See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 13 September 2017

Unfortunately I paid in advance for my stay which would have been over the period that Irma devastated the BVI. Fortunately I was able to evacuate, in the last seat on the last flight out of Tortola. When I contacted Hotels.com to try to get a refund using the confirmation # they claimed to have no record. I am out $600 plus $150 for the additional night I booked directly with Hotels.com that they had on record but could not get authorization from the Village Cay to refund. Ya think! Worse in all of this is that at no time did I receive an notification of the imminent arrival of Irma from the Village Cay, Hotels.com or TripAdvisor. Sad that I am being asked to review the ongoing BVI catastrophe caused by Irma. The insensitivity of computers! It may take years for this hotel and Tortola to come back.

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank jimijoy
Reviewed 16 August 2017

The hotel is well positioned for the business traveller, being pretty central for most things in Road Town. Although not a modern hotel the rooms are clean and comfortable enough! However the bathrooms are a little tired and in need of refurbishment. Food is reasonably priced and is of standard fare.

Room tip: Marina view rooms are better.
Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank j_marchant54
Reviewed 4 August 2017 via mobile

Rooms are average. Initially my first room A-1 AC unit was broke and I told the receptionist and she told men she would call to have it fixed. I explored town for an hour returned to the hotel and she said she couldn't contact anyone. I asked her to switch my room and she said she would have to charge. I told her plainly that I had no baring on the AC unite not working and inside the room 109 degrees Fahrenheit. She called maintenance again and was immediately able to speak to someone who said they would be over in 10 minutes. I had already at that point been waiting 2 hours in a small lobby for AC Repair. Needless to say 3 hours later in total I was placed in another room with no additional charges. Bummer. On the bright side the food and bar service were pretty good.

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank auqeT P
Reviewed 11 July 2017

Hotel appearance is a tad shabby, however, it is undergoing a small revamp at the moment. Rooms has clean and very comfortable, staff are very friendly and accommodating. Pool clean and inviting - nice vibe!

Room tip: Rooms facing the Marina have a great view.
Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
VillageCay, Manager at Village Cay BVI Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2017

Thank you for your feedback.

We are delighted that your stayed with us. To get greater satisfaction from our guests like yourself, we are using this time to do some renovations and additions to the property and by extension, the rooms also. We are working assiduously on the projects so that on your next visit, you will be happy with the improvement.

Reviewed 24 June 2017

I recently stayed at this hotel, and the seaview rooms were quite good for the price paid. It was a typically hot day, but unfortunately they didn't switch the air conditioning on in the room prior to arrival. And considering the room was under the roof, it was extremely unpleasant. I appreciate they may want to save on energy bills, but could have put on an average temperature, not saying it had to be cold in there.
The seaview rooms was spacious, large bed, good desk, fridge (again, why didn't they put the complementary water in the fridge?), and had a view over the marina and mountains. Windows are now very soundproof, so can be bit noisy. Bathroom is showing its age. But based on room, would stay again.
However, I will need to take a deep breath before booking again, as the service was some of the poorest seen in a long time. When I contacted the hotel via their website, they never responded, even now a month after the first enquiry. When I rang them I managed to book a room. They told me the price of the room, and as I have been to BVI many times, I did ask whether this included all local taxes. "Yes Sir, that includes everything". As I was a bit surprised, I asked a second time at the end of the call "Yes, Sir, taxes are included". Guess what, I turn up at the hotel, get the invoice with the price they mentioned on the phone and 17% added on top! Of course, as I didn't have written proof (they never sent the email they promised), I couldn't do anything about it.
But it seems to be a bit the trick at Village Cay. When we ordered food at lunchtime, they mentioned the "Combo deal", meal with a drink. So we ordered one of the combo meals with a soft drink. And when the bill came we were told that a coca cola doesn't qualify for the offer. Another example of really poor customer service, as they could have told us when ordering.
Seems a real shame, as could have been a great stay, but everything got spoiled by one bit of terrible customer service after another.

Room tip: Seaview rooms have benefit of view over marina, standard rooms just look out over corridor.
Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
VillageCay, Manager at Village Cay BVI Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2017

Hello Droesje,

Thank you for your letter.

Your information came to us a shock since we have raised our service level to a very high standard and have gotten great reviews from past guests who stayed with us. However, we have highlighted your comments and will definitely work to correct them.

We look forward to see you again.