1,959 results
All reviews the grill across the street beach chairs fish tacos yogurt grand cayman westin hotel continental breakfast hard boiled eggs stove top small kitchen liquor store sister property minute walk full size fridge on site restaurant one bedroom suite
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Great place,Kitchen's in rooms, great beach facilities at the sister hotel. The rooms are comfortable (One-Bedroom Suite). Beds were clean with decent linens. Nice pool with dining tables around. The Sunshine Grill on property is a bonus (for tacos lovers).

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
SunshineSuitesResort, General Manager at Sunshine Suites Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

We’re thrilled that you enjoyed your recent stay with us at the Sunshine Suites Resort, and that our terrific accommodations, amazing Seven Mile Beach access, beautiful amenities and delicious dining exceeded your expectations. The Sunshine Grill Grand Cayman is Trip Advisor’s number 1 rated restaurant in the Cayman Islands, and our fish tacos are always a guest favorite. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 15 October 2018

Great place! I loved it here. Small place, not a lot of walking to get to restaurant, pool, or lobby. DiveTech picked me up in the AM to go scuba diving. Dining tables around pool; and good food!!! Kitchen's in rooms if you wish to cook instead of dining out. Owned by Marriott across the street (on the beach); had access to all their amenities too.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
SunshineSuitesResort, General Manager at Sunshine Suites Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Thank you for your wonderful review and rating of the Sunshine Suites Resort! We’re thrilled to know that our beautiful property, helpful amenities and delicious dining enhanced your recent stay. Use of our the Westin’s pool, Seven Mile Beach access and more is a added bonus that we’re glad you were able to enjoy. Please allow us to welcome you back soon for another visit!

Reviewed 15 October 2018

My wife and I just returned from Grand Cayman. We went for only four nights to enjoy some diving. On the recommendation of our dive operator, we stayed at SunShine Suites. What a great find. The rooms are comfortable, clean, and well equipped from the beds, to the tv’s, to the full kitchens. The people were very nice. The rates were very affordable. They have a nice pool and free access to the beach and pool at the Westin across the street. They also had dive rinse tanks and free equipment lockers. The Sunshine Grill on property is an added bonus. We will definitely make Sunshine Suites our hotel of choice for our dive trips to Grand Cayman.

Room Tip: Any room is ok
Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple

How terrific, John, to know that you and your wife were able to enjoy a lovely getaway at the Sunshine Suites Resort, and that our wonderful value, comfortable accommodations, excellent staff and delicious food surpassed your expectations. Thank you for your lovely review and five-star rating, and we hope to welcome you both back again soon!

Reviewed 15 October 2018 via mobile

I went to Caymans for a conference, so I was there to mainly work, not play. Therein lay my issue.

The Sunshine staff were fantastic to a person. Grounds were clean and pretty, and I appreciated the free breakfast. Coffee was also great, and the drinks and food were tasty (try the fish tacos in the Grill restaurant !).

However, there was no place to spend time in air conditioned environments other than one’s room. I also didn’t like the fact that to use the pool, I had to be right next to people on dates eating dinner/lunch. Room itself was small and dark and didn’t have space to work. If I left the shutters on the only (small) window open, then everyone from the parking lot could see into my room.

Water in shower was frequently ice cold and walls were thin - I could hear the convos of the people around me, and didn’t appreciate their yelps of did stress in discovering the cold showers at 6am. Beds were clean with decent linens but far too soft. AC in room was good and modern/newish, but very noisy. It was great to be able to use the Westin facilities, though it was also setup more for vacationers than working folk.

All in all, it’s a decent place to stay if you are a tourist who just needs a place to sleep while you tour the island or hang on the Westin beach. Staff were fantastic! Everyone I came across who worked there seemed happy and took care to greet you. However, I do not recommend this hotel for people in Grand Cayman on business.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business

Tamara, it’s wonderful to hear that while you stayed with us, our beautiful resort, delicious food, exceptional amenities and superb service pleased you. I regret that other areas of your stay didn’t meet your expectations, and I want to assure you that we will discuss your review to see where we can improve the facilities for business travelers. We want all of our guests to feel like their needs are being met, and we hope that you come back soon to the Sunshine Suites Resort so we can work to earn that fifth star!

Reviewed 9 October 2018

Great location with Westin privileges - what else can you ask for? Location is great. Food is great at the poolside restaurant. Staff is helpful and warm. The bar had great staff.

Going back for a week with the whole family over Christmas Holiday.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
SunshineSuitesResort, General Manager at Sunshine Suites Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2018

Brian, it’s such a thrill to hear that our amazing location, terrific amenities, delicious dining and exceptional staff exceeded your expectations. We’re looking forward to seeing you again at the Sunshine Suites Resort in a few months!