1,553 results
All reviews stingers bar ambassador divers free breakfast sandy path yogurt bacon or sausage make your own waffles grand cayman dive shop short path breakfast room waffle maker pool area breakfast staff across the street front desk staff hot tub
Reviewed 9 August 2018 via mobile

Rooms are clean and comfortable. Front desk staff is not too friendly but they are not bad either. Some are nicer than others. Doesn't hurt to smile and say Good Morning or Good Evening.

Staff at Stingers is very nice. The beach is beautiful but very limited seats.

The Cayman Islands is a beautiful Island, however, it gets boring after 3 days. No entertainment at this hotel.

Pros: Free breakfast, beach, price for hotel stay.

Cons: Limited chairs at beach, expensive Island, not enough entertainment.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
7  Thank inlovewithd
CaymanComfortSuites, General Manager at Comfort Suites Seven Mile Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2018

Dear Guest - thank you for your review and for staying with us. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and visit to our island.
Yours in Hopsitality

Reviewed 9 August 2018

My wife and I along with our two young daughters stayed at the Comfort Suites in Grand Cayman from August 2, 2018 through August 7, 2018 in room 413. We paid a total of $810.43 for 5 nights, including all fees and taxes. There were no suprise resort fees or additional charges. I was very happy with the Comfort Suites and this was an excellent value for the price we paid.

I was looking for good quality hotels for an affordable price and this hotel jumped right to the top of the list with a 4.5 circle rating. It is located on the nicest beach on the island and close to shopping and restaurants. Camana Bay is about a 15 minute walk. I enjoyed buying a whole roasted chicken from Chicken Chicken for $15 CI and bringing it back to our room to eat. One reason you will save so much money is that the hotel is not directly on the beach, but instead behind another hotel on the beach. I timed the walk and it takes only 45 seconds to walk to the beach. I’ll trade several hundreds of dollars in hotel room costs to walk an extra 45 seconds to the beach.

I arrived at the hotel around 12:50 pm. They did not have a room ready, but I do not fault the hotel since check-in time is 3 pm. We ate lunch and returned to our room. The room was very spacious, probably the largest our family has ever stayed in. It was very clean and the 2 queen beds were very comfortable with lots of pillows. It came with a kitchen sink, plates, utensils, a microwave, and refrigerator. There were lots of drawers for our clothes. The room also has a little sofa and rolling chair. The bathroom was average sized, but did not have a lock on it, which I found unusual. The television channel selection was decent with local stations from Miami and New York, and other channels like HBO, CNN, A&E, and ESPN. They also had some international channels for foreign visitors. The wifi worked great. The AC also worked well to keep our room cool without being too noisy. The rooms have safes, but they cost $2.50 a day. It would be better if they were free. Maid service was excellent. I liked the free complimentary drinks we all received our first day (rum punch or juice for the kids).

One big factor in choosing this hotel was the free breakfast. This alone saved a ton of money. They had scrambled eggs, toast, bagels, yogurt, a waffle maker, apples, bananas, oranges, orange juice, apple juice, assorted cereals, and either sausage links, patties, or bacon. They also had little pastries and muffins in addition to some other items I may be forgetting. The staff was very efficient in keeping up with demand and cleaning tables. To read other reviewers complain about this FREE breakfast makes me think they are insane. I guess they would rather pay $60 for a family of four to eat breakfast at another hotel. We loaded up on the free breakfast and had an early dinner every day. The lobby area had ice-cold flavored lemon water and coffee or tea 24/7.

The best feature of this hotel is access to Seven Mile Beach. The beach area is smaller due to hurricanes over the years, but there’s still room to enjoy yourself. Our kids always found spots to play in the sand. The water is very clear and calm and you can see varieties of fish near the reefs. There were always chaise lounges available and we never had to wait. Free towels were available at the front desk, but they sometimes ran out. I’d say they had towels for us 80% of the time. Some reviewers said the beach was too rocky and their feet got hurt. Yes, there are some coral rocks, but they are not sharp. I swam at that beach for 6 days and never once cut my foot, nor did any members of my family. If you walk slowly your feet will be just fine. There’s no need for water shoes. There was also free water near the entrance to the beach if you got thirsty. Umbrellas were also available.

The pool area was nice as well. Chairs were plentiful and the staff often had pool toys out for the kids like floaties and rafts. The pool was kept clean and open late. I think it technically closed at 10 pm., but people were not bothered if they were swimming late. The hot tub was nice as well, but the temperature could have been reduced by a few degrees to be more comfortable. We did not dine at Stickers so I cannot comment on the food.

The staff was friendly. I never noticed any attitude from anyone. One employee, Austin, was particularly nice often asking how I was doing and that I enjoy my stay. The woman at the desk near the breakfast area, Melinda, was very helpful booking some excursions and answering our questions.

I try to be honest and fair when writing reviews and point out problems, but I wasn't really upset with any aspect of my stay. However, I did notice one small detail that I and others found very annoying and that’s the alarm buzzer next to the marketplace pantry. Basically, if you move past a certain point when looking to buy something from the pantry, a loud and annoying buzzer will go on and off NONSTOP. Even when people line up at the front desk and are waiting near the pantry, it will keep going off. This must drive the front desk employees crazy. If you want to buy something and stand there looking, the motion detector buzzer will go off nonstop. I’ve seen some people simply walk away and not buy anything because of the buzzer. I sincerely hope Thomas Mason, the General Manager, will seriously consider disabling the alarm buzzer for the sake of his employees, and to restore some peace and quite to the lobby area. A simple sign warning people they are under video surveillance will have the same impact to deter theft as the buzzer, and maybe increase sales.

If you visit Grand Cayman, you’re going to be swimming at the same beach anyone else at the Ritz Carlton or Westin swims in. You’ll visit the same sites and do the same activities as anyone else staying at the more expensive hotels. However, by staying at the Comfort Suites you’ll save a ton of money on food and a ton of money on lodging while having a great time in The Cayman Islands like everyone else. We would definitely stay here again. In fact, we may be in Grand Cayman for a half-day on a cruise next year and would probably return back to this hotel for a visit.

Marc T. Hardekopf

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
10  Thank marc1976

Dear Mr Hardekopf - Thank you first of all for staying with us and also for your detailed review of our hotel. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and we are glad that you enjoyed the value, location and service that we at Comfort Suites Seven Mile Beach offer to the visitor to the Cayman Islands. We appreciate your support and encouragement.

Reviewed 8 August 2018

My family and I just got back from our Grand Cayman vacation. We planned this vacation on a budget, and knew going in that The Comfort Suites is not a resort. We were all very pleased with the hotel. It was clean, well situated, helpful staff, comfortable beds, and a free/included in the price hot breakfast.

If you are looking for decadence and pampering, this is not the place for you. But if you are a family looking for a clean, safe well placed hotel that is reasonably priced, than look no further.

While the hotel is not directly on Seven Mile beach, it is steps away, and easily accessible.

We had a room with 2 double beds and a pull out couch and a pseudo kitchenette (fridge and microwave) which came in super handy because Grand Cayman is SUPER expensive. We bought snacks and lunch stuff at the local grocery store and utilized this kitchenette.

Also, a shout out to the staff at the front desk, who were very helpful, and instrumental in setting up some excursions for us.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
9  Thank Owl90

Dear Guests - thank you for your kind review, we are glad that your family enjoyed our hotel, the location, service and value that we were able to add to make your Cayman Islands vacation a success.

Reviewed 6 August 2018

Our flight to Miami for our cruise was cancelled at the last minute and we missed the ship. We flew instead directly to Grand Cayman to meet the ship when it docked there. We found this hotel and stayed there one night. The Comfort Suites worked out great, it was clean with a good location and is a great value. We were able to spend the afternoon at Seven Mile Beach, had a nice dinner at the attached restaurant and met the ship the next morning. This place really saved us and I recommend it.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
5  Thank Eric P
CaymanComfortSuites, General Manager at Comfort Suites Seven Mile Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2018

Dear Guest - thank you for your review, we are glad that were able to help out and that you were able to connect with your ship and to enjoy the rest of your vacation.

Reviewed 4 August 2018

Other than the nice photo of the hotel from out from in the parking lot this place leaves a lot to be desired. Check-in and check out were a disaster. Staff seemed to be overwhelmed by the amount of people coming and going. Luggage all over the tiny reception area, storage room overflowing with bags, breakfast room taking the extra extras. People wandering the reception area with their wet yellow towels wrapped around them. My single room was very small with two walls on either side of the bed. Breakfast while offering the standard choices is just too small an area for anyone to maneuver around. There is however ample seating offered which is nice. The small pool area is jammed packed with chairs, there is a narrow walkway though the sand to get to the beautiful beach which is all but covered by more beach chairs than I have ever seen before. The only way to walk on the beach without getting wet is to bump into the feet of those reclining by the waters edge. It is like the worst mass-market tourism ever. I was there for business but would have been thoroughly disappointed had I come for a vacation. And Stingers restaurant is not that clean. In fairness to the hotel, the staff (when not overwhelmed at reception) are friendly and help where they can. I realize this is Cayman and prices are crazy expensive but for these rates I would have expected something better. I am afraid the next time I will have to pay that much more and stay at the Marriott or somewhere else.

Stayed: July 2018
1  Thank DRNJ1960
StanleyToronto, General Manager at Comfort Suites Seven Mile Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2018

Dear DRNJ1960 ? - thank you for your review. Yes I agree with you. My Hotel just like most of the hotels on Seven Mike Beach are fully booked and running at full capacity catering mostly to summer tourists at this time. We are proud to be a Comfort Suites just like you would find in the US or Canada. If you were to stay at any an other hotel over this period on Sevem Mile Beach you will probably find that all are running at full capacity. The beach which we share with the hotel next door and which you may have noticed is also tightly packed just like we are is the same. To be fair, Would you have been satisfied with this hotels beach set up? Plus paying three times the amount per night plus resort fees and no complimentary WiFi or breakfast included ? I am sorry that we could not provide you with a more spacious and intimate experience . We are a busy Hotel , operating at a busy time , which just like Walmart which you reference perhaps unfairly in your review, shows the success and demand for a product and service that meets the needs of its customers Successfully. This is the beauty of Cayman we have properties and rates that cater to all. Perhaps we are not for you.