3,414 results
All reviews hip strip souk restaurant sunset building a la carte restaurant entertainment staff ocean view beach grill mento band main building cornwall beach close to the airport minutes from the airport pool bar small resort dunns river food was great glass bottom boat
Reviewed 11 November 2017

Visiting again from October 21st to 28 th and very happy about my stay!

Check-in was easy and i always feel welcome while arriving. Thanks again to the wonderfull staff.
Arriving around 10.00 morning time, my room was ready and prepared by the bell boy so i could start enjoying my vacation.
I want to express that the Royal Decameron is a 4* resort, so those of you expecting marble and 5* star amenities you booked the wrong place. Royal Decameron is an old resort very well maintain by a wonderfull and dedicated staff. The landscapng is beautifull, trees and flowers everywhere you look. The ocean is gorgious and surround's all the site,it is very rare to have a resort ocean front view.
All the staff will go over their duties to make you feel home please give them some respect. A smile and a tip goes a long way. All inclusive does not mean tip are included.
The room are old but very clean (thanks to my maid who does a great job),and they have a good size so you will not feel cramped.

The food is good and you will not get either sick or starved. I ate at The A La Carte and i can confirm that my meals were exceptionnel, specially the fish trio (i loved it)

The bar staff are the best i saw comparing to other hotel i went in R Maya and RD
if you have your own special drink they will be please to make it for you with a big smile
If you go with a bunch of friends or family,please respect the other guests and dont take the site for granted, everyone deserve vacations, it's call respect so have fun but remember that you dont own the place.

Smoking Policy: Smoking is allowed outside and on your balcony. Bring your own ashtrays so you wont butch on the tiles near the bar or outside the restaurants. buffet or on the beach. Please give back your plastic glasses to the neirest bar. Throwing them in the ocean is not a solution to get rid of them.We like our litte gem to stay clean

If you buy souvenirs make sure that they are Jamaica made and not India or China. You can find Jamaican product at the market outside the gate. Its a nice way to encourage their economy. People from the market are present every day on the site if you need specifique items just ask Roch (rasta man) he will get it for you at the market.

I read complain about the hotel furnishing only 1 liter of water. The water is drinkable they have their own system to purifie their water so why should they ruin the environnement with plastic bottles? I agree with this Policy and i drink a lot of water never got sick.and respect the fact that it is less garbage thrown away.

Once again i had a wonderfull time and planning my next stay. If you have any questions feel free to pv me. I will be very happy to help you appreciate my second home.
Thanks to the staff Andrei at front desk, Dave my prefered bell boy, Sharlette, Jaymar, Patisha, Feleisha and all the waiting staff. My chef who knows how difficult i am with food but impress me at each trip ( i am a porrigde girl)

At the bar Chris, Mark, Dario, Fitz, Eleisha,Jay, my martinis are exceptionnel and thank you for saving my glasses every time i leave and getting it back when knowing i am coming. It is so appreciated.

Soon come back!

Room Tip: Avoid room in the main buiding from 01 to 09 on each floor (very Noisy at night with night activities (close at 11.0pm)
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
4  Thank mariesylvienolin
Sidney B, Guest Relations Manager at Royal Decameron Montego Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2017

Hello Marie,
Thank you for writing a review on our property. We appreciate the suggestions you have made as this will assist in or daily improvements. Thank you for choosing the Royal Decameron Montego Beach as your vacation destination and for making us your "home away from home"

Regards,

Reviewed 10 November 2017 via mobile

My husband and I had a awesome time at this resort. The service and staff were amazing. The resort is a little older but staff kept the rooms and grounds very clean. Food was good and there was a great variety to choose from. Would highly recommend for this time of year.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Linda M
Sidney B, Guest Relations Manager at Royal Decameron Montego Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2017

Hello Linda,

We are happy to read that you and your husband enjoyed your vacation with us. Thank you for a great review on our property! As we strive to create memorable moments for all our guests. Thank you for choosing the Royal Decameron Montego Beach as your vacation destination.

Looking forward to see you soon

Reviewed 9 November 2017

Just back from a fabulous week spent at the Royal Decameron, Montego Bay, Jamaica. A charming, older resort with plenty of character and ambiance. For us--- the staff at a resort can make or break the desire to return and for the most part we were not disappointed. The staff (for the most part) were friendly and accommodating and went out of their way to make our stay comfortable. We cannot understand the complaints in previous reviews re the food?? No---- it is not all Jamaican-- as some seem to expect, but there were Jamaican dishes everyday along with a good variety of salads, meat, fish, chicken , pork ---- you name it they had it. The desserts were varied and yummy.So for those of you whom complained???? If you take a little of everything,each night---- of course you will get bored. There is one a la carte and I wish we had gone more than once, as it was a beautiful presentation and delicious! You can go as often as you want---just book early a.m. at the front desk. The only thing I didn't understand was---- you cannot book a single---- only for 2, 4 etc.? We had beautiful ocean view from the fourth floor but from what I saw all-- face the ocean. Our room was cleaned daily The first day we had to request washcloths as there weren't any but after leaving our maid a note we had fresh towela and wash cloths each day. Thank you to our maids. Okay, so you might find some mould around the tub/shower but you are in a humid country ---- so we expect some in the older hotels. Also the water pressure goes in and out at times but we find this anywhere we travel. The sister resort Cornwall is just a year old--- but it looks sterile compared to this little gem. There is one small elevator and I mean small--lol! Claustrophobic! We used the stairs for the most part but the elevator was quick and smooth when we did use it. There are two pools ---one with a swim-up bar and a quieter one up a level. There is construction around the upper pool as they are extending the deck and building an extension to the towel hut and I think the bathroom as well. We never found the noise too bad. There are plenty of loungers around the pool and beach area and there is a board walk along the water where they have lounging mattresses as well. There are three bars -- open at different times . You are given a paper with the times as well as the opening times for the buffet and snack bar. CONS -- for us. On arrival we were third in line to register and had requested a king bed and were advised there were none!! Given a key to a room which was already occupied!!! Imagine our shock on inserting the key and opening the door!! Back to the desk and given a room with a KING bed!! HMMMM? Strange? Poor organization and the hotel was only about 60 percent full and that was between both the Cornwall and the Decameron hotel----- so no excuse! Also lack of toiletries in room and still not supplied after several requests. Nightly entertainment ----not anything unique so you either like it or don't! No premium drinks but no limits. We are older (but young at heart lol) so this resort suited us to a tee. Not trying to discourage families with children but there is not much for kids at the resort. The entertainment staff do their best to involve people in activities but sometimes struggled to do so. I really enjoyed Kevin's daily talks about the history of Jamaica and Bob Marley trivia. Some suggestions-- 1. Pool skimmer not working doesn't pick up the small debris on top of the water--- needs fixing. Lifeguard did use the hand skimmer frequently. 2. No one around the pools to sweep up falling leaves, etc. 3. provide some plastic chairs around pools for those who cant sit in the loungers. 4. provide bottled water in rooms daily--- only get one per week you can fill up at the bar. People to thank-- Leon and Christopher Jarrett pool lifeguards--- always friendly and helpful. Thank you to bartenders Chris and Marshall < who made me the best non-alcoholic Jamaican lemonade and serenaded us with his singing-- always smiling. Thanks to Shadae, Emile Samuel, Sharlette, Chantel in buffet for great service. Special thanks to Shavaine for making me fresh ginger tea everyday! I am trying to do it at home but not as good as hers!!! I know I am leaving some out but to be truthful ---- all were friendly and good to us. Thanks to Trouble and John the bell men. A special thank you to Chef Renel Brown at the snack bar who went out of his way to make us B.L.T.'S. and our waitress Opal--- sweetie. Put those on the menu as they are easy to make and will be a favorite. Thanks to all ---- you made our stay relaxing and fun and we hope to return in the near future. To the management you have a wonderful staff to be proud of!! Keep up the good work! Jack and Sharon Michener.

Stayed: October 2017
3  Thank Sharon M

Hello Sharon ,
We are happy to read that you enjoyed most your vacation with us. Thank you for writing a review on our property. We appreciate the suggestions you have made as this will assist in or daily improvements. Thank you for choosing the Royal Decameron Montego Beach as your vacation destination. We will work harder to improve and pass your comments to our staff. We look forward to seeing you again. In hopes that you'll make us your "home away from home".

One love!

Reviewed 3 November 2017 via mobile

pool closes at 5 pm. noisy grass cutters and then loud banging and sawing construction start at 8:30 a.m. enough said. For those of you that I absolutely do not need wifi or are deaf the food is wonderful. And the people are very nice..

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Gofarandsee
Sidney B, Guest Relations Manager at Royal Decameron Montego Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2017

Hello,
One love!

Reviewed 23 October 2017

2nd visit! Weather, 7 days of sunshine and feeling 42.. Hated to leave, food was really good, Beach was nice, room was great, no problems, stayed in room 202, but too close to the stage, very loud at night. Employees were pleasant and we got along with everyone, they are nice people. Just show a bit of respect to them and you will get it back. The resort is old but they maintain it. This is a small resort but that's why we went back and will visit again. Hip Strip, rough but the police presence is everywhere. Go and enjoy, it's a nice resort and go shopping on the strip, see Jamaica!

Room Tip: Rooms 110 112 are close to pools
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank Kim H
Sidney B, Guest Relations Manager at Royal Decameron Montego Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2017

Thank you for a great review on our property! As we strive to create memorable moments for all our guests we are happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us at the Royal Decameron Montego Beach Hotel.

Looking forward to see you soon and thanks for making us "your home away from home".