All reviews tortuga grill coffee exchange across the street grand cayman pool bar island view resort fee red sail sunset cruise guest rooms rum cake construction noise room upgrade great resort an umbrella water sports partial ocean view
Reviewed 10 April 2018 via mobile

We came as a family of 5, beach is great, hotel is a wow, newly renovated, we had two rooms, one of them is with balcony. The room with balcony is worth the extra dollars. Staff is very friendly , facility is great.
Very well recommended.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank ametwalli
WestinGrandCayman, General Manager at The Westin Grand Cayman Seven Mile Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2018

‘Wowing’ our guests with our recent renovations is certainly exciting, and we’re overjoyed to see you felt so content with your stay. It’s always a pleasure reading about a family’s adventures, and we thank you for sharing your experience. We hope to see you at the Westin Grand Cayman Seven Mile Beach Resort & Spa again soon.

Reviewed 9 April 2018

My family stayed at the Westin last week (Spring/Easter break). We are SPG members so have stayed at multiple Westin's in the US and they are all pretty similar with regards to cleanliness and service. We were expecting a bigger room; they are smaller in size than most resorts but definitely clean. We had great service both housekeeping and bar service. Two negatives that clearly stood out, 1.) The price of drinks, absolutely outrageous and we are pretty sure they added drinks on or someone used our room number (try to keep a tally of what you are purchasing at the bar) 2.) The pool area, they really need to figure out more seating, there is plenty of room for more chairs and of course you get the early birds that get up at 6am and hold their chairs all day. Also, unattended children in the pool area. We would have loved to hang out at the pool bar more but when kids are jumping off the side of the pool or off the bridge and start splashing water into your face/drinks, it's just not that great of a time. I would recommend making one side for adults only and the other for kids.
The beach was great! Plenty of seating and service was good. I don't think they were prepared for the amount of people but held their own.
Some helpful tips!
1.) Breakfast - Go across the street to the Sunshine Grill, best breakfast you will have and reasonably priced. The waffles are HUGE! Not much to look at but the food really is great!
2.) Breakfast or Lunch - Eats across the street, definitely a lot cheaper than the hotel and large menu.
3.) Drinks/Dinner - Go across the street to Legends, we were not so sure about it but the food and service was great.
4.) Dinner - Casanova's, great homemade Italian food on the water.
5.) Excursions - Dolphin discovery, Royal. Best excursion for teens/family and the turtle farm are right across the street.
6.) Make sure you check your bill for both gratuity that is already added and make sure they are charging the correct exchange, we noticed twice that they didn't charge the correct amount.
7.) Be prepared to spend $$$$$$....Bring cash! The taxi's (27 bucks for 4 people to dinner) and public bus (10 bucks for 4 people to dinner) only accept cash.
8.) Don't be shocked with the extra room charges at the end of your stay.
9.) There is a liquor store across the street that will deliver to your room.

Room Tip: Get a room with a balcony/beach view, definitely worth the extra cash.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank ShadeyLady

Your stay sounds absolutely exhilarating! You truly took in so much of what our island has to offer as well as all of the onsite fun at the Westin Grand Cayman Seven Mile Beach Resort & Spa. The details you have outlined will be helpful for future guests, but more importantly, will aid us as we continue to look for new ways to renew our commitment to an outstanding guest experience on every front. We’re excited you had such a great time overall, and hope to see you for another wonderful stay again soon.

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

The lobby is beautifully decorated I popped in for a drink and desert... the live entertainment was pleasant the drink selection was weak they could have added some better mixed choices I ordered an Irish coffee they don’t have an espresso machine so they gave me brewed coffee with a shot of whiskey very terrible to be fair it wasn’t on the menu but I feel that is a basic anyone can put together he even brought a desert for 2 with only 1 spoon he was very polite and curtious but better attention to details are needed here.

I’m still here sitting in the lobby if you guys want to make it better or at least up your game for the next time.

Btw I went to the ritz for the same thing a few days ago and the bill wasn’t that far off up your game guys match that lobby

Stayed: April 2018
1  Thank NatChe2014
WestinGrandCayman, General Manager at The Westin Grand Cayman Seven Mile Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Thank you for your compliments on our recently renovated lobby. Please know that incredible guest service is always our goal, which is why it’s upsetting to see we missed the mark with your experience. We appreciate your letting us know where we can make improvements and hope to have another chance to leave you with an outstanding impression in the future.

Reviewed 1 April 2018

Me and my family had a room on the second floor with an island view. Everyone of the workers there were nice and kind, we made a lot of good friends. This trip would be expensive alone, but due to my father's work company, they paid it off. The water was calm and nice, even in the pool. The pina coladas were great, and all the other drinks as well. My favorite experience was when the governor's cat came down to the restaurant for dinner! The only thing i didn't like was the room service took place a later time i would have liked.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank oceangirl2603
WestinGrandCayman, General Manager at The Westin Grand Cayman Seven Mile Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2018

Our team is so glad you could stay with us while on the Grand Cayman. It’s excellent you had a chance to relax on our beach, as well as by the poolside while enjoying all of the tasty treats we have to offer. Your suggestions are also much appreciated as we strive to keep every aspect of your stay at the Westin Grand Cayman Seven Mile Beach Resort & Spa as perfect as can be. We hope to see you back for another great vacation soon.

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

Stayed for 5 Days. We stayed on the first floor, with access to our pool from our patio. Beautiful view. That’s it.

When my fiancé would go to the bar to grab us drinks, no one ever waited on him. They always went right by him & went to every other person. When I would go to the bar, I’d get asked right away what I needed.

We wanted to rent a cabana on the beach. The gentleman I spoke to said, they were all booked up for the next two days, so we booked one for Thursday. I overheard him talking to a woman by the pool, 10 min later, saying they had availablity that day “Monday”, or any day this week & that she could follow him to make I reservation. Well, he didn’t see me following them, and I stayed close to the towel shack. I overheard him reading off SEVERAL different cabana choices to her & she signed for the last one they had available for that day! Seriously!? I then spoke up & asked him why he told me they didn’t have any 10 min ago & his excuse was “we just had a bunch of cancellations.” Right. Then proceeded to get one booked for us for Wednesday instead of Thursday.

The service on the beach was really good! They give you buzzers and you push it when you need a drink or food! They were quick, super nice, and helpful! Best part of the trip.

The entertainment for the most part was okay. Except for the late nights in the lobby. SO LOUD. & they won’t shut the doors to block the sound until 11pm. AFTER the music is done. Whoever they’re performer was the last night was absolutely horrible! The hallways echo so loudly that you feel like people are constantly running and yelling outside your door. From 4am to 2am. No sleep for light sleepers or children. It was awful.

Room service was great. Quick and nice.

Everything is SO expensive!! $8 for a pb&j. If you’re coming here, make sure you bring A LOT of money.

The bathroom was a disappointment. The sink is HUGE. The sink, not the counter. Left absolutely no space for any of our things! The shower floor was so uncomfortable. It’s not smooth, so it feels like you’re standing on sharp rocks. Definitely not a good feeling.

All in all we came here on a free trip. Never again. I’m glad we didn’t pay for the room, because it was a disappointment. We paid for food, but after realizing how expensive it was, we throttled back & ate out instead of at the resort. It was crowded, loud, obnoxious, and not a relaxing vacation for us. We will not be back.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
4  Thank blkbltbld

We would like to extend our heartfelt apologies for your disappointing experience with us. Please know that your stay does not reflect the high standards that we aim to achieve and your comments will be addressed with our team to ensure we are on top of our game. It is apparent that we missed several opportunities to improve your stay and we sincerely regret the difficulties encountered. We would have liked the opportunity to address these matters during the time of your stay and regret not having the chance to do so. We hope you’ll give us another opportunity to welcome you back in the future.