Lowest prices for your stay
Bahia Principe
ExpediaUS$248
FindHotelUS$220
Trip.com
14,392 results
All reviews don pablo gold club jerk chicken the grill a la carte restaurants dolce vita main buffet beach restaurant snack bar nude beach orchid buffet lobster japanese restaurant beautiful resort air transat room safe towel hut
Selected filters
Reviewed 19 April 2013

Went April 7-14. Huge resort, beautiful beach. Lots of walking and stairs. The jerk chicken at the beach grill is fantastic. Food was very good all the way round. The ala carte restaurants were ok, Japanese was best I thought. Went with 3 other girlfriends, all said great trip, beautiful weather. Very much a couples resort or families. Not a lot of singles. Book your ala carte dinners quick or you will be eating at 930 pm. Too late for me. No vendors bothering you on the beach, that was great. Rooms were nice spacious and cleaned well. Would definitely go back.

Room tip: If you have mobility issues ask for first floor. Lots of stairs and walking.
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
3  Thank Tanya F
Ilse S, Social Media Coordinator at Bahia Principe Grand Jamaica, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your remarks. It is with pleasure that we learnt you have enjoyed the beach, Jerk Center, Japanese restaurant and overall the food, weather, expansive room and cleanliness. We appreciate you have decided to share your experiences with our reviewers on TripAdvisor.

Looking forward to host you again in the nearest future,

Reviewed 19 April 2013

This Hotel delivers some of the best scenic veiws you will ever experience, the perfect location to relax and unwind, overflowing with character and substance it really is a beautiful hotel, I think this was a really great hotel!!! You get what you pay for and so much more.

Date of stay: March 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank JulyL253

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind note. It is thrilling to know you have enjoyed our amazing location; the views from the resort have impressed you, we feel proud since we were able to reach your satisfaction during your vacation in our property.

We and all of our team members will be more than happy to see you again in our property.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 19 April 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Gran Bahia from April 7 - 14. We checked in around 7:00 am and the staff organized our check-in with no problems. We were given a changing room, bracelets and our package, then headed straight to the spacious pool for a relaxing day (unfortunately the bar didn't open until 10:00!). No shortage of lounge chairs any day. We were able to get into our room early (2:00 pm). We were in Room 18513 which faces west over the bay area. In our opinion, one of the best rooms available. We had no problems with our room set-up, bathroom, amenities or cleanliness as others complained about in earlier reviews. Either they're too fussy, or we were lucky. We have high standards and can happily say they were met throughout our entire vacation. There IS a lot of walking, especially if the elevator breaks down, but that gave us a chance to walk off the excellent food. We had reservations at Don Pablo (excellent food and service), Garden Grill (excellent food and good service), Mikado (great food, wonderful performance by chef) and Dolce Vita (Italian, with great buffet starters, great food and beautiful setting - was not slow as others stated). Our ONLY complaint was the quality of wine - not good. I started ordering champagne instead as the wine was almost intolerable. We didn't take any tours, didn't go to the spa or the nightly entertainment (we're early to bed, early to rise people), and only did a quick tour of the shops which seemed to have everything you could want - can't really comment on prices. This resort is absolutely beautiful and well set-up. The staff was very friendly (not sure why others complained), the washrooms were always clean, as was the entire hotel. Only 1 hour from the airport on a clean, safe, air-conditioned bus. We were lucky since our bus driver didn't stop, just took us straight to the hotel. We would highly recommend this resort.

Room tip: Buildings 16-18 (3rd floor or higher) the odd numbered rooms face west and have a beautiful view of the bay and outlying forest. Nice sunsets from the large balcony. Very peaceful and serene within a busy resort.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank letstravel2022

Dear Guest,

We are pleased about your comments in regards your recent vacation. Thank you for letting us know you enjoyed the room, food, property and location, good value, welcoming staff and all the services provided by them have been able to fulfill your expectations.

We appreciate your feedback, thank you for choosing Grand Bahia Principe Jamaica.

Yours respectfully

Reviewed 19 April 2013

I would definitely recommend this resort. It is a little far off from the airport (a little over an hour but it is worth it). Everyone at the resort is friendly. The rooms are huge, including the balconies. If you go here be sure to try the Jerk Chicken. On the topic of food - all of the restuarants were good. Even the buffet. Each night was a different theme by different countries cousine. The pool is huge and there is tons of beach space also. It was never too difficult to find a place to lay out. You really just have to see for yourself, but I loved it there. I was there for 7 days and I thought that was too short!

Date of stay: March 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Kelley C
Ilse S, Social Media Coordinator at Bahia Principe Grand Jamaica, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for letting us know you have enjoyed a wonderful vacation with us. We are happy to learn you have liked the food, the different countries' gastronomy themes at the buffet, specialty restaurants, pool and beach.

Thank you for vacationing with us, we will be more than happy to host you again in your upcoming vacation.

Reviewed 18 April 2013

We traveled from April 4-11 and overall my boyfriend and I really enjoyed our stay at this resort.

The bus ride to the hotel from the airport is around 45 minutes depending on the time of day and traffic.

We stayed in the golden club which I would strongly recommend. Our room was ready early at 12pm (check in usually isn't until 3pm) our a la cartes were pre-booked, and our safe was included.

Our room was in building 23, 7th floor and was beautiful. Stunning views of the front beach/ wedding gazebo, and quiet area of the resort if you prefer that. We prefer to be more a part of the action, so that was the only negative but the upgraded room was well worth the extra walking. Friends of ours stayed in a standard junior suite and although there was nothing wrong with that room, it really doesn't compare to building 23, so if you can upgrade.

The pool is beautiful. I spent no more then an hour in there the entire week (prefer the beach) so I can't speak much about the bar/service over there. What I did experience was good.

The beach is big, which is great! There are two bars on the beach, one in the middle and one to the far left. You can't see that one if you’re at the beginning of the beach or even from the jerk area, so keep walking and you'll see it way at the other end of the beach. That bar (the furthest one) serves the slushy drinks ie. pina colada, daiquiries, so you will want to head over that way if that's what you like. There is also beer and liquor there too. The main beach bar didn't have the slushy drinks until the end of my stay so I'm not sure if that's now a permanent thing there or not. The service was great at the bar. We used bubba mugs our entire stay (which is a must!!!!) and there were never any complaints about filing them, washing them etc. Although I enjoyed the beach it's not the nicest I've ever seen. I prefer the beach at the RIU in Ocho Rios, Jamaica. The snorkeling here is fantastic and honestly you can see tropical fish just standing still in the water for a couple minutes which I really enjoyed. If your into the nude beach, the only thing you can really do there is lay out on a chair. You can't swim over on that side in front of the water, I could barely walk along the shore it was so rocky. That area should be cleared for guests who prefer to be on that side.

The resort has different entertainment options at night for its guests. You can hang by the lobby bar and watch/ listen to live bands (Michelle Black is fantastic! Make sure to check her out at least once while you’re there.) Or you can head on over the Caribbean town and watch the nightly themed shows.

Look at for Anne Marie in Caribbean town, she’s one of the night waitresses. So sweet and so pleasant to be around. And look out for Ricardo one of the life guards at the beach/ pool, he’s has little Canadian flags on his sunglasses, you’ll see him!

The food was my favourite thing at this resort. There isn't one thing that I ate that I didn't enjoy. Everything was great! I have a very sensitive stomach and can't even go a week at home without getting sick. I didn't get sick once, not once down there. I would head back to this resort in a second due to that fact. I also traveled with two other people who have food intolerances/ allergies and both of them were good as well. Eat at the Don Pablo and the grill, AMAZING!!!

The only negative thing I have to say about this resort and really I debated taking away another star because it REALLY bothers me, is that this resort isn't Jamaican enough for me. More then a few times I felt like I was in the Dominican, I know it's a Spanish chain but come on. The Jamaican night at the buffet was a joke, all of the entertainment was said in English and then repeated in Spanish, No locals are allowed on the property to sell anything, and all of the stores inside the resort and the shopping center (prices are ridiculous, get ready) are owned and operated by non- Jamaicans. Obviously you don't experience a country/ culture from inside of a resort but honestly at times it felt like I could have been anywhere else other then Jamaica, and that just really doesn't sit well with me.

Overall I had a wonderful vacation, the weather was great, the food was amazing and the people were friendly. The resort is well kept and clean. I wouldn’t say this is a party resort. Everything shuts down other then the disco, pretty much by 11:30, which can be a little bit of a pain when your room is at the other end of the resort. I would recommend this resort to others. But PLEASE something needs to be done about the lack of culture here and if that is something that is important to you like it is to me, then I would skip this place.

Room tip: Book club golden and/ or try to stay in building 23.
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Eerriiccaa87
Ilse S, Social Media Coordinator at Bahia Principe Grand Jamaica, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you, for your detailed review and for letting us know you have enjoyed your room, cleanliness, view, food at the buffets and restaurants, pool and you have had overall an amazing holiday.

We truly sorry we couldn't impress you with the Jamaican night's selection of food. Let us kindly point out our Jamaican night has been expanded, offering now a Jamaican section at the buffets every night. Moreover, the shops at the resort are independently managed by persons specially licensed by the Jamaican government authorities to operate at the hotels; we do have local craft vendors at the beach, who are also licensed in the same way as the shops owners. Overall, we try to do our best to fulfill all the requests of varying nationality of our guests.

Please, rest assured that we have taken in account all of your observations as a tool to improve and refine our performance.

Thank you again for your collaboration. We sincerely hope that we will be afforded the opportunity to host you again on your next vacation.