1,550 results
All reviews stingers bar ambassador divers free breakfast sandy path yogurt bacon or sausage make your own waffles grand cayman dive shop short path breakfast room waffle maker pool area breakfast staff across the street front desk staff hot tub
Reviewed 12 August 2018

We chose the Comfort Inn based upon favorable reviews and the daily rate. We also found a better rate on the Choice Hotels web site and re-booked.

We were not disappointed. The hotel location necessitated a short walk to the beach, without traffic, just behind another building. The staff were friendly, breakfast was included in the room price, and the room, although quite small, had a refrigerator, coffee maker, microwave, a toaster and a quiet air conditioner. We overlooked the pool, which was a good choice of room. The bed was also comfortable.

We used the gym, which although small was functional. The pool again was quite small but was not crowded and there was a hot tub nearby. Parking was close and free. Chickens roamed free, adding a further attraction to the premises.

We ate locally at the Peppers Bar & Grill Restaurant a couple of times for lunch and also sampled the restaurant Cimboco for breakfast, Café Del Sol for coffee, Subway and also the Pizza Hut, all of which were within easy walking distance. We also ate dinner at the Lobster Pot in Georgetown, Sunday brunch at the Lighthouse at Breakers on the South Shore towards the East End of the island and Over the Edge Restaurant at Old Man Bay on the North Shore, all needing transport. We enjoyed all dining locations. We also found Caymanians to be friendly and the drivers were courteous.

For food shopping we visited the Kirk supermarket in the way to Georgetown, and found many interesting items, including products originating in the UK.

We enjoyed our time at the Comfort Inn and would not hesitate to visit the hotel again.

Room Tip: Choose a room on a high floor with a pool view
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
7  Thank VMSNS007
CaymanComfortSuites, General Manager at Comfort Suites Seven Mile Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2018

Dear Guest - thank you for your review and endorsement of our hotel, we are glad that you enjoyed our service, location and value and that you enjoyed your visit to fabulous Seven Mile Beach, Cayman Islands.

Reviewed 9 August 2018 via mobile

Rooms are clean and comfortable. Front desk staff is not too friendly but they are not bad either. Some are nicer than others. Doesn't hurt to smile and say Good Morning or Good Evening.

Staff at Stingers is very nice. The beach is beautiful but very limited seats.

The Cayman Islands is a beautiful Island, however, it gets boring after 3 days. No entertainment at this hotel.

Pros: Free breakfast, beach, price for hotel stay.

Cons: Limited chairs at beach, expensive Island, not enough entertainment.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
7  Thank inlovewithd
CaymanComfortSuites, General Manager at Comfort Suites Seven Mile Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2018

Dear Guest - thank you for your review and for staying with us. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and visit to our island.
Yours in Hopsitality

Reviewed 9 August 2018

My wife and I along with our two young daughters stayed at the Comfort Suites in Grand Cayman from August 2, 2018 through August 7, 2018 in room 413. We paid a total of $810.43 for 5 nights, including all fees and taxes. There were no suprise resort fees or additional charges. I was very happy with the Comfort Suites and this was an excellent value for the price we paid.

I was looking for good quality hotels for an affordable price and this hotel jumped right to the top of the list with a 4.5 circle rating. It is located on the nicest beach on the island and close to shopping and restaurants. Camana Bay is about a 15 minute walk. I enjoyed buying a whole roasted chicken from Chicken Chicken for $15 CI and bringing it back to our room to eat. One reason you will save so much money is that the hotel is not directly on the beach, but instead behind another hotel on the beach. I timed the walk and it takes only 45 seconds to walk to the beach. I’ll trade several hundreds of dollars in hotel room costs to walk an extra 45 seconds to the beach.

I arrived at the hotel around 12:50 pm. They did not have a room ready, but I do not fault the hotel since check-in time is 3 pm. We ate lunch and returned to our room. The room was very spacious, probably the largest our family has ever stayed in. It was very clean and the 2 queen beds were very comfortable with lots of pillows. It came with a kitchen sink, plates, utensils, a microwave, and refrigerator. There were lots of drawers for our clothes. The room also has a little sofa and rolling chair. The bathroom was average sized, but did not have a lock on it, which I found unusual. The television channel selection was decent with local stations from Miami and New York, and other channels like HBO, CNN, A&E, and ESPN. They also had some international channels for foreign visitors. The wifi worked great. The AC also worked well to keep our room cool without being too noisy. The rooms have safes, but they cost $2.50 a day. It would be better if they were free. Maid service was excellent. I liked the free complimentary drinks we all received our first day (rum punch or juice for the kids).

One big factor in choosing this hotel was the free breakfast. This alone saved a ton of money. They had scrambled eggs, toast, bagels, yogurt, a waffle maker, apples, bananas, oranges, orange juice, apple juice, assorted cereals, and either sausage links, patties, or bacon. They also had little pastries and muffins in addition to some other items I may be forgetting. The staff was very efficient in keeping up with demand and cleaning tables. To read other reviewers complain about this FREE breakfast makes me think they are insane. I guess they would rather pay $60 for a family of four to eat breakfast at another hotel. We loaded up on the free breakfast and had an early dinner every day. The lobby area had ice-cold flavored lemon water and coffee or tea 24/7.

The best feature of this hotel is access to Seven Mile Beach. The beach area is smaller due to hurricanes over the years, but there’s still room to enjoy yourself. Our kids always found spots to play in the sand. The water is very clear and calm and you can see varieties of fish near the reefs. There were always chaise lounges available and we never had to wait. Free towels were available at the front desk, but they sometimes ran out. I’d say they had towels for us 80% of the time. Some reviewers said the beach was too rocky and their feet got hurt. Yes, there are some coral rocks, but they are not sharp. I swam at that beach for 6 days and never once cut my foot, nor did any members of my family. If you walk slowly your feet will be just fine. There’s no need for water shoes. There was also free water near the entrance to the beach if you got thirsty. Umbrellas were also available.

The pool area was nice as well. Chairs were plentiful and the staff often had pool toys out for the kids like floaties and rafts. The pool was kept clean and open late. I think it technically closed at 10 pm., but people were not bothered if they were swimming late. The hot tub was nice as well, but the temperature could have been reduced by a few degrees to be more comfortable. We did not dine at Stickers so I cannot comment on the food.

The staff was friendly. I never noticed any attitude from anyone. One employee, Austin, was particularly nice often asking how I was doing and that I enjoy my stay. The woman at the desk near the breakfast area, Melinda, was very helpful booking some excursions and answering our questions.

I try to be honest and fair when writing reviews and point out problems, but I wasn't really upset with any aspect of my stay. However, I did notice one small detail that I and others found very annoying and that’s the alarm buzzer next to the marketplace pantry. Basically, if you move past a certain point when looking to buy something from the pantry, a loud and annoying buzzer will go on and off NONSTOP. Even when people line up at the front desk and are waiting near the pantry, it will keep going off. This must drive the front desk employees crazy. If you want to buy something and stand there looking, the motion detector buzzer will go off nonstop. I’ve seen some people simply walk away and not buy anything because of the buzzer. I sincerely hope Thomas Mason, the General Manager, will seriously consider disabling the alarm buzzer for the sake of his employees, and to restore some peace and quite to the lobby area. A simple sign warning people they are under video surveillance will have the same impact to deter theft as the buzzer, and maybe increase sales.

If you visit Grand Cayman, you’re going to be swimming at the same beach anyone else at the Ritz Carlton or Westin swims in. You’ll visit the same sites and do the same activities as anyone else staying at the more expensive hotels. However, by staying at the Comfort Suites you’ll save a ton of money on food and a ton of money on lodging while having a great time in The Cayman Islands like everyone else. We would definitely stay here again. In fact, we may be in Grand Cayman for a half-day on a cruise next year and would probably return back to this hotel for a visit.

Marc T. Hardekopf

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
10  Thank marc1976

Dear Mr Hardekopf - Thank you first of all for staying with us and also for your detailed review of our hotel. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and we are glad that you enjoyed the value, location and service that we at Comfort Suites Seven Mile Beach offer to the visitor to the Cayman Islands. We appreciate your support and encouragement.

Reviewed 8 August 2018

My family and I just got back from our Grand Cayman vacation. We planned this vacation on a budget, and knew going in that The Comfort Suites is not a resort. We were all very pleased with the hotel. It was clean, well situated, helpful staff, comfortable beds, and a free/included in the price hot breakfast.

If you are looking for decadence and pampering, this is not the place for you. But if you are a family looking for a clean, safe well placed hotel that is reasonably priced, than look no further.

While the hotel is not directly on Seven Mile beach, it is steps away, and easily accessible.

We had a room with 2 double beds and a pull out couch and a pseudo kitchenette (fridge and microwave) which came in super handy because Grand Cayman is SUPER expensive. We bought snacks and lunch stuff at the local grocery store and utilized this kitchenette.

Also, a shout out to the staff at the front desk, who were very helpful, and instrumental in setting up some excursions for us.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
8  Thank Owl90

Dear Guests - thank you for your kind review, we are glad that your family enjoyed our hotel, the location, service and value that we were able to add to make your Cayman Islands vacation a success.

Reviewed 6 August 2018

Our flight to Miami for our cruise was cancelled at the last minute and we missed the ship. We flew instead directly to Grand Cayman to meet the ship when it docked there. We found this hotel and stayed there one night. The Comfort Suites worked out great, it was clean with a good location and is a great value. We were able to spend the afternoon at Seven Mile Beach, had a nice dinner at the attached restaurant and met the ship the next morning. This place really saved us and I recommend it.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
5  Thank Eric P
CaymanComfortSuites, General Manager at Comfort Suites Seven Mile Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2018

Dear Guest - thank you for your review, we are glad that were able to help out and that you were able to connect with your ship and to enjoy the rest of your vacation.