“Friday Buffett ”

Ranked #79 of 139 Restaurants in Montego Bay
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Cuisines: Jamaican
Dining options: Dinner
Description: Food is Love and Love is Intoxicating! The "Ultimate Hide Away" spot set above the beautiful Caribbean sea over looking the coral reefs. Drunken Squid Bar & Grill is the ideal location for private dinners, wedding receptions, parties and also large events. Our menu boasts a variety of seafood and other local dishes. Stop by and share the experience :)
Reviewed 15 March 2018 via mobile

Place is over priced. 2200 for a 10 year old to eat. 2800 for adults. Not impressed at all with the food or service. They add 10 percent for a tip and you need to go to bar yourself if you want a refill. I brought my roommate from college family there. There was around 15 of us. I was disappointed and will never return.

Date of visit: March 2018

Reviewed 11 December 2017

Food was nicely presented and tasted good too!!!!

It was all you can eat Fridays, where a vast array of seafood was laid out buffet style. The cost was more than worth it

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed 3 December 2017

This is by far my favorite seafood place to dine with my family. The ambiance is very tranquil, romantic and serene. It is directly situated on a mangrove and therefore there are a lot of mosquitos. It is best to wear long sleeves or you can ask for mosquito repellent. The servers are very polite and they go out of their way to assist.

I took my parents out for their anniversary dinner on Friday night which is their Seafood Buffet special. It starts promptly at 7 pm but if you arrive early, they will give you a cup of soup as an appetizer or if you would like something hot to drink. The types of seafood offered were: curried conch, escoveitch fish, barbecued lobster, crab and brown stew fish. They also offer tossed salads, sweet potato salad, capers and desert such as cherry crumb cake and fruitcake. The prices for drinks and food on a regular night are also very affordable. My mother thoroughly enjoyed the crab and lobster and went for seconds.

N.B- Based on its location, I believe they should make a security post with two security guards because the area is very dark at nights or they should give out armbands to persons entering to show that they will be dining to avoid unscrupulous men from entering the compound.

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

Unfortunately we didn't get to try this place because when we stopped by at noon on a Sunday, they were not open yet. They wouldn't open for another hour but TripAdvisor says they are open at 11am and a big sign in front says it opens at noon.

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed 18 March 2017 via mobile

This place is a lovely little seafood spot that suffers from competition around the area. I always pass it and it's open but empty. I decided to make a stop on my island tour regardless if what i had seen, i just had a feeling about the place.
I was not disappointed.
Firstly there is the lovely view from the main eating area which is a wooden deck over a fish nursery. Just check out the pictures.
Then there is the service, not sure if its because we were the only ones there at the time, but every one, even people who were not serving us were friendly and helpful.
I have to admit the food i had was not exceptional but pretty good.
I intend to return to dabble in the menu a little more.
I think if what you want is a quiet spot with little people, decent food and an amazing view, this is it.

Date of visit: February 2017
Drunkensquid, Manager at Drunken Squid, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2017

Dear Shaniquemalcolm,

Thank you for taking the time to review our service and the restaurant. We appreciate your patronage and look forward to seeing you again soon!

Best regards,