Lowest prices for your stay
Expedia
eDreams
FindHotel
Trip.com
14,454 results
All reviews don pablo gold club jerk chicken the grill a la carte restaurants main buffet beach restaurant snack bar nude beach orchid buffet dolce vita japanese restaurant beautiful resort air transat room safe towel hut negative reviews
Selected filters
Reviewed 10 May 2022

For starters this is not to offend the staff around the resort they are wonderful however the front desk and management are absolutely terrible and will not even help you with any issues but leave you waiting for long long periods of time as you watch your vacation hours disappear.

Upon checking in we were told to go hang around and enjoy ourselves as they get our room ready for 3 PM check in time. At 3 PM we waited over an hour to get our room keys and they walked around ignoring us at the front desk.

Upon checking out our transport bus to the airport ditched us without notifying the front desk to call us because they came at an earlier time, we missed our flight and everything. The management did absolutely nothing to help us until a woman fell and broke her arm and me being a medic aided the woman till help got there. Then we finally received some sort of complementary accommodation in a broken room where the bed fell apart after laying down on it and injuring my foot. We waited over 10 hours for a report to be filled, even though 3 Maintenace staff came in to take pictures and call the front desk to move us. After 10 hours they finally gave us a new room where they locked our passports and belongings inside telling us we have to pay for the room to gain access. After arguing with management we were told to contact our travel agent and sue them. Not only did we have to pay for the room but we were asked to leave in the morning before check out time.

We also ended up wasting money for their covid testing that were too late to present a the airport when we finally were able to get a flight.

The rooms are also falling apart meaning beds, tiles, etc. The plumbing is awful and in our 1st hour the toilet was overflowing. More wasting time with maintance and front desk than vacation enjoyment.

DO NOT STAY HERE!

Date of stay: April 2022
Bahia Principe Grand Jamaica, Other at Bahia Principe Grand Jamaica, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2022

Dear Guest,
We regret deeply the concerns noted in the review and would like to extend our sincerest apologies.
We would like to comment that our Hotel Management is very concerned about all our guests, their well-being, and safety, during their stay with us as they are the most important to us. As it represents a huge responsibility for a big part of our staff, organization, and a big effort to create a safe environment that satisfies our clients' requirements, especially at a special time when they do not expect more than to just relax and enjoy their holidays.
Guest safety is our top priority. Any incident on our properties is handled according to a strict protocol, including referral to the proper Managers for investigation. We want to ensure that our guests have a relaxing and enjoyable time with us
Sending you our best regards,

Reviewed 9 May 2022

This is by far, the worst hotel I have ever stayed. Rooms are bad, food is worse, customer service worst. I will never ever stay here again. Celebrating a wedding and my husband's birthday...both a disaster. It's says a lot when a hotel runs out of towels, gives you one bed when you pay for a double, and do not honor promotions. If you think you are scoring a deal...think again. You get what you pay for. Straight trash.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Kimberly Watson, Other at Bahia Principe Grand Jamaica, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2022

Dear Guest,

We really appreciate you taking the time to send your valuable comments about your stay with us as it helps to improve the quality service at our hotel.

I am happy to know that you chose us for your stay, while on vacation at our beautiful resort. However, we regret that we were unable to exceed your expectations; please accept our sincere apologies, as it certainly does not reflect the commitment and the quality that we have exhibited for many years.

Please rest assured that your feedback has been forwarded to the head of the relevant departments, so they can take the necessary corrective and preventive actions. We appreciate the comments and suggestions of each and every one of our guests; we see them as opportunities to continue working towards improving our product, quality and services.

We are looking forward to hosting you again in the near future to experience our new services.

Kimberly Watson
Online Reputation Coordinator
Bahia Principe Grand Jamaica

Reviewed 7 May 2022

Not much of a sport bar when you got 90% Canadians trying to watch Leafs game only one on TV with no sound. We asked the bartender for volume on that one TV and he said he does not have control. I asked to put the game on another TV and he said I don't have control. Lol. Just sad.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Kimberly Watson, Other at Bahia Principe Grand Jamaica, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2022

Kimberly Watson
Online Reputation Coordinator
Bahia Principe Grand Jamaica

Reviewed 6 May 2022 via mobile

Started off really positive with a really nice welcome which was great however went slowly downhill over the week. First two days we received linen and towel change then from then on the maid took away all the towels and never replaced them. This left is having to request these when we realised and in some occasions waiting for a long time. On one occasion, I went to the corridor and asked the maid for towels and she started to look on the trolley however was interrupted by a colleague and proceeded to ignore me and started joking around with the colleague. I waved my hand to bring her back into the zone as I was standing right on front of her and she then started laughing and said “ what was it you asked?” And then “ I’m off shift now” I found this really rude and not the type of service I expect from a five star hotel. I then had a scarf stolen from the room and when I mentioned this , they just sent me to lost property despite me saying it’s not lost but missing from the room. My husband had his shirt stolen from the sunbed whilst in for a swim and my son’s phone was also stolen from the side of the pool. No one took any notice of my complaints. Very disappointing experience for a five star family holiday. Won’t be returning or recommending unfortunately unless you’re happy to not bring anything of value.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Bahia Principe Grand Jamaica, Other at Bahia Principe Grand Jamaica, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2022

Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your comments on TripAdvisor.
We apologize for your expectations not being met at this time, they certainly do not reflect the commitment and the quality that we have exhibited for many years.
First, we want to inform you that we sincerely regret the situation that you report to us.
In this regard, we would like to acknowledge that we have very strict control of all issues reported, we can assure that all the security protocols established by the chain were strictly followed. In addition, please kindly note that we allocate all our effort and measures at your disposal to take extra security measures and avoid such situations.
Of course, we would like to add that we are at our guest’s disposal any time to provide them with the necessary assistance.

Reviewed 5 May 2022 via mobile

I usually do not write reviews but this one is warranted.
1. Hotel is not kept up. There are cracks and bad paint all over this place. Paint not done all the way to the ceiling, paint on the tiles. Sloppy upkeep. Rooms are so-so
2. The staff is nice but they do not enforce rules and policy. They will allow guests to disturb the peace of other guests because they do not want to say anything. There were loud guests until 2 am every night, one fight with a guest and 8 security guards they could not remove the guest. Guest was abusing his spouse. They didn’t want police involved so guests had to witness an hour of screaming and fighting. There is a nude section in the hotel and staff allowed guests to sunbathe nude in the NON NUDE section.
3. Coming2 tours - these are the daily excursions. I booked 2 and they were both screwed up. I booked a dolphin encounter and it was closed that day. The next day they changed the activities for the other one I booked. Terrible organization and not much you can do once you are there and stuck. The activities are not quality. They are short and rushed.
4. If you do not want to hear loud music and people yelling do not stay in a room near the ocean front or pool area. There are activities until midnight in those areas. Granted this is an adult only hotel but not all adults stay up until 2 am partying. If you want a more relaxed vibe this is not the hotel for that. This is a party, get drunk all day, get sunburned at the pool type of place.
5. Only positive is the all inclusive feature so you get food and drinks and the crowd is a nice mix of people from the old to the young, conservative to ratchet and everything in between.
6. Bring bug spray, there are biting bugs everywhere.
7. They do let one guy on the private beach that sells souvenirs but if you say no he won’t keep bothering you.
Overall, spend an extra $800 or so and stay at a nicer place that is more organized and you will enjoy your stay much better.

Date of stay: May 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Bahia Principe Grand Jamaica, Other at Bahia Principe Grand Jamaica, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2022

Dear Guest,
We really appreciate you taking the time to send your valuable comments about your stay with us as it helps to maintain the quality of the hotel.
We apologize for your expectations not being met at this time, it certainly does not reflect the commitment and the quality that we have exhibited for many years.
We deeply regret the situation; our staff always tries to give the best possible experience to the guests, and we give the proper follow-up to all the requests and necessities during the stay of our customers.
All your observations have been forwarded to the Management of the resort as the guest’s satisfaction is our priority and rest assured we will be constantly striving for excellence in our services.