Lowest prices for your stay
Expedia
Free cancellation until 14/10/22
FindHotel
eDreams
14,454 results
All reviews don pablo gold club jerk chicken the grill a la carte restaurants main buffet beach restaurant snack bar nude beach orchid buffet dolce vita japanese restaurant beautiful resort air transat room safe towel hut negative reviews
Selected filters
Reviewed 30 June 2022 via mobile

We arrived at this hotel on 20th June (and, as I write this, we are still here...!) Our first impression of this hotel was 'Wow' ! Amazing reception hall, very grand entrance. However, on arrival at our room we were very disappointed to find that there were no towels, not one!! We were desperate for a shower after our 10 hour flight and long waiting time at Montego Bay Airport, so this was beyond annoying!! I phoned housekeeping and towels were quickly brought to us but a little frustrating! The room itself is very comfortable, American Colonial style, but could now do with a bit of updating. However, very clean and very comfortable king size bed! We are still enjoying our holiday and cannot complain about food choices or quantities and you can always find something to eat in the many restaurants on the complex. Staff are generally very helpful and will go out of their way to help you. I will take away mostly happy memories of this once in a lifetime holiday.

Date of stay: June 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank susanflook
Kimberly Watson, Other at Bahia Principe Grand Jamaica, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2022

Dear Guest,

On behalf of all the Management and team members at the Bahia Principe Grand Jamaica we would like to thank you for taking the time to share your comments.

It is indeed a great pleasure to learn that you are enjoying your stay at our resort.
Please, contact the Guest Service Manager in anything you could need.

We are always striving to give our guests the highest quality service to keep them content with their vacation at our beautiful hotel.

Sending you our warmest regards,

Reviewed 30 June 2022

My family and I stayed at this resort the first week of June 2022. I was starting to get nervous about going to this location after reading reviews on here but I am glad I ignored them. Check in was smooth and painless. The women at the front desk were very pleasant and very nice to my children. We were given our rooms keys, got our luggage and the room was ready right away. Our room was spotless (the whole week) and they had made up two smaller beds for my children that were perfect. Our balcony was facing the kids club and the stairs to the Bahia Village. This side can be very loud as you can hear the nightly shows and the disco but we were ok with that because our kids sleep through anything. People were complaining about the elevator but the one for our block was not a problem. The food was never an issue. There is always something for even the pickiest eaters (my father in law) we left all meals full. We did not take advantage of the a la cartes so I cannot comment on those. The main pool was great. Lots of chairs. Not always in the shade as people do save them from EARLY and never come back. Not cool. There are two areas to access the beach for us we liked the one on the far left of the resort across from the kids water park. Sand was softer and less rocks. Water was beautiful. I found all the staff here treated us so well and no request was ever a bother. The sports bar was lovely. It was a nice break from some humid evenings. I wish the nightly entertainment at the main outdoor lobby bar lasted a little longer. It was so quite too early leaving us a little bored. The free wi-fi throughout the resort was spot on never had an issue. Use the bahia app it gives you alot of information about whats going on that day around the resort. Book your a la cartes through it as well. If I had to complain about anything it would be the at the kids water park my daughter got a very bad cut coming down a slide from what looked like a screw sticking out. Within an hour 3 other kids had cuts as well. When we told the life guard and the security guard sitting around the water park they gave out Band-Aids but they should have closed the slide to prevent further injuries. The only time I was ever annoyed during our 7 days was when other guests felt that they didn't need to wait in line and would cut in. If you made a comment they would literally say "I don't care" or just stare at you. Such a terrible attitude to have but that has nothing to do with the resort. I found people complaining about having to wait for service at times or not getting their coffee right away. Take a look around and see how many people your waiter is serving. Have a little patience or go get it yourself. The staff works very long hours and doesn't deserve such terrible reviews. Check out was easy not issues. The only thing I would suggest is that for guests leaving so early in the morning maybe having somewhere for them to grab a bite to eat while they wait for the shuttle to pick them up would be nice. Over all WONDERFUL trip.

1  Thank ASHMAN_84
Bahia Principe Grand Jamaica, Other at Bahia Principe Grand Jamaica, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2022

Dear Guest,
We regret deeply the concerns noted in the review and would like to extend our sincerest apologies.
We would like to comment that our Hotel Management is very concerned about all our guests, their well-being, safety, during their stay with us as they are the most important to us. As it represents a huge responsibility for a big part of our staff, organization, and a big effort to create a safe environment that satisfies our clients' requirements, especially at a special time when they do not expect more than to just relax and enjoy their holidays.
Guest safety is our top priority. Any incident on our properties is handled according to a strict protocol, including referral to the proper Managers for investigation. We want to ensure that our guests have a relaxing and enjoyable time with us
Sending you our best regards,

Reviewed 28 June 2022

Our stay was amazing!!! The beach is beautiful, the accommodations were fantastic and staff were so polite and helpful. While all staff were excellent, 3 stood way out. Nevelle at the sports bar, Big Mike with the dinner buffet and Jason with the kids program. They went above and beyond every day to make our vacation the best it could be. The only issue we had was getting fresh towels each day. But we remedied this by getting them from the towel hut at the pool if they were not left by housekeeping. At the end of our wonderful week, my 4 kids said it was the best vacation and time of their life. Thank you Baha Principe for an amazing, blessed week!!!!! Also, use HFI (Howlett Family Tours) for excursions and transport to/from the airport. The were absolutely awesome, very dependable and made our family feel like we were part of theirs.

Room tip: For an Ocean front room, ask for the highest level available and that it be on either corner. The corner rooms have the largest balconies
2  Thank jonroyall
Kimberly Watson, Other at Bahia Principe Grand Jamaica, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2022

Dear Guest,

It is indeed a great pleasure to learn that you have enjoyed your stay at our resort; your kind words have been shared with the team, they were happy to know they continue to create memorable experiences with our valued guests.

May I use this opportunity to thank you again for choosing Bahia Principe Grand Jamaica to be your holiday destination in the Caribbean.

We are very much looking forward to welcoming you back for another enjoyable retreat to our sunny island.

Reviewed 28 June 2022 via mobile

My friend and I had a great time at this resort . We got an ocean view room in block 16. . Everything was in walking distance . Not for people who don’t like stairs . Beach always had chairs . We ate like queens for the week . Service was decent . Bring your own towels if you want to save headaches and not have to wait for them . Coffee on the terrace was 5 stars . I’ll be back Bahia !

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Roving60568605977

Reviewed 25 June 2022

With only a few minor issues our family vacation at Bahia was great. All the negative reviews were wrong,mosquitoes no big problem. However there is an issue with bathroom towels and face cloths,very limited quantity.(we took some from home) The Hotel is 15 yrs old but still has well kept grounds and clean rooms. The food was very good from the main buffet.The service from Oshane and Big Mike was superb. Of the other specialty restaurants we all liked The Knife the best, The rib eye was excellent. Our server Colet was super !!!!

1  Thank Wander61801166583
Kimberly Watson, Other at Bahia Principe Grand Jamaica, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2022