See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 31 July 2012

I visited the Casablanca almost 22-years ago and still remember everything about this hotel. I loved the sweeping verandahs that seemed to come out of a movie set. The rooms, decor and interior was stunning. Not a tacky, cookie-cutter hotel.

I will never forget the surreal experience of sitting on our balcony in the early morning - and watching a dreadlocked dude sing the best reggae tune out loud - walking down the long dock to the right of the hotel. Life is so good that you can sing out loud about it. Staff was excellent, food was excellent and the bar opened at 11 a.m. Red Stripe, anyone? :)

Room Tip: We were on the second floor.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank CADRott
Reviewed 26 July 2012

Room 8, what can I say! I stayed there September 2011 with a friend and I was never more relaxed then sitting on that balcony listening to the waves, watching boats, swimmers, turtles drift by. My friend said that he has traveled all over the world but the healing waters of Doctors Cave Beach were the softest and best sand he has ever been on. I agree. This place is modestly priced, clean, fresh flowers daily.

The owner and staff were wonderful to us. Oh, yes, I slept like a baby! I hope to return someday.

Room Tip: Ask for the room 8, what a view from the balcony!
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
6  Thank Sherry M
Reviewed 23 May 2011

I lived in Jamaica for 26 months and have stayed at many hotels in Jamaica and the Casablanca is hands down my favorite! It's not the most luxurious hotel Jamaica has to offer but it does have the most character.

The beds are stiff and hot water isn't dependable but it's perfect for a romantic getaway. Our deck in room 8 was huge, the small fridge was great for beer, our room was spacious and the sunsets from the deck were breathtaking.

Free access to Doctors Cave Beach, located next door- the beach does charge a lot to rent umbrellas and chairs but the beach is pictured on the back of the $50 and very well kept.
Twisted Kilt located next door has good food but is expensive and always tried to rip me off. Example- two for one mix drink special but two drinks poured in one cup and they did not tell me.
I love the bar that is just across the street above a souvenir shop. Free pool, decently priced drinks, very few if any tourists... great place to end the night.

Staff at the hotel treated us terrifically.
The very adventurous could easily get a red plate taxi from the hotel to the Montego Bay Bus Park and from there get a taxi to anywhere on the island.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
6  Thank gavinpcv
Reviewed 18 February 2010

ok - second time, about a year apart, same feeling as before - great location. good people working there and owners are a trip. the beds are incredibly hard, king size, but the rooms are clean for the most part - sometimes you have hot water, the balconies are large with chairs and a small table, great activity viewing from your balcony, watch the sun set - the moon rise.... snokeling is good right off the beach below the hotel. the hotel lacks luster, even a litlle less than last march, but we like it. and if you are assigned to a room you do not like, ask to see another...there are several to chose from - usually.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
8  Thank debaLongboatKey_Fl
Reviewed 4 January 2010

No credit cards, no internet, no working pool,. too much street noise, hot water only at certain times. Beaches are private and CB's beach opened at 830am, entrance one block down through Doctor's Cave Beach Club. No early morning beach run or walk. Beach strip is small, and quickly fills with jet ski's and boats. so no serenity. no beach. Food choices were suboptimal. no fresh squeezed orange juice. no fresh squeezed juices period. bought coconut for coconut water off the street.

Hip Strip, is not hip, and less than a strip. nothing to see. ATM only bank of Nova Scotia and they do not clearly post charges up to $15.00 for withdrawals. The casino across from Margaritaville charges $6.00 and only permits $200.00 withdrawals.

Breezes Hotel closed and the two hotels across from them were closed. Several other hotels down the strip were also closed. Decameron Hotel was open, but full and I was not allowed in, guard at gate, only guests. Not even to see perhaps a pending room to help with future hotel choices. What choices?

negotiate everything w/ taxis. Prices can differ by half!

The only acceptable restaurant was Pelican, down the "strip", next to the Burger King. Be sure to try their Ackee traditional breakfast. They were very courteous and accepted credit cards. Skip the Pork Pit.

Casa Blanca's room #8 had nice old plank floors, lovely balcony/verandah, and a great view [you cannot see Cuba]. that's it. There are no outlets/plugs, the bathroom was ugly, faucets didn't work properly, no shampoo, no soap. Poor lighting. Sometimes the TV didn't work, but that's another story. Felt as if i was in the middle of a renovation, cut short and made ready-ish for my stay.

Jamaican people are very nice. The staff are very nice, especially the housekeeping staff and Maxine and shanee [spelling] at the front desk. We paid $148.00 per night.

Montego Bay and its hip strip feel as if it is on the brink of decay. Of becoming a ghost town. Since I like jamaica, I can only recommend, especially for a short trip that you go to an all inclusive e.g. grand lido, or one of the newer properties. Decameron has to be your only bet on the so called Hip Strip, and if they lock out future customers, well, i don't quite know what to say.

• Stayed: December 2009