All reviews hip strip pork pie with flat screen tv only stayed one night clean pool daily breakfast busy road gloucester avenue doctors cave short stay public beach beds were comfortable jamaican dishes restaurant staff margaritaville continental mobay
Reviewed 20 November 2017 via mobile

I stayed overnight at the Altamont West Hotel, while working in Montego Bay. The hotel was clean, the room was cozy. The wifi was reliable. Breakfast was a tasty full Jamaica breakfast.

The hotel is located on the Montego Bay hip strip, within walking distance of beaches and shopping areas.

It was value for money.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank Joni-Gaye C
Reviewed 3 November 2017

Stayed here one night with my girlfriend. We had been staying at one of the large resorts outside the city and switched to Altamont the last day, as we had to catch an early flight next morning. Obviously it was a significant difference, but you can't really compare it.
Location is really great; central in Montego Bay, close to restaurants, bars, beach and the airport.
Rooms and breakfast was the only other insights we had in the hotel and it was quite basic. Comfortable bed in a spacious room, but nothing exceptional. Breakfast was very small but well-tasting.
Staff was helpful and welcoming.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jonas B
ChrisAltamonts, Manager at Altamont West Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2017

Thank you so much for choosing us. Thank you for taking the time to comment. We hope to be afforded the opportunity to serve you again when next you visit Montego Bay.

Reviewed 24 October 2017

I stayed here in July/2016, my review is late, but i've always wanted to talk about this place.
First off yes location is popping, I mean you can walk literally anywhere and be back in less than half hour. The beach is across the street, theres DRs. Cave, Aqua Sol, and also the free beach. We didnt go to the free beach. My husband is from Montego Bay and he was very adamant on us not visiting there esp if your appearance screams tourist/money like mines d. However during days I would look across the street and see people enjoying the beach, but you go at your own risk no security.
Back to the hotel, I dont know why know when I purchase an ocean view room on Expedia, when you reach hotel staff likes to test your patience by giving me a downgrade. They literally walked me to the very back of the hotel on the third floor( it was a while I dont quite remember there are no elevators in this hotel) It felt like walking through the valley of death. Anyway I got to my room looked out the window (no ocean view) I FLIPPED The little girl at the front desk could not help me with my ocean view room, poor thing I screamed so loudly at her and everyone in my way. She did get me to the front of the hotel in a side room not ocean view but better than the valley of death. Altamont rooms are small to my standards, my husband and I are tall and we just felt like the suitcases alone took up most of the room spaces. I will say the room was clean nicely decorated up to date with furniture and bathroom fixtures and appliances.
The hotel is very cute I they have some beautiful statues of elephants buddha they have an piano in the lobby where guest can chill on the terrace and have a drink. I liked the atmosphere.
The next day the supervisor/manager must of heard of me because the bellboy requested me to come to the front desk. When I did the supervisor offered me an ocean view room or the deluxe penthouse suite the best room in the hotel. Guess which room I chose. When we got to our room we became more relaxed, way more space for our luggage with lots of space to spare. From then on my stay here was fab. If your not staying in the suite or a corner room good luck. But If youre ok with that its still a pretty cool place to stay. By all means please avoid the valley of death area.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Skyla D
Reviewed 8 August 2017

Whenever I stay on the hip strip this is the property to select. The hotel has beautiful open public patios with direct views of the sea. It is located very close to beaches, shopping, and restaurants. The hotel also offers a tasty free made to order breakfast. The rooms are clean and well decorated in comparison to other hotels on the hip strip. The property manager, Ms. Anderson is delightful and customer oriented- she will make sure your next stay is enjoyable.

Room Tip: Choose a room adjacent to the balcony
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 June 2017

You don't need to spend a ton of money to enjoy a good vacation you just need to know the best spots have a good transportation team and your all set to go . The location of this hotel has many advantages your close proximity to the beach , night life which is gorgeous, restaurants, clubs provide you wit enough for your vacation to go smooth. The service is good could be due to its size but I love small things because they tend to be better controlled and more personal . Front desk is pleasant there eager to help the rooms are nice and neat but if you are physically challenged then the steps are not for you . The price is good ive stayed in villa's that cost more and the sleep wasn't as good . You get free wifi and if you venture out at the front of the hotel you will find a public beach . Its really like going to aquasol which is next door. The beach is clean and a nice park just beside it so if you don't want to go to a paying beach you have the choice to go . It has more locals so expect a conversation or two. This hotel is basic and great at what it does . Don't have great expectations and treat it like a 4 star or 5 star hotel. My preferred transportation team is TCJ tours or you can message me for other information I'm always around to help.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
7  Thank Molly J
ChrisAltamonts, Manager at Altamont West Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2017

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve. We look forward to see you again ...hopefully in the near future.