Lowest prices for your stay
Expedia
FindHotel
Trip.com
Etrip
14,454 results
All reviews don pablo gold club jerk chicken the grill a la carte restaurants main buffet beach restaurant snack bar nude beach orchid buffet dolce vita japanese restaurant beautiful resort air transat room safe towel hut negative reviews
Selected filters
Reviewed 9 August 2022

This was the worst place I have ever stay the service from check in until 7 days later was horrible never had anything like this. The food, towels and the smell in the hallway and elevators was the worst thing ever. I would not recommend anyone to stay here. Don’t let the picture fool you like they did me. We were asked what was the best thing about the resort and I had nothing to say. The drinks are limited not much to choose from.
This is what I had to deal with after a shower without enough towels.

1  Thank Shaheena806
Kimberly Watson, Other at Bahia Principe Grand Jamaica, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2022

Dear Guest,

We really appreciate you taking the time to send your valuable comments about your stay with us as it helps to improve the quality service at our hotel.

I am happy to know that you chose us for your stay, while on vacation at our beautiful resort. However, we regret that we were unable to exceed your expectations; please accept our sincere apologies, as it certainly does not reflect the commitment and the quality that we have exhibited for many years.

Please rest assured that your feedback has been forwarded to the head of the relevant departments, so they can take the necessary corrective and preventive actions. We appreciate the comments and suggestions of each and every one of our guests; we see them as opportunities to continue working towards improving our product, quality and services.

We are looking forward to hosting you again in the near future to experience our new services.

Reviewed 9 August 2022 via mobile

I checked in this hotel to 5 nights. On the second day of my stay, I went by the pool to have some fun and relaxation, no one informed me that it was a white only section, and me and my girlfriend wasn’t allowed to hangout there, I was physically assaulted by a British white visitor, and I kept my cool and never retaliated(this abuse took place in plain sight of security personnel, and other staff).
A report was made, the in-house security supervisor wrote a report to make it seems as if we started an altercation. It was a challenge to get to speak to the General Manager or someone in authority, it’s only when I decide to make a formal report to the local police, that they were seeking audience with me to try to convince me not to go that route. It’s only one individual there, that would give me any info on the pending investigation. If I had physically abuse any white folks, can you imagine what would’ve happened to me.
Please, if you are Black, don’t go there, it’s white people place.

Reviewed 9 August 2022

I came down to Jamaica for a family wedding also to celebrate my birthday. While my significant other and I were attending the wedding our room was broken into and out valuables were stolen. A large amount of money was stolen, an iPhone charger, and all the souvenirs that we bought throughout our trip.
We call security and the hotel about the thieves. The security came and disregarded all of our concerns. They said they can not do anything until 9 the next morning because they have to call the police but the police don’t work at night. The security said they were going to start reviewing the tapes for the thieves.
We get a call at 9 the next morning to come down to the security office and meet the chief of security and the police. We have a conversation about the night we were robbed. The police take us to the station and we give out statement. The police told us that nothing will come of this because the hotel controls everything about the situation.
When we get back to the hotel we speak to the manager that was nice but did nothing but offer us an upgrade on a room in a hotel that we did not feel safe in anymore. The security manager comes to tell us that have reviewed the footage and the card swipes but that from the hours of 6pm -2am they said nobody walked on the hall and that only our cards swiped inside our rooms. The security walks us to the room to show us why was checked and to check the room but when we were entering the room the card swipe completely fell apart and their only defense was that this happens all time.
Somebody in the whole situation is lying to us. The only thing they have done is give us an email to email about damages but still have not received a response. I would recommend to never stay here and to tell all your friends and family to never stay here.

1  Thank R9369UTrafaelc

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time out to share your comments, we want to express how truly sorry we are that you encounter in that situation. In this public forum and being unsure of your identity we are not able to comment further, however we want to state that Bahia Principe Hotels & Resorts takes very seriously this kind of situations and is within our protocols to offer the possibility of involving the authorities immediately.

Kindest Regards

Reviewed 9 August 2022

I’ll start off by saying THIS IS NOT A FAKE REVIEW! I honestly don’t understand all the terrible reviews….maybe we got lucky? I stayed with my husband and our 4 kids ages 17, 18, 20 & 21 July 27-Aug6th. We booked 3 rooms. I emailed ahead of time and requested the 3 rooms be semi close to one another but didn’t have to be side by side and that 2 of the rooms had 2 doubles for my kids and 1 with a king for my husband and I. Upon arrival at 3pm we were given 3 rooms side by side with 2 doubles in 2 rooms and 1 king in 1. Exactly what we asked for! We stayed in building 17 on the 2nd floor. Our housekeeper was Shennay who was lovely! We didn’t need her service’s everyday but when we did she did a great job. We had heard that towels and face clothes might be scarce, so we brought our own just in case. They were not needed. 1 morning we returned from breakfast after she cleaned our room and were not provided towels. We asked her for 2 and she said that the laundry wasn’t done yet (100% not her fault) but that when they are, she will provide them. By the time we came back to our room at the end of the day they were there.

We had 5 ah la cartes for our 10 night stay and utilized them all with help booking them with guest services to the left of the front desk. All the food was quite good but Dolce Vita (Italian) and Mikado (Japanese) were our favorites. The seafood linguine at the Italian was AMAZING! The Knife and Don Pablo’s were tasty but the service was VERY SLOW even though they weren’t full. Starters and appetizers came quickly but then waited an hour for our main course’s. We ate at the main buffet for dinner a few times and it was pretty good. Always found something good to eat. We ate breakfast each morning at the beach buffet called Pisces and were serviced by Kerry each morning. She is a true gem and a wonderful person. I won’t get into details but she went above and beyond to make sure we had a wonderful breakfast every morning. Thanks Kerry…we’ll miss you the most!

The entertainment staff went above and beyond to make sure you’re having a great time. Special shout out to Brittany and Thunder who work morning, noon and night! We loved the evening shows at the village. The night club was okay but too dark and too loud for me so I often just sat outside with family (youngest wasn’t allowed in anyway) and new friends.

The beach was very nice to swim in. Easy to get in and out. We got the lobster lunch from the floating raft one day. $30 for 2lb’s of lobster with rice & peas, avocado & fruit. Very delicious.

Yes there are bugs – aren’t there bugs everywhere? What do you do when you go camping? Bring bug spray of course

Wifi was a bit spotty…guess what? I wasn’t there to be on my phone on social media. Tell your kids to unplug and enjoy their vacation!

Overall we had a great time and I would absolutely return!

Room tip: Building 17 was great
1  Thank Bryna J

Dear Guest,

On behalf of all the Management and team members at the Bahia Principe Grand Jamaica we would like to thank you for taking the time to share your comments.

It is indeed a great pleasure to learn that you have enjoyed your stay at our resort; your kind words have been shared with the team, they were happy to know they continue to create memorable experiences with our valued guests.

We are always striving to give our guests the highest quality services, making each moment unforgettably amazing during their time here at our hotel however, we will strive to improve in the areas you mentioned above.

May I use this opportunity to thank you again for choosing Bahia Principe Grand Jamaica to be your holiday destination in the Caribbean.

We are very much looking forward to welcoming you back for another enjoyable retreat to our sunny island.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 7 August 2022 via mobile

The hotel sold to us through TUI was sold as a 5 star hotel, this hotel was more like a 3 star hotel. The pictures in the brochure are nothing like the rooms at the hotel the rooms are dated, hotel rooms were dirty, mould in the bathroom. Toilets that didn't work, constantly ran and overflowed causing dirty toilet water to enter the room, cleaners tried to clean with bath towels no disinfectant. Had to wair 4 hours for room to be cleaned. Room floors not mopped or swept when cleaners did come. Hardly any storage. The sofa bed was so small only suitable for a child. No bedding provided for the sofa bed. Towels were not changed when requested, when rooms were cleaned towels taken and not replaced. We were constantly locked out of my room due to the door key cards either not working or the lock stopped working. No point calling reception on your phone they don't pick up, long walk to reception from rooms and the staff really unhelpful, not empathetic and it took ages for security to come and fix the lock. Nets om beds and curtains looked like they had never been cleaned. The main buffet restaurant always ran out of food and there was never a rush to get more food out. Trying to book Al la cart restaurants really impossible as they get booked up quickly. Food standards are really low, a few of us got ill from the food in the restaurant we made complaints but were told we were obviously ill before we arrived or how do we know it was the hotel food. On the toilet for days. Service is quite slow. Towels at the pool were limited and often ran out. Staff can be quite friendly except reception staff. 24 hour food bar limited food...not much food overall for vegetarians. The shops in the hotel are so over priced.really expensive so bring your own snacks. Taxi's from the hotel are rather expensive..there is a shop about 15minute walk when you take the left out of the hotel. Excursions are a total rip off if bought through the hotel... my advice get yourself a driver for the day to take you and then pay the entrance fee at the gate..you will save yourself so much money. Daytime entertainment was really good, Tiffany and her Team were very good entertainers. Kyle and pool bar team very nice and so were the towel pool guys. The sports bar and pool area were really nice in comparison to the old dated decor inside. The carpets in the hallways smell of damp and mould and were wet. Some rooms had mould and were also wet and paint chipped off the walls and ceiling. Really unimpressed with this hotel after paying so much money to stay here.

1  Thank Kesha1801
Kimberly Watson, Other at Bahia Principe Grand Jamaica, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2022