All reviews ferry dock within walking distance city view short walk from the ferry nice hotel business trip restaurant and bar area business center third floor ocean view room nice pool coffee maker room was large cooper island mini fridge following morning sailing trip
Reviewed 4 January 2018

You have to understand not one...two CATEGORY FIVE (5) hurricanes hit this island...the fact that this hotel is even standing says a lot about it's quality...especially since the government building next door is still under repairs 5 months later. The new rules are Breakfast from 7-10am, Lunch from 11-3pm, and Dinner from 5-8:30pm. Was very limiting to me, but I worked around it, rooms are still comfortable, amazingly enough the wifi works, and the service is still excellent. Well done on staying strong, you are an inspiration...#BVIstrong

Date of stay: December 2017
7  Thank TriniRandy86
Reviewed 15 September 2017 via mobile

Very beautiful hotel. The rooms were nice and large enough for my husband and I....What a view from your balcony....Very convenient spot where you can walk too and from the ferry to go STT or Virgin Gorda...

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 September 2017

You have to see it for your self, if you are looking for your home away from home you have to say at the best Hotel in BVI ,My company has been staying they from 2010 unit now I go hey 3 time a year for work , that my home you when you travel and book a room the bed does not feel right, well let me tell you something the font desk to the room and when you open the door wow I am home bed it so nice it make you over slept . Hotel ...............so clean Thanks Maria and staff for making stay is excellent one

Date of stay: February 2017
Reviewed 19 August 2017

BVI is very protective towards its home grown businesses. There are no foreign brands on the island (no KFC, Maccers, BK, Marriott, Hilton, SPG.....) which I guess is to protect local businesses. It also means that the standards are not as high as they might be, because there is so little competition. Having said that, my weeks stay was pleasant and unremarkable in equal amounts. My room was large and clean, with a great bathroom/shower and it looked onto the harbour. I only took breakfast in the hotel because there were pubs/restaurants within walking distance. These got a bit crowded when a cruise ship was in port, but that was nothing to complain about.

I will stay there again on my next visit.

Date of stay: February 2017
1  Thank Nigel H
Reviewed 7 August 2017

I stayed in the newer part of the hotel and have to say was very impressed with the room. Clean, chilled and very presentable.

It's located close to the sea, hence the name, which makes it easy for you to go to restaurants outside the hotel restaurant which is pricey, the receptionist was able to tell me where I could eat, close to where I needed to attend my business functions and close to shopping stores especially at Pier Park.

Restaurant staff were friendly and willing to provide an efficient service and this also goes to the housekeeping service too. The receptionist were available when they were needed and helpful at all times. All staff at Maria's are very courteous.

The only down point for Maria's, one day when it was raining and elevators were down, had to use the stairs but when reaching the 2nd floor, I realized that the stairs go outside but there was no shelter from the rain. This is the only improvement I hope the hotel takes into consideration.

Would use this hotel again.

Date of stay: July 2017