“Nice tables by the beach, nice food but sometimes slow service”
Review of Chill Out Hut

Chill Out Hut
Ranked #14 of 130 Restaurants in Montego Bay
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 2 June 2016

I have been here three times so far. I like that you can also sit by the beach in a separate table and enjoy the view. The food is good and if you want you can go and choose the fish you want to eat. There are plenty of choices in the menu but when we went there when it was mother´s day, then they only had a fixed menu… and very loud band. There was also a band the other time we went there even though I would have preferred not to because it was also so loud. Food is middle priced but the place is quite romantic even it is rather big. There is plenty of parking place and if you park in the yard inside the fence there is a security guard to secure your car. Don´t go there if you are in a hurry because it takes quite long to get the food… and the bill. No reservation needed.

Reviewed 1 June 2016 via mobile

Can over here yesterday because we were tired of eating at the buffet in our hotel. Came for lunch and had fish. I was sort of taken back because the cab

Upon arriving I heard about picking out a fish and it's true, they charge by the pound and I ordered the red snapper fried, wonderfully flavored escovitch is how they prepared it with carrots and pickled onions, rice and beans and I also ordered the "bammy" it is basically kasava root deep fried. My husband has the jerk chicken and was also served with a bowl of rice and beans. Both dishes were absolutely wonderful, we also ordered a dirty banana for drinks which was also really tasty and thick!

You are not really able to swim at the beach as it's pretty dirty and low tide all the time but what a beautiful sight to see while eating and enjoying a wonderful lunch.

Reviewed 26 May 2016 via mobile

The service was excellent and the food was even better I had barbecue spare ribs with bammy& my other half had jerk conch with green plantains and bammy and we sipped some Moscato from the bottle we ordered and the live band was good. I will definitely be going but soon☺

Reviewed 21 May 2016

As you drive out of Montego Bay (approximately 20 kms from International airport) you find this well known restaurant where you can enjoy some of the best seafood you can find in that area. If you are in a tight schedule, I do not recommend it since the service is rather slow, but the food is great, ask for the whole steamed red snapper!

Reviewed 18 May 2016

We stopped for dinner here with our group of 18. They knew we were coming. It's right on the ocean with great views. Food was very good, especially the fish that some choose right out of the tank! Lots of fun, live music after dark on a Saturday night.