All reviews private beach boat trip big house home away from home heaven on earth the sir francis drake housekeeping staff virgin islands anita ft accommodations beaches tortola caribbean porch books caves
Reviewed 1 April 2017

Our family enjoyed a most wonderful holiday in the BVI! Fort Recovery was like a luxurious water-front home away from home for the two weeks that we were lucky enough to be there! Having our own kitchens made it a pleasure to dine in and we especially loved leisurely sipping our morning coffee's while watching the boats sail by on the big decks overlooking the Sir Francis Drake Channel.

We spent hours reading our books on the beach and floating in the crystal clear water. Afternoons, we dipped in the pool and napped in the shade- HEAVEN ON EARTH!

The management and staff went out of their way to be welcoming and accommodating- we can not wait to return!

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Theresa145
Fort R, Manager at Fort Recovery Beachfront Villa & Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2017

So glad to hear you enjoyed your time here. Thank you for the lovely review and hope to have you stay with us again!

Reviewed 28 March 2017 via mobile

Great views, close to good food, nice stay. Close to the ferry, sailing activities, and car rentals. There is also a good market right down the road. We had a great time, and enjoyed the breakfast. We were sad to leave. Thanks! -Marissa & Mike

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Marissa K
Fort R, Front Office Manager at Fort Recovery Beachfront Villa & Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2017

Thank you Marissa and Mike it was a pleasure having you stay with us. Hope to have you both again!

Reviewed 27 February 2017

My husband and I ended up at Fort Recovery as a result of missing our cruise ship. Luckily we had travel insurance and were instructed to get a flight to the first port the cruiseship would be at and we could meet up there. I researched a place for us to stay on Tortola by reading reviews on trip advisor and came up with Fort Recovery for us to stay at. Being at that location did something for me that no other vacation in my whole life has ever done! we were almost the only guests at the whole resort. The accommodations were clean, The staff was always available but not ever pestering. there were many times we found ourselves down by the water sitting in the chairs at the beach all by ourselves or out at the dock or by the swimming pool alone. It was so laid back and peaceful. Our evening meals were some of the best food we've ever hadin our lives! They were prepared by CiCi and cooked to order. we ate on the veranda of the restaurant with Marvin Gaye music playing in the background and tiny twinkling lights and surrounded by lush foliage. It was a memory that will always stay in both of our minds. We had such a wonderful experience that we are trying to figure out a way that we can someday return to Fort recovery. I was so positively impacted by our stay there that the first evening we got on the cruise ship I was in tears crying because I wanted to go back to Fort recovery. I cannot say enough positive things about staff, the total environment and fort recovery as a whole! We were in tortola for three days and two nights.

Room Tip: We stayed in Penthouse 4
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank KarenH8054
Anita M, Owner at Fort Recovery Beachfront Villa & Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2017

It wouldn't be nice to say "that I am glad that you stayed at Fort Recovery Beachfront Suites and Villa, and not glad you missed your cruise you planned. but overjoyed that you did and still made the cruise experience." So you had both. and that is good. We are more than delighted that you did enjoy our hotel and we enjoyed you as well. You too were delightful people and felt so good that you were so happy with everything. I really hope to see you again and once more thank you for all the wonderful thing you said about us. Keep in touch with us on our Facebook page and would love you to be our friend forever.

Reviewed 14 February 2017

We REALLY wanted this place to work for us. We have a LONG history with the area; West End Tortola BVI...I mean seriously long way back to 1968 - So when we stayed there in 2016 I was hopeful. What can I say? Quaint should not be overpriced with poor, lackadaisical service. We ended our bareboat charter and spent one night there in two separate rooms for the 6 of us. Great views but we were ready for some easy dinner and a good shower. Both disappointing. I HATE giving bad reviews but this palce should be sold soon and converted to CONDOS. Skip it and stay in town. BTW ---- This place is 45 minutes away on bad, scary roads!

Stayed: March 2016
3  Thank F Thomas C
Anita M, Manager at Fort Recovery Beachfront Villa & Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2017

I am so sorry that you found things so disappointing. We really do try to please people as much as we can, with the help of mother nature being on our side. Perhaps having an extra person in a one bedroom suite may have been a little crowded since it consists of a patio, living-dining area, fully equipped kitchen bedroom and bath. The rooms are suites, not apartments or they would have larger closets and storage space. It was a good idea but it wouldn't work. I didn't known what you meant by "Quaint" but it could mean "cute", and after spending so much on the furnishings and by one of the better designers from New York, I am really sorry you didn't like it and Thank you if you did. It was only a one night stay, and if you accept another stay as my guest, I would be very happy if you would give us another chance and make it up to you. I am very sorry for the discomfort about the lack of service and I am distressed about it and did bring it up to the staff. Thank you for your patience.

Reviewed 10 February 2017

A perfectly wonderful 9-day stay, on the quieter Caribbean side of the island. Fort Recovery is a wonderful place in itself, private, very nicely appointed, unfussy, and, thanks to Anita and her exceptionally helpful and friendly staff, very well run. It's also a very short drive to the Atlantic side, with its restaurants (especially D Coalpot) and an array of other beaches, starting with Smuggler's Cove. Heading the other way, it's a spectacularly beautiful drive to Roadtown, which is well worth visiting for its museums and roti shops and just a feel of real life on the islands. Tortola offers a more varied set of experiences than most of the Caribbean, and Fort Recovery is an ideal place from which to take it all in -- or just lounge around,

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank seanwilentz
Anita M, Owner at Fort Recovery Beachfront Villa & Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2017

Thank you, Thank you.....I am so glad that you had a wonderful stay and that you enjoyed the Caribbean Sea. Our staff never gets tired of hearing that the guests appreciate them. It always helps so much when you notice the effort made. I truly thank you for that great remark. I'm glad you found D'Coalpot Restaurant because it is one of my favorite ones also. You certainly hit a great many wonderful spots. Please keep in touch with us if you can, especially on our facebook and see the up to date news and offers we may have in Tortola and here.