All reviews three bedroom sq ft the ritz carlton full kitchen pool side grand cayman living room concierge amenities spa chairs vacation luxury villa reef beach groceries
Reviewed 27 January 2016

as I was told by Arlene,when I complained about no hot water the first night, no towels when we arrived,broken toaster,dirty coffee maker,etc....."It's a residence".....thats the lamest answer Ive ever received .The "doormen/secuity are very nice but are not concierge service. If I were the RC brand manager I would be annoyed at these people using the RC name

Date of stay: January 2016
17  Thank Mark L
Reviewed 14 March 2015

We just returned from a two month stay in one of the Private Residences. It was every thing advertised and more. It was a very large, three bedroom, three bath condo with a ton of space. It was fully equipped in every way. Every day was a complete pleasure.

The Residence staff was top notch and always looked for a way to get things done and say yes. This was true of the entire staff at the Ritz. The Ritz must have some kind of magical training program because each and every staff member was extraordinary. Our dealings with those at the Private Residences, who were not Ritz employees, were not of the same high quality.

The biggest negative about the Ritz was the heavy emphasis on children. There were mobs of screaming, unsupervised children on many occasions at the pool. Nobody, parents and staff alike, made any attempt to control their behavior so that the adults without children might enjoy some serenity at the pool. For what the Private Residences cost, you would think that some special arrangements might have been made for the occupants. On many days there were three or four football tossing games going on in front of us, behind us and all over the patios. Nobody tried to stop them. On more than one occasion young children were playing soccer right behind us.

The pool loungers were the most uncomfortable I have ever encountered. Wood slats. They need to be replaced.

Date of stay: January 2015
8  Thank trailer2015
Reviewed 10 October 2014

But as always with RC, the service staff makes it tops? Our home had a private dipping pool and the layout was perfect. Our girls each had their own room and the island iguanas visited our back patio everyday! So fun to see.

Room tip: Become an Exclusive Resorts member
Date of stay: October 2014
5  Thank Myromy
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Awesome
It's all good and you get what you pay for!
Again our travel agent Neely at Cary travel put us up here for a quick get away!
Ankhs Neely!!!!
Great food and rooms and of course the service I
S second to none!
They showed us the residences just out of our curiosity even though we were not looking to buy one (which we told them up front)
I would suggest buying one!!!

Room tip: It's all good It's the Ritz! Costs a little more but worth it for that special occasion!
Date of stay: October 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4  Thank Steve D D
Reviewed 1 March 2014

I came here for the first time with my husband and twin boys. (my mom came to help us too.) we got something like a mini suite where there was a door and a couch that became a bed for my mom. The hotel accommodated us with two cribs for my boys. they were very helpful. there is a grocery store right near the hotel so I was easily able to get formula and water for the babies. the hotel was gorgeous...room big and clean and the restaurants were delicious. the one restaurant in the hotel (forgot the name but it's the fish one...something blue i think...) is DELICIOUS. (but i have to say...very expensive.) favorite part of trip was seeing the stingray! must do. I am scared of everything and everyone kept saying...go see the stingrays so i sucked it up and did it and it was AMAZING. I highly recommend taking a tour and doing that too. You can do a group tour i think but we did a private one with this lady where we took the jet skis and followed her. It was awesome. (we did go really fast in jet skis but it was a fun little thrill.) Oh and I hired a photographer to take pictures of our family and she was so nice and professional and dropped off the cd at the front desk for us. anyways...if you are thinking of going...i recommend! good luck and have fun! :-) hope this helped.

Date of stay: April 2013