Salem Resorts
Jewel Runaway Bay Beach & Golf Resort(Runaway Bay)(Great Value!)
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Franklyn D. Resort & Spa(Runaway Bay)
  • Breakfast included
Piper's Cove Resort(Runaway Bay)
Villa Sonate(Runaway Bay)
Club Ambiance(Runaway Bay)
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 28 January 2014

Stayed here a few dozen times
Over the years ..clean nice pool and good food ..family owned
Orlen is a peach
Beach across the street and very close to ocho rios
Good ac good beds laundry service available

Room Tip: Back of the pool the newer section
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank Roxanne074
Reviewed 22 May 2010

WOW!!!!
I stayed at the Salem Resorts recently and what a change from last year, the place has now been fully renovated and given a face lift even though it did not require much. We were holding our yearly retreat for families and what a success it was!!!!!! The resort is owned and operated by a Family, who gave us the assistance we needed and might i say it's value for money......... it is close to the beach which the locals visit a great way to spend time. All the member said the would return and recommend other family and friends.......So if you want a relaxing vacation the Salem Resorts is a great place.........

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business
3  Thank FARRODON
Reviewed 12 March 2009

i being at the place before and it wasnt too bad.but the owner is a liar and a desiever.i call and made my resorvation for one month and he told me he will give me a rate of $2400. when i arrived at the hotel front desk i gave to the owner fify four thousand jamaica dollar plus he owed me six hundred jamaica dollar.before,any way i went to my room and it was horrible filty and dark i turn my water on but no water came out but when it came out it came out in drop no maid service for the whole time that i was there i wash all of my towels and bed sheet for the whole time i was there and it took me fourteen day to get back the six hundred jamaica dollar that he owed me then he want me to lend him some money but i said no but i will not get my money back if i loan him the money to all who want a vacation please dont choose salem resort or you will be sorry ron bailey kc mo please called me i can tell you more .tel-[--]

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled solo
5  Thank jahmanKansasCityMo
Reviewed 25 October 2008

Salem Resort??? yeah right..... This is no resort . The entire bottom level is a nursing home.. Yes you are reading correctly.Smells like a hospital, looks like a hospital, not to mention how old and rundown the room was I stayed in. Mold on the walls,paint all chipped off walls, no spread on bed, and was told there would be a charge for an extra pillow. The pool was green and univiting,and there is no beach view or access on this property as advertised. Couldnt even buy a coke there and no place close by either. Had to walk forever or get a cab.I cant even say ya get what ya pay for because I didnt pay to stay in a nursing home.!!! MY ADVICE TO YOU IS DO NOT STAY THERE !!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank JamericaLady
Reviewed 22 July 2008

My girlfriend and i have just returned from jamaica, where we have spent the week staying with Orlan in Salem resort. It's been the best holiday we've had. It was my girlfriends first trip to the island and my fourth.
Orlan bent over backwards to look after us. even tho the hotel was full for the first 2 days of our stay he had a room re tiled so we had somewhere to stay.
Jamaica can seem like an intimadating place to visit if you've not been before. But Salem is set away from the massive torist areas and offers much more. It's a real jamacian experience.
The staff who work in the hotel can't be faulted, from the receptionist to the cleaners all are great and will do anything for you. Orlan has been making massive improments to the hotel including retiling rooms, re sufacing the pool and having cable put into the rooms. everytime i go it gets better.
Bigga is like like a god send and will escort you to the shops taking you to little bars along the way which we'd never have experienced without him. If you run out of rizzla or rum no matter what time of night he's the man.
To save on hassle we took a local tour guide Courtney to ochi with us, he took us round the craft markets where there's plenty to buy. Bargining is a must and we got most things for less than half the asking price. the market traders are friendly and you can have a laugh with them, they will try to presure you into buying things but understand no. We visited a small bay with no other tourists there. the people where friendly and we felt no theat from anyone.
A local taxi driver called Blacks who is a friend of the family picked us up from the airport and took us most places including a trip to browns town, bob marleys house and dunns river. He looked after us everywhere we went.
Bob marleys house is great but the surronding village is so poor and it seems such a shame as the whole community could beifit from this massive tourist attraction.
My adivce is to ask Orlan about doing things and he'll do his best for you.
It really is pardise on earth. I suppose you have to be careful wherever you go. but with the right people jamacias no worse than any other place.
I love it and can't wait to return again.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank YorkshireMick