5,950 results
All reviewsanchor denveranda restaurantturtle lagooncrepescourtyard viewgrand caymanlobster nightreef ballsfishartificial reefcotton candygelatored sailresort feeall you can eatacross the streetan umbrella
Reviewed 29 May 2017

On May 18th through the 24th of this year(2017), my lady friend, her 16 year old daughter and I stayed at the Grand Cayman Marriott Beach Resort on the island of Grand Cayman and our experience there was nothing short of ideal. From the moment we checked in, which was early in the afternoon, the friendliness of the staff to the on site presentation of the property were par excellence. I am a gold member of the Marriott rewards program and used reward points to cover our stay at this very fine establishment. Every effort was made by the very courteous young lady Daniella at the front desk, to accommodate our desire to have a high floor room with either an ocean front or ocean view room, but unfortunately, the only available accommodation was a high floor garden view, which actually turned out to our liking. The resort was booked to full capacity, but Daniella did her best to give us what we were hoping would be a great room with a nice view. The courtesy of the staff was outstanding throughout our entire stay and we were always reminded never to hesitate voicing our concerns if there was anything that we wanted or had any question about during our stay. A special shoutout to Brando and Daniel who manned the main entrance to the facility for their constant attention to our needs and for their going above and beyond by making the effort to remember my name and always address me accordingly. Not only was the service and attention to our needs first rate, the facility itself was very clean and presentable. The welcome refreshments by the front desk made us feel very welcome and appreciated for our patronage to Marriott. The room was on a high floor and overlooked the garden area which hosted a turtle pool and lush greenery with areas for relaxing and enjoying the comfortable surroundings. The room itself was clean and secure with amenities such as a room safe, a very nice HD television, clean, fresh bedding, a small refrigerator and coffee maker with in house blends of coffee for our early morning pick me up. The beach area in front of the resort was always clean and well kept. One of our waiters on the beach, Neil, was always attentive and made the effort to remember all our names and address us accordingly. This in itself, made us feel very welcome and important as guests of the resort. We mostly dined off site, but the times that we did dine at the resort at the Anchor and Den restaurant, the food was superb and the service excellent. A special shoutout to Carlos, one of the restaurant's managers for his service and consideration in making our dining experience that much more enjoyable and memorable. When our allotted time for vacation was at an end, we really wished we could have stayed a few more days at this fine resort. Unfortunately, duty calls and we had to return stateside to our respective fields of employ. Overall, our stay at the Grand Cayman Marriott Beach resort was absolutely fantastic and we would be hard pressed to find anything that we could say about this resort in any kind of negative light. At checkout, the young lady at the front desk, Pauline, thanked us for our patronage and made us feel appreciated for being a part of the Marriott family of guests and owners within the reward points program. I can definitely say with the utmost confidence that when we return to the Cayman Islands, we will be sure to stay with Marriott at this fine resort once more. Thanks guys and gals for making our vacation a memorable and enjoyable experience that we will cherish for many years to come.

Room Tip: Book early.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Marriott_GrandCayman, General Manager at Grand Cayman Marriott Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2017

Dear Purposeful_Tourist31, thank you for leaving a detailed review. We appreciate your generous comments about our outstanding facilities and friendly staff.

As you know Grand Cayman is a place like no other. From the moment you step off the plane and take in the salty Caribbean breeze to the instant you sit back in your beach chair – a connection to this island is made. This is the place where time stands still. There is no need to wear a watch or keep an eye on the clock. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your time in paradise!

Thanks for choosing us as your Beach House in Cayman and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 28 May 2017

Before our trip I read a lot of reviews. The amazing ones are all true. I don't even know where to begin but can sum up all by saying after traveling to some amazing places in my life and staying at some fabulous hotels - NOTHING COMPARES TO THIS!! I wish I had asked to meet the management team to congratulate them on running a first class hotel with the most amazing staff I have ever met. To say that they made us feel so special, is a huge understatement. From the moment we arrived - special shout out to Omar and Andre at the front door! Front desk staff also awesome, calls to check on us were hugely appreciated - the amazing Anchor and Den coffee staff were lovely, Conrad and Rakeesh (I hope I have that second name right) took unbelievable care of us at the beach but honestly everyone did. I run a tiny business and while I strive to provide customer service I fall so far short of what I received this last week. Congrats and a real heartfelt thank you from me. You made my trip with my kids more special than we could have imagined. A fews notes to future travelers - ocean front suite was spectacular and worth every penny! Especially if traveling with a family. We have more room than we could have every used, 3 ocean front balconies, heard the waves all night, two bathrooms, just unreal. Also - go to Camana Bay! We stumbled upon it and loved everything there! I really do recommend the $5 catamaran to rum point for dinner - just a great different evening activity. But getting back to the Marriott - restaurants and bars were all great!!! Our server at the beach - her name begins with an M (I am horrible at this) anyway - she was also fabulous and Marianne at the vista bar restaurant was, too. I have to stop now. I have so many more great things to say - like even the beach bathroom was nice!! Okay - stay here. Better than the Ritz, Kimpton, Westin. Best beach - pool floats were unreal! I really cannot wait to go back.

Room Tip: Ocean front suite - worth it!
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank _zac17k
Marriott_GrandCayman, General Manager at Grand Cayman Marriott Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2017

Dear_zac17k, thank you for your generous review. We appreciate your kind comments about our first-class hotel and amazing staff.

Here in Cayman, we are all about enjoying the island’s endless summer. Our aim is to evoke the happy nostalgia of summer – a time when life is bright and carefree. We do our best to provide guests with the ultimate Beach House experience by creating a fun and relaxing atmosphere where family and friends can reunite, reconnect and spend quality time together. We are all about bringing you back to that summer state of mind. Because for us, summer isn’t just a season but a way of life!

Thanks for choosing Marriott and we hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 28 May 2017 via mobile

Grand Cayman Marriott Beach Resort is a great family hotel. The staff are extremely friendly and efficient. The resort are meticulous clean. The food is excellent and you will have a lot of activities for kids and adults. Kids clubs, free water sports activities, awesome drinks and smoothies. Games room and much more. My family and I highly recommend the Marriott to anyone who would like to have a great experience in the Cayman Islands. We want to mention few people that always do the best and more. Front desk: Nicolas, Noelia and Caleb. Scott, Nelson front doors, From the restaurant Archor & Den: Carlos, Abbie and Mirna. These people are fantastic and always make us special. Great customer service and happy to assist you!! Visited May 2017

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Leonard H

Dear Leonard H, thank you for your review. We appreciate your generous comments about our excellent food, efficient staff, fun activities and great family-friendly atmosphere.

I am also delighted to hear that your children enjoyed our Kids Club. Kathryn and her team do a fantastic job entertaining our junior guests. At our resort, we offer our families something different rather than having a Kids Club where children just end up watching movies and playing video games. We thought about all the activities that we used to enjoy from our childhood and chose things that families could do together such as spending time around a bonfire and making S’mores and stargazing on the beach. Our aim was to make it less about technology and more about re-connection.

Thank you for choosing us as your home in paradise and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 28 May 2017 via mobile

The Marriott was not a disappointment. Located on 7 mile beach, it was serene. Honorable mention to the doormen, Omar & Nelson. Greeting us each day with a beautiful smile and so very helpful with directions. Luca, the bartender, what a wonderful addition to any venue. He was an absolute joy and made our trip extra special. His bartending class was a blast and so accommodating, wow. The Marriott is lucky to have these gentlemen. I wanted to bring them all home with me. Thank you so much you guys.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank TNEdie

Dear TNEdie, thank you for your review. We appreciate your kind comments about our serene location and friendly staff.

As ‘customers’ ourselves, we always take note of what impresses us during our own travel experiences and we apply these positive details to our jobs. Our approach to customer service is very personalised and what we aim to offer is a more boutique hotel experience, where guests are called by their name and they are treated like friends. I will make sure to pass on your compliments to Omar, Nelson and Luca – they will all be happy to hear that they made a lasting impression.

Thanks again for choosing us as your Beach House in paradise and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 28 May 2017

Our family very much enjoyed our stay. Everyone goes out of their way to make you feel at home and really try to please. I'd expect this level at a Ritz, but this place is on that level. The staff are gracious and lovely. It was a little frustrating to not have guaranteed double beds before we arrived having booked online and not knowing this would be an issue, but in the end, they came through and on top of it helped get a convenient room to the pool (maybe because I'm a Silver Elite member). There is fantastic safe snorkeling right offshore. I saw a spiny lobster, 2 kinds of stingray and numerous types of fish. I ended up buying my own snorkel though, because the ones they provided were inflexible and didn't work for me. We also went paddleboarding and used their GoPros (go down there though at 6:30-6:45 am to line up to get one). The food here is very good but pretty expensive, so when we needed a break, we went across the street to the other 2 restaurants. However, there are less expensive options in the lobby, especially for breakfast. There also was a mini mart within walking distance where we picked up things like my kids milk. The kids had some activities every day, although I could have used a full day Kids Club, which they don't have. Smores/bonfire on the beach twice a week were great and quality live music nightly. Bring mosquito repellant for the nights, those bugs give nasty long lasting bites. Nonetheless, I thought it was well worth it and my kids thought it was the best place we'd ever visited. We'll be back!

Room Tip: If you have little kids, stay on the pool side. if you want it quieter stay on the other side.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank leezaa

Dear leezaa, thank you so much for your positive feedback. We appreciate your generous comments about our gracious and lovely staff, fantastic snorkelling right off our beachfront, good food and fun activities.

Our aim is to provide the ultimate Beach House experience and along with our unique design and beautiful décor, we offer a one-of-its-kind culinary experience as well a fun activity program for guests of all ages, including beach bonfires, movie screenings under the stars and star gazing with the Cayman Islands Astronomical Society. We want to help cultivate experiences and memories that will stay with our guests long after the vacation is over.

Thanks for choosing Marriott and we hope to welcome you back again soon.