All reviews grocery store across the street bedroom loft the ritz captain clinton washer dryer grand cayman within walking distance perfect location ocean front fresh beach towels the property manager natural shade uncrowded beach plenty of beach chairs shopping cart maid service is
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We have rented at the Villas for the last 18 years and it has become an important part of our family time together! Best beach, and wonderful amenities all within walking distance! Snorkelling off the beach is like national geographic episode!

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Lisa E, Manager at Villas of the Galleon, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you for your review and we are many people's home away from home. We like to think of everyone as one big happy family. Keep coming back and we hope to see you soon! Thanks,

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Spent more time than I will admit to in selecting a condo property for the send half of our vacation. Chose this one based on price/value (fall special cinched it), location, no hefty additional fees/deposits, and positive reviews. Needed a 1 bedroom for only 3 nights (most condos seem to be 2+ bedrooms). Rooms are cleverly arranged so all have ocean views. Ocean front room not necessary if you're cost-conscious. Assigned to ground floor #4; might have preferred 2nd floor but the property was very quiet this time of year, so not an issue with people walking past the room. Just no overhead shade or outside fan. Easy walk to beach and parking lot. Location makes this property a #1 choice. Bed was super comfortable. Loved having the in-room washer & dryer. Daily maid service but you got one shot--if they came at an inconvenient time that was their "last run". However they offered clean towels which was really all we needed. Beach towels but no beach accessories. Could rent snorkel equipment next door at the Westin. Beautiful sand and turquoise water. No pool. Restaurants and grocery store close on West Bay Road. Security always present patrolling the grounds and beach; the island feels very safe but I guess petty theft is possible anywhere.

Room Tip: Look at the rooms and map of condos' location on the property's excellent website. They are all different.
  • Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your comments and review! We are glad that you chose Villas of the Galleon as your vacation spot whether it was for 3 days or 2 weeks. #4 is a darling unit and so close to the water and lots of people do love that bed. All of our units have their own washer and dryer in them which is very popular. Hopefully you will be able to return to Grand Cayman again and if you do, we hope you choose Villas of the Galleon! Thanks, Lisa

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My second time in the Caymans. First time I stayed at the Ritz carlton next door. I much prefer the Galleon. It's a true beach vacation. I booked a seaside view apt. My bedroom was literally on the beach. I could walk out of the unit in my swimsuit and ten steps later i'm on the beach. There are not that many units, so you have the beach almost by yourself....vs the hundreds of chairs lined up in a typical brand name hotel. The units are massive and with a real Caribbean feel: uncpmplicated and really cozy. My 2bdrm unit must be like 900 square ft.

THE BEACH.. i'm a frequent traveler of the Caribbean ...but every time I come to Seven Mile beach I am astonished by how clear and warm the water is. This is close to my favorite beach in the Caribbean.

Cayman has lots of things to do. As opposed to outthey Caribbean islands you have tons of good restaurants, pristine roads, great shopping. Here you can have lobster or sushi or just a turkey sandwich. You will not be "sequestered" in your hotel. That's what makes cayman so special.

Below you can a pic with the view from my bed!

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Miguel B

Hi and thank you so much for your comments and review! We have over 450 feet of perfect white beach so it's easy for us to be crowded like so many other spots. And since we are w/in walking distance of the grocery/liquor stores + quite a few top rated restaurants it is easy not to have to worry about getting a car to get around. We like to think we are very special here and glad to know that you enjoyed your vacation with us. Hopefully you will be booking another trip with us soon. Thank you again. Lisa

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Grand Cayman and Villas of the Galleon has been our favorite vacation destination since 1985. First and foremost, Lisa should be crowned “Sweetheart of Grand Cayman”. It’s especially nice to see a friendly face again and again when we arrive. Their grounds are very well kept and the condos don’t leave anything out. The Galleon offers something for every one one to four bedroom condos. Condos are clean, homey, accommodating, spacious, fully equipped, comfortable, daily maid service, free WiFi, free cable, free parking if you choose to rent a car, (unlike the big hotels and resorts) and best of all, just steps away from the world famous Seven Mile Beach. We’ve visited many other Caribbean islands, claiming the most beautiful and clearest water in the Caribbean. Not! They are right there on Seven Mile Beach and you can visit them everyday when you stay at The Galleon. Perfect place to teach the little ones how to snorkel. Where Mom and Dad can get some us time. Family vacations with less hotel hassle. And, Iguana friendly. So don’t be startled if you find one dining beside you.

The location is perfect, within walking distance to some very tasty restaurants, grocery store and transportation options. Oh, and some pretty awesome beach front bars, a short distance either direction. We have only rented a car once in over 30 years since taxis are abundant, reasonably priced and can get you anywhere on the island and back from the Galleon. Quiet, private and very visible, 24 hour on site security, not that the need it for more than turning away non residents wanting a shortcut through the property.

Bottom line. The Villas of The Galleon, are by far, our first choice, when we head for the Cayman’s. I can’t come up with any reason not to.

Stayed: August 2018

Hi Dixie and thank you so much for your comments and great review! I have worked here since 1982 so you must have started coming just a few years later. I sure have met a lot of wonderful guests over the years and made a lot of friends too. Villas of the Galleon is so unique and holds a very special spot in my heart. We are close to everything but far away if you want to have privacy. I am sure you have seen a lot of changes over the years. We are just so glad that you continue to be a loyal repeat visitor @ Villas and I sure hope to see you again and again!
Thank you !!
Lisa

Reviewed 6 October 2018

It’s like being transported back to the late 1970s before all the hustle and bustle of the big resorts - but with all the modern day amenities. We have been here five times, renting one, two, and three bedroom units. Always extremely pleased with the experience. We’ll be back again and again. Just hoping it doesn’t get sold to some big hotel chain that will stick a high rise in this peaceful and non-crowded portion of Seven Mile Beach. Don’t miss the chance to enjoy peace and quiet on a pristine beach before the developers ruin it.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
Lisa E, Manager at Villas of the Galleon, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2018

Hi and thank you for your review! We hope that nobody buys us too as we feel we still have a little piece of heaven here. In fact 450 feet of it. We are so lucky to still be here and have things peaceful and quiet on the beach. So very glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and hopefully you will be able to return again. Thank you. Lisa