All reviews private beach boat trip big house home away from home heaven on earth the sir francis drake housekeeping staff virgin islands anita ft accommodations beaches tortola caribbean porch books caves
Reviewed 10 May 2017

Fort Recovery was a great place for my annual mother/son trip. The staff was very friendly, and the room set up allowed for one person to sleep while another was awake. We made our breakfast every day in the unit, which was cleaned daily.... my son enjoyed sitting on the back deck reading his book while watching the boats, birds, weather go by. Quiet and peaceful.... just what we were looking for. The location was perfect... close to the ferry, a great bakery, a little supermarket, just over the mountain (and what fun we had driving) to beautiful beaches. My only regret is we didn't have more time to hang out on the property and enjoy what it had to offer, we were too busy exploring!

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank garetanne
Fort R, Front Office Manager at Fort Recovery Beachfront Villa & Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2017

Thank you very much for your review and am glad to hear you and your son made the most of your time here and on Tortola. We hope to see you both again!

Reviewed 3 May 2017

We were on a business trip for a photoshoot in the BVI and we looked for a nice and affordable place to stay with the staff, agency people and clients. And we found our happiness at Fort Recovery Resort Villa Hotel. We booked a huge 8 bedroom Villa with an amazing view on the bay and the green islands, with a direct access to a private beach, therefore having a swim anytime was expected. A lovely wooden pontoon made our stay even more gracious, as it played an important part in our photoshoot. The service was top-notch: the place was always cleaned, neat and prepared for day and night. Each bedroom has its own bathroom, so you share a villa with all the advantages of a hotel. They provide with breakfast and dinners, the restaurant is across the swimming pool, which is very nice. And everybody was extremely nice, welcoming and available. You can ask for pretty much anything and they provide it or make it happen or answer it. For instance, we had a dinner party to organize on a very short notice, the following night, and they put it together perfectly, provided with service, decoration and food. Everybody had a great stay, we highly recommend the place and we thank them again for their kindness and welcome.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Curiosity48215
Fort R, Front Office Manager at Fort Recovery Beachfront Villa & Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2017

Thank you very kindly for the review and it was truly a pleasure having you stay with us. We hope that your shoot turned out the way you wanted, and would love to have you stay with us again in the future!

Reviewed 30 April 2017

Spacious, comfortable and clean suite, peaceful location right on the beach, lots of privacy, excellent service, every member of the hotel team is very friendly. You feel like home. I highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Pavel_2380

Thank you for your review Pavel, it was a pleasure having you and hope to see you again in the future next time you are on Tortola.

Reviewed 22 April 2017

I thought I had "reviewed" as soon as we arrived home but see it was never posted!!
This place is paradise!! The staff, the extraordinary cleanliness, the food, the pool, the beach....heaven!!!!
Our party was a mixed bag, some raced the Regatta....2 of us enjoyed the wonderful ambiance of Fort Recovery!! The biggest decision..."pool or beach".
I have read a few of the reviews and always wondering what exactly people want when they go away....I trust some are those who won't buy a home because they don't like the paint color of one room,,,,,
I would return in a second.....relaxing' truly lovely get away!!!!

Room Tip: They all seem great!!
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank kathleenamrein

Thank you for the review. Very glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us to the fullest, and hope you stay with us again next time!

Reviewed 4 April 2017

What a wonderful time my husband and I had at this beautiful resort. I cannot say enough about the accommodations, the staff, the delicious food, and the peacefulness.
We met other guests who felt the same way we do; that there is just something about
this place that is hard to put into words. It's just a feeling you have when you are there.
To be steps from the ocean and watch the boats, the sunsets, the pelicans, etc. You get relaxed beyond belief. The boat trip to the Willie T and going snorkeling at the Caves; it just seems like you are in one big fairy tale that you never want to end.
Our thank you to the owner Anita for making us feel like family and accommodating us with having dinner for us upon our late arrival. Good byes are always tough because you just don't want to leave. Also thanks to the office staff who helped us get our lost luggage, and cleaning staff who had our room impeccable every day and to Cici for the delicious food she prepared for us. Everyone there is just great and hoping we can return next year!!!!

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dkny25
Anita M, Owner at Fort Recovery Beachfront Villa & Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2017

I can not tell you how great it makes us feel here at Fort Recovery Beachfront Suites and Villa Hotel, that you enjoyed your selves so very much, and to give us all the recognition you gave to us. I can't take the credit for Mother Natures contribution to the setting, and I do cherish that myself, especially the great sunsets, the fabulous Caribbean sea and the sounds she makes. Non of my doings.....She is a real help and puts on a great show. So, she thanks you as well, however, you were great guests, full of love and life and we were sad to see you go. I felt that you were family, and thank you for sharing that feeling with us. Hope to meet you again and offer you same enjoyment we all felt.