Lowest prices for your stay
US$1,085
View deal
Hotels.com
Expedia
FindHotel
Trip.com
2,180 results
All reviews cane bar great room bayside restaurant sugar beach sugar mill grand luxury villa sushi rainforest spa butler service plunge pool st lucia beachfront bungalow our honeymoon beach bar dinner reservations sunset cruise meal plan
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

What an absolutely incredible week at Sugar beach. Upon arrival we were notified that the resort was granting myself and my wife a room upgrade which was such a surprise and a great way to begin our trip. The butler service team was top notch. Extremely attentive and they all went out of their way to make everyday special.

The entire resort was beautifully crafted abd designed. It felt like heaven on earth. The service was arguably the best we’ve ever experienced and the food was phenomenal. We were there for an entire week. Couldn’t leave the resort to dine anywhere else and did not come close to experiencing a less than stellar meal. From the cocktails to dessert.

Everything was amazing and we cannot wait to come back some day.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Mark Sterner, General Manager at Sugar Beach, A Viceroy Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Good Day Mike_Pak83,

Happy Anniversary from all of us at Sugar Beach! We enjoyed reading your feedback and we are happy to know that your time spent with us was everything you imagined.

We are glad that you appreciated the room upgrade and thoroughly enjoyed all of our offerings.

On behalf of the entire team, we are looking forward to welcoming you back to our oceanfront oasis to celebrate many more anniversaries to come.

Best Regards

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

When researching resorts, the photos of Sugar Beach won me over instantly. What I discovered upon arrival was that most of the fantastic photos were of the extremely expensive villas ($6,000 plus / night). The villa that my wife and I stayed in had zero views of the Pitons / ocean. Very disappointing for spending $1,000 / night. Do some extra research to understand the difference between a photo of a baller villa and common areas that you can actually visit.

Hotel layout - If you are considering staying here, study a map of the resort before you book and figure out exactly where your villa will be. What I wasn’t prepared for was that the only way to get from our villa to anywhere else on the resort was to call for a shuttle. The shuttle service was hit or miss and took a while to get anywhere you wanted to go (breakfast, beach, etc). Imagine taking 10 minutes to get from your villa to the beach only to find out that you forgot something in your villa and then spending another 20 minutes to go back and forth again to get it. Kind of annoying.

Food / Drinks - Let me just say that I have absolutely no issue spending a lot of money on food and drinks while on vacation. This being said, even I thought the price of food / drinks at this resort was ridiculous. Just for two people, we ended up spending over $500 per day and that was being very frugal (limited drinks and skipping meals just to save money). Not what you should have to do on vacation.

Staff - The only bright spot of this resort. Staff was friendly and attentive.

Overall, I would recommend staying at the Jade Mountain Resort instead. If you’re going to end up paying upwards of $1,500 per day (at the low end), you may as well spend an extra couple hundred dollars and get a truly epic experience. I wish I had.

Date of stay: April 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank 933scottj
Mark Sterner, General Manager at Sugar Beach, A Viceroy Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Good Day Scott J,

Thank you for providing feedback on your stay at Sugar Beach, A Viceroy Resort. We appreciate you sharing your highlights as well as comments about the areas that concerned you.

The resort is situated between the two Pitons in a UNESCO World Heritage site. All villas are built within the rainforest and have views of the natural beauty of the area. We are surprised about your review above as this is not a comment we typically receive. The resort offers many categories to our guests to choose which includes the Cottages, Villas, multi bedroom residences which are located along the hillside, Luxury Beachfront Bungalows which are located directly on the white sands, and the Luxury and Superior Luxury Sugar Mill rooms that are in the heart of the resort, only a short walking distance to the beach and main facilities.

I am sorry if you found the prices for our food and beverage more expensive that you had anticipated. Because of our island location, many items are imported, which means shipping costs and relevant duties have to be factored into our pricing. We continually review all of our food and beverage menus to ensure there is a broad and affordable selection to suit all budgets and palates.

I am glad that despite your highlighted concerns, the special touches provided by our team helped to make your stay memorable. We all are thankful for your feedback and hope to welcome you back.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

What an amazing hotel and delightful staff!
I was picked up from the airport by "Boat"(The name of my driver) the 40 mins smooth ride to the hotel was the beginning of what was to come, thank you Boat for our wonderful conversion en route, i now know all about St Lucia as if I lived on the island all my life. Upon arrival the hotel security team took our temperature and sanitized our hands and car, I was then driven to the most spectacular villa with a magnificent ocean view. The room was spotless. Clean and Fresh the attention to detail from the housekeeping team was remarkable, thank you Mary and Lidya for looking after me during my stay, covid protocols were paramount to the housekeeping team Well done and thank you again.
The restaurants on the property are fabulous. Breakfast,Lunch and Dinner were delicious.The Friday night BBQ was fun and the food was stunning full of flavors, for Lunch I would highly recommend the Asian Poached shrimp salad with a glass of rose wine. The staff throughout the resort was superb so many wonderful people to name... unfortunately all good things come to an end and after calculating my finances to see if i could stay in my Villa for the rest of my life I had to Leave!!
My check out was done effortlessly perfect in every way, Thank you Efe for making my stay at the Sugar beach such a remarkable experience your hotel was a piece of Heaven! I would recommend this hotel to anybody looking for a 5* plus experience go go go as soon as you can!

Date of stay: February 2021

Good Day elz1607,

Thank you for sharing this wonderful feedback about your vacation at Sugar Beach, A Viceroy Resort.

I am delighted that you enjoyed everything from your accommodation to the delicious dishes in our restaurants.

It is also heart-warming to know that Boat, Mary, Lydia, Efe and the team went above and beyond to ensure your stay was memorable right from the start.

Again thank you for posting your positive comments. We hope to welcome you back to Sugar Beach, A Viceroy Resort soon.

Reviewed 31 March 2021

We enjoyed our 7 day stay! Celebrating 30 yrs of marriage. The cottages were perfect for relaxation and privacy. Thoroughly enjoyed the private pool and outdoor area. The beach was easy to get to and loved all the amenities. Food was exquisite. Fruits and vegetables had so much flavor! The service was outstanding

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Good Day Tourist47778166938,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Sugar Beach, A Viceroy resort to celebrate such a wonderful milestone.

It is pleasing to read that every aspect of your stay, from the privacy of your cottage to the amenities we offer at the resort, met your expectations.

Thank you once more for sharing your feedback. We hope to welcome you back for many more anniversaries to come.

Reviewed 23 March 2021

My partner and I enjoyed our second visit to this wonderful hotel just as much as we did our first.

We were definitely concerned about travelling during the pandemic. Our arrival to St Lucia was well organized, and we felt safe from the time our plane landed to the time we arrived at our room. The hotel even arrange for guests to have a COVID test before leaving the hotel to return back home.

We were upgarded to a Beach Bungalow, which was super appreciated and magnificent in every way!

Our butler Michaela greeted us with a warm "Welcome Back my Honies" and our room had a bottle of champagne with "Welcome Back" written out in flower petals on the table. How nice is that?!

We enjoyed the food. Yes, you can probably skip The Great Room (for now at least), but we met the super friendly new F&B Director Christian who assured us that the experience would be totally upgraded when the resort reopens after their extensive renovation. His experience before coming to Sugar Beach is quite impressive, so we are excited to see what he does moving forward. Other than that, the food gets a solid A.

What makes this place stand out above other hotels in the Caribbean (other than the jaw-dropping views) is the people who work there. Nice and genuinely caring does not begin to express how terrific we find the service.

So many people to thank, but of special note (other than Michaela) are Clian, Linus, Adriana, Nevious, Annetta, Luanette, Simeon, and Zenith (please forgive us if we spelled anyone's name incorrectly).

A HUGE Thank You to everyone at Sugar Beach! We will be back for sure!!

Room tip: Beach Bungalow for sure!
1  Thank Gregory B

Good Day Gregory B,

On behalf of the entire team, I would like to thank you for choosing to stay at Sugar Beach, A Viceroy Resort a second time. We are delighted to learn that your return visit was as memorable as the first for all the right reasons.

We are delighted that the special touches and attention to detail provided by our team helped to make your stay relaxing and enjoyable. I will share your glowing comments with the individuals mentioned and commend them for a job well done. They clearly provided those extra special touches that enhanced your stay.

Once again, your loyalty, comments and business are greatly appreciated. We look forward to the opportunity of serving you again.

Best Regards