14 people are viewing this hotel
Booking.comUS$488
Official SiteUS$488
Trip.comUS$553
1,117 results
All reviews plunge bar shore club grace bay beautiful beach junior suite pool staff omelet station tour of the property breakfast was included every morning paddle boards great property pool beach kids club special shout other resorts ocean front
Selected filters
Reviewed 17 August 2021

Mr. Jeff Morgan is clearly a very detail oriented hotel manager of the property. Prior to and during our stay (6th time)at the Palms he demonstrated outstanding care to our special circumstances prior to the trip and made sure our stay there was comfortable and pleasant. He made himself available whenever we requested his assistance . A+
Monojit the head chef at the restaurant went out of his way to accommodate our needs with our special diet and prepared outstanding meals at the restaurant. He paid special attention to every detail.
Thanks to Derlin at the beach area and Wendy at breakfast who made our stay even more enjoyable.

Date of stay: July 2021
Jeff Morgan, General Manager at The Palms Turks and Caicos, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2021

Dear Sabrina B,
Thank you for your great review and very kind words.
We greatly appreciate that you have stayed with us 6 times. We look forward to making your 7th stay with us your best visit yet.
Monojit, Derlin, and Wendy will be recognized for their efforts.

Reviewed 16 August 2021 via mobile

Great property, great location, stunning beach, mostly excellent service. The entry level rooms (jr suites) are very nice. Dinner at Parallel 23 is really outstanding. Covid precautions and testing were handled well. The spa was disappointing, did not live up to the hype. However everything else exceeded expectations. We will be back.

Date of stay: July 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear AJC,
Thank you for your great review. We are thrilled that we exceeded your expectations. We hope you return for another visit soon. When you do return, please visit the spa again as we are very confident that you won't be disappointed again.

Reviewed 14 August 2021

The Palms Turks & Caicos was an incredible experience - the rooms, the staff, the location, the experience! We thoroughly enjoyed Turks and Caicos and the incredible beach at The Palms - the white sands and crystal blue waters were amazing for snorkeling and scuba diving. The service was very very good and if you happen to come across Moneque Green during your stay, know that you are going to experience some fantastic service and great conversation, she was always very warm and friendly to us during our stay. We will certainly be back!

Date of stay: July 2021
Jeff Morgan, General Manager at The Palms Turks and Caicos, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2021

Dear Daniel M,
Thank you for your 10/10 review. We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay so much. We will make sure to recognize Monique Green for her fantastic service. We hope to welcome you back to The Palms in the very near future.

Reviewed 8 August 2021

This iconic yet understated property is a hidden gem on Grace Bay. My stay was brief but quite memorable because of the wonderful staff they have at The Palms. First, their welcome drink offered by Eddy at the Front Desk was just what we needed after an incredibly long trip from Asia and the West Coast. Weldon and Stephon from housekeeping went above and beyond with making sure our stay was comfortable. Ariker, the wonderful concierge at the property deserves all recognition because she helped us with our special request. If you need any assistance, transfers or reservations, I have no doubt Ariker can make it happen. She's that awesome! The servers, Remy Jean and Nick, were knowledgeable and kept the drinks and amazing food coming. The jerk chicken wrap with sweet potato fries are must haves.

Since we traveled during Covid, they offer rapid testing on site near the Spa. I was disappointed to hear they only offer it around lunch time on weekdays, but since it was well-organized and only took 10 min, it wasn't inconvenient at all. In fact, your results are available at the end of day at the front desk.

I often travel solo and I loved that the property is gated with security 24/7. Whether you're going on a girls' trip or just traveling alone, the staff will make sure you're safe and well taken care of. I'm a demanding traveler and quite hard to please, but The Palms most definitely exceeded all my expectations.

Date of stay: July 2021
Jeff Morgan, General Manager at The Palms Turks and Caicos, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2021

Dear Harana,
Thank you for your fabulous review. The staff you mentioned will be recognized. Our COVID testing center is open every day for our guests. We are thrilled that we exceeded your expectations and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 8 August 2021

I stayed here July 25-30th and thoroughly enjoyed my stay. I would like to say a special thanks to Fitzroy, Woodens, Arlene and Abel for taking such good care of me. I should also thank all the other amazing staff members and apologize for not remembering everyone’s names as the service was by and large fantastic. The reason I did not rate this 5 out of 5 is due to a few small things.

When I checked in, there was no one around to take me to my room. After sitting for nearly 10 minutes, a very kind bellman offered to show me the way. The lack of staff available meant that I missed out on the property tour that I saw everyone else get. Perhaps this was just an example of “island time”, but the front desk seemed completely unconcerned that I was left sitting in the lobby. To be fair, I was absolutely exhausted from my travel and a bit jet lagged - but I did tell them this, and for a 5* property, I would have expected this to be appreciated and understood.

The other small things involve the hunger-games type approach to getting a beach or pool chair. Resorts have to do a better job about this. I woke up at 6am every day to get beach chairs, and I also had the kind help of the beach staff who, after the 2nd day, knew I was coming and would be ready to help me get them set up. This is not acceptable for the caliber of this property. People should not be able to reserve chairs they are not immediately using (myself included; I did it because everyone else was, and otherwise I would not have gotten a chair). The rule should be that if you ask for a chair, then you’re actively using that chair. If the chair is left empty for more than 1 hour, you lose it - period. People had chairs “reserved” all day that they either never visited, or only came to for maybe 1-2 hours.

The other grievance I have with the property is that there is a policy of pooling tips signed to the room across the entire resort. I learned of this from another guest who had been to property for many years. This means that if I have stellar service from employee A, and I put a 40% tip on my bill, that 40% does not go to employee A. It gets put into a master pool that is then divided by all the food and beverage staff. I don’t know the exact mechanics, but I heard this from multiple repeat guests. The staff, of course, do not comment on this and I did not want to put them in an uncomfortable position by asking. However, I noticed a marked difference in response between a tip signed on my bill and a cash tip. If the hotel wants to employ this policy, they should clearly inform guests - something like “It is our policy to equitably disburse your tips across our entire food and beverage staff”. That way, guests know that they can support the entire team AND that if they want to personally recognize an individual guest, they should provide a cash tip directly to that employee.

I stayed in what I think is called the Junior Suite. The room was elegantly appointed and kept spotless by the housekeeping staff. The linens were luxuriously soft and the bed was one of the most comfortable hotel beds I have ever slept in. I would have preferred a separate bathtub and shower. The small kitchenette was a nice touch, which kept drinks and snacks cool. The only thing missing was a way to hang wet swimwear - a rack or a clothesline on the balcony would have been appreciated. The property does have some sound transference issues, so you can hear other doors close, and I could hear the guests above me - especially chairs being pulled out, and when their kids would run around.

The only other feedback I would have for management is that the property really should be adults-only. I was lucky during my stay that the children there were well-behaved and generally quiet. However, with such an upscale boutique property, it does ruin the ambiance somewhat to have children running around and being noisy. There are some amazing properties on the island for families - the elegance of the Palms just really feels as if it would benefit from an age limit.

I will definitely return to this property. I didn’t comment on the beaches as I think everyone knows how beautiful they are - so I will just reiterate that this is one of the premier beachfronts in the world, and the crystal clear water is a sight you must see.

Room tip: Ask for a beach or pool view. I liked building 1.
2  Thank E E

Dear Erin,
Thank you for your gorgeous review. We are very happy to see that you will be returning. The staff you mentioned will be recognized. We are sorry that you didn't have a proper arrival. We appreciate you pointing out the small things so we can address those issues for future guests to enjoy their stays even more.