of St Croix are so friendly and want to show you the beauty and history of their. island. I would stay at this hotel if you wanted a quiet slice of paradise.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled with friends
HotelOnTheCay, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel on the Cay, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2016

Hello June B,
Thank you for your review! I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your visit with us. We hope that we have the opportunity to see you for a few nights as a hotel guest!

Reviewed 19 April 2016

Our first trip to St Croix. We could not have been more pleased with our stay on the cay. The staff was extremely friendly & attentive. The room was clean & welcoming. The WiFi was stable & fast. We never encountered a staff member who did not have a smile or pleasant word. They really made us feel at home. We look forward to our next stay - it will be on the cay!

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Clamdigger1962

Dear Clamdigger1962,
We would like to thank you for taking the time to share with all of us your review and for all your wonderful comments in regards to our performance. We are glad to read that your experience with us was pleasant and hope that we can be of service for you in the near future!

Reviewed 9 April 2016

Perfect location in the heart of historic Christensted. It's on an island in the harbor, but a one-minute boat ride (free to hotel guests, runs at least every ten minutes all day long) got me there. The dock where the boat picks up is a few minutes' walk from all of the restaurants and shops, and next door to the historic site operated by the National Park Service, which is also where the taxi from the airport drops people off. .

The desk staff were helpful and friendly. My room was spacious, clean, and comfortable. The climate control and bathroom all worked well. Because the hotel is located on a small island, almost every room has a great view, either of the town (mine; spectacular at sunset) or the outer harbor. Microwave, toaster oven, and fridge, basic dining utensils, are all provided if I wanted to dine in. I slept well all three nights I was there.

There is no restaurant per se, but breakfast could be purchased at the beachside bar (the literature in the room said from 7 to 10, but when I got there I was told it opened at 7:30). I ended up eating in town al three days. Also, on Tuesday night there was a barbecue on the beach at 7 pm: good but not exceptional food (think American cookout), plentiful and reasonably priced for a resort (warning: drinks, even nonalcoholic, are separate). The event includes music and other entertainment, which I didn't stay for.

A number of resort-type activities are offered but I was on business so did not partake. The only minor quibble is that when I printed out my boarding pass at the computer provided in the lobby, I was charged for the copy--no big expense but I expected that this kind of service would be complimentary at a place like this.

All in all, not a "luxury" accommodation but a pleasant experience. If I ever come back to Christiansted again--maybe as a tourist--I would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled on business

Dear mikeofduluth,
I am delighted to read that your stay with us was such an enjoyable one with so many positive things mentioned about the hotel & team in general. On behalf of all of us at Hotel on the Cay I'd like to thank you for your great feedback, we are glad we made your stay a memorable one!

Reviewed 3 April 2016 via mobile

This was the worst place I've ever stayed at. The management personnel were rude and nasty. The room was filthy! Sand in the beds, beds uncomfortable, bathroom small, kitchen was pathetic. Coffee maker old and dirty, utensils were all broken, the kitchen faucet was not even attached to the sink. Balcony was pitched towards the ground, balcony cracked, railing rusted and broken. Sliding doors did not close so bugs and rain came in the entire night. We went to the beach in the morning to be yelled at by a women saying we couldn't sit under a umbrella because it was only for people from the cruise ship. We contacted RCI and we left this resort after 24 hours it was a horrible experience!! Don't book here unless you want to be disappointed!!! See attached photos!!

Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
10  Thank karen1988tucker

Dear karen1988tucker,
We appreciate the time you have taken to write your review about your recent stay at Hotel on the Cay. We would like to extend our sincere apologies for the inconveniences you had during your stay. Comments allow us all to make this place even better as well as provide TA readers with a subjective point of view. We wish you all the best with your future local travels.

Reviewed 27 March 2016

After yearly stays in the hotel suites, we reserved the villa this year. It was very clean and offered wonderful views of the ocean and Christiansted. Worth paying a little extra in my opinion.

On our first day of vacation my husband injured his leg through a misstep on the boardwalk. The hotel staff did all they could to make him comfortable. We had a good time though my husband was on crutches and continue to recommend this hotel to our friends who visit St. Croix.

Stayed: March 2016
1  Thank Cynthia N

Dear Cynthia N,
I am so pleased to know that you had such an enjoyable stay with us here at Hotel on the Cay. We love hearing that our valued staff provided personalized attention to assist you and your husband. I greatly appreciate you taking the time to post your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!