Nanny Cay Marina & Hotel
  • Beachfront
  • Pool
Fort Burt Hotel(Road Town)
  • Pool
Sea View Hotel(Road Town)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsbeach bardive shopgreat poolmega yachtsnice cafeopen air restaurantcomfortable bedscoffee makergreat air conditioninggrocery storerooms are largesailing charteron site restaurantsecond floormini fridgerental carlegs
Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

We reserved via Hotels.com and I am sure we got the worst room. No hot water, various bugs, dark room, customer service was Null other than Jillian who was very nice. The rooster at 5am was horrible! I would not stay here again. I will say that the security guard at the pool and the bar guys at the pool were super nice and helpful!!!

Stayed: August 2017
Management response:Responded 21 August 2017

I am sorry to hear about your experience. I believe the maintenance person came each time it was reported, to check the hot water and it was working. The rooms are a little dark due to the natural hardwood ceilings, helping to keep the rooms cooler. All rooms on the ground floor have the same amount of light. I know you had requested a room with king bed but as we discussed prior to us confirming your reservation online, all Standard rooms only have two double beds, and you agreed to go ahead and book our lead in standard room. With regards to the bugs, unfortunately the island had very recently received a lot of heavy rain (did you see all the damage around the territory) and therefore there has been a major increase of hatched bugs all over the island. We, along with the government, are working to reduce them again, with regular fogging (spray) as well as the mosquito traps we keep on our property. I'm glad you found our receptionist, Jillian, friendly and helpful as well as the pool and bar staff.

Reviewed 20 July 2017 via mobile

We stayed a couple of days at the resort after wrapping up our 8 days of sailing the Islands on our Cat. It was a great spot to get our land legs back as there was plenty of space to roam, whether heading over to the beach, walking around the marina or visiting the many shops nearby.

Our first room left something to be desired. We had a lower level unit, which would have been ok, but we found it to be rather dark and confined (we're a family of 5) and the floor was dirty. After going back to the front desk and -- mildly -- complaining -- they moved us straight away to a more spacious and nicer 2nd floor room (thank you front desk peeps!!).

The room had a coffee maker, microwave, and mini fridge and a small dining table and two chairs. Being upstairs, we also had a very spacious covered patio.

The resort itself is attached to the marina. There's a arge pool with an adjacent palapa hut bar and a very nice, (covered but) open air restaurant that we dined at a couple of times.

Both times we visited the restaurant (one day for lunch and the next evening for dinner) the service was excellent and our meals were perfect.

Lunch provided for a more casual experience as we all pretty much dived into our burgers, that were really quite good.

Dinner was also very, very good. Menu offered a wide variety of items, even for the kids. Service was excellent and being near the beach and the marina provided for a wonderful atmosphere.

Nanny Cay may not be the most lavish place to stay on the Island, but we enjoyed a really good rate (that we booked months in advance), and the amenities were great between the pool, beach and restaurant. I will definitely consider staying here again the next time we go sailing.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 21 July 2017

Thanks for your detailed review. We are always delighted to hear about our staff and how they enhanced your stay. I'm also happy you were able to make use of the facilities and enjoyed the beach bar and pool as well as the restaurants. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

Hotel is "ok" .... no frills. Grounds are very pretty and there are a few shops to explore. Pool area is very nice for family with kids. Beach is just steps away from the pool area. However the beach is Rocky when you get in the water. Prices on drinks and food is pretty reasonable. Food is good. Rooms .... not up to my standards but I can handle it for a night or two.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 12 July 2017

Thanks for your review. I'm glad you had a good stay at Nanny Cay and enjoyed the facilities at the resort. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 5 June 2017 via mobile

Been here many times. As the waiter stated " the best breakfast on the island". There's a little outdoor cafe smack in the middle of the marina. They cater to the sailors. When you tour the island by car be sure to stop here for "the best breakfast on the island". There's also a couple of nice shop you can browse through after you've filled up. Not to mention checking out all the yachts and dont miss out on a quick dip or stroll along the mostly deserted beach at the far end of the marina.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 6 June 2017

Thanks Kevin, we are happy you enjoy visiting Nanny Cay and eating at the Cafe. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 4 May 2017

This was not a place I would normally have chosen, but as part of a group, I was obligated to stay here. I was very pleasantly surprised. The property is small and isn't fancy by any means, but the rooms are clean and comfortable. I liked the Caribbean charm in the wood details and shutters in the rooms as well as the traditional Caribbean ceilings. You will definitely realize you've left the city when the roosters crow just before dawn each morning! Bring earplugs if this will wake you.
The rooms are not directly on the beach, but the restaurant/bar and pool are. Guests must walk down the quay and over a little bridge to reach the property's on-site beach bar and restaurant, but it's a quick walk and these were great places to hang out and grab a drink or bite to eat. I enjoyed the beach and pool area even though they were on the smaller side and not really a "resort" style. I loved the close proximity to the marina and the charter base. The restaurant down the quay was another great surprise. Definitely don't expect luxury, but I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a marina view
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank BeachSwan
Management response:Responded 5 May 2017

Thank you for your informative review. We are glad you had a good stay at Nanny Cay and found our value and service worth five and four stars respectively. We hope you'll have the opportunity to visit us again soon.