See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 8 December 2017

Was booked in here by the company I was working for, and was willing to give it a go. To be fair, the location was secure and my room was clean. It is an outdated hotel - down to the decor and the TV's with no remote option. Location-wise it was good since it's on the hip strip and in walking distance.

Unfortunately my stay was marred by a number of things. Firstly, the WiFi. Despite almost 4 options of WiFi I could not access any consistent, good WiFi - neither in my room nor in the common area. When I inquired if there was another option as I could not connect I was told "Oh that's because so many people are on it. Sorry." And that was it. I was unable to do ANY of my work.

Secondly, the food and service. Our server was new (which I have no problem with) but it made ordering quite difficult while she learnt the process. The food was pretty horrible. After my dinner experience, I decided to go simple for breakfast and even that was a struggle. If you do NEED to stay here, go on the hip strip to eat.

Oh also, I don't know if the rooms are non-smoking, but someone definitely was in the hallway and it was horrible. I was also working up early by the roadside activities.

Overall, it was my first stay, but the next time I need to go to Montego Bay for work I will research every other option first.

1  Thank simichelee
Reviewed 8 December 2017

Let's start with the positive. I had Reggae chicken for dinner which was great! Kudos to the chef. Guests who came later than us were able to give their order before us (hmm). In any case the dinner staff were nice.

It all went downhill from there. However I will mention two key issues.

Of all the hotels that i have stayed at, this is the first that gave dirty towels to guests. Yes, some were old but some were dirty. This is the reason I walk with a personal towel.

The bed covers were old. I was afraid to sleep in the bed. I like to encourage supporting smaller hotels but this is just shameful. I nearly cried. Luckily night passed and morning came. It was time to check out.

If you have no choice but to stay, don't forget to bring your personal towel, bed sheet and pillow case and use your data plan.

Reviewed 7 December 2017

Management, you need to upgrade the hotel. Spend some money and get the place looking like it can compete with some of the other B&B in the "tourism mecca".

We were professionals travelling as a group on a business trip.

Two persons came out of offices who seemed like management level personnel but they didn't seem very amicable / friendly. Remember to smile and say good night, this helps to be welcoming as a service industry guys. We shouldn't be used to annoyed / stern looking faces at a hotel in a tourist area. The front desk rep wasn't so bad. The other staff were generally ok and met our needs, especially Latoya who served us during dinner - thank you very much miss. Kudos to her, if I could I would give her ***** (5 stars) as she ensured we were comfortable. Dinner and breakfast themselves were consumable I guess.

One colleague's room smelled like sewage (i visited it myself) and she had to change it. That was accommodated quickly by the front desk rep. Another colleagues room smelled strongly of paint (Also visited it myself, glad it was her and not me as my sinuses would have had a field day). The curtains in my room were old and you could see it torn on the side to accommodate the width it seems. My room was clean - bathroom and bed area - but the towels and rags in the bathroom looked WELL used I thought twice or thrice before using. I was tired so slept well in the room which I must admit was spacious. The WIFI did not pick up in the room, it made no sense sitting in the lobby area all night to do work so I just didn't bother and used my data plan where I could.

The locks on the door did not let people feel safe - old and shaky even though there is a draw chain on the inside of the door - please change them (a colleague shared that concern with me as well).

I had a balcony area which oversaw the western Caribbean sea towards Negril and Cuba so that was really nice. Location is not too far from the city center and it is along the famous 'hip-strip' with shopping areas, restaurants and parks for exercising or relaxing. It is also not very far from the airport.

It is clear it is old. But the aging does not complement the hotel or the tourist area. You could upgrade and still maintain reasonable pricing to attract visitor volume and intake and a also better reputation.

It was good for the night.

The location and attention to service given somewhat saved it from a one star.

Room Tip: first floor room with an odd number overlooks the western side of island to the sea - might be the same for the second floor but not sure.
1  Thank Omar A
Reviewed 14 November 2017 via mobile

Where should I start? The broken toilet seat? The TV that would not turn off and the only sound coming from it was static? Maybe I should start with the sheets and comforter that look like they have been there since the hotel was built? Maybe I should start with deafening sounds of the party that lasted until 430a? The lighting in the hallway looked like a scene from a horror flick. The only positive, experience was the nice staff and breakfast.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Tamika W
Reviewed 13 November 2017 via mobile

I've always driven pass the Wexford hotel and think, it must be nice inside, but that is certainly not the case. The furniture is very old, the linens are dusty, outdated and very old as well. Before my trip, I made a request for a room with no plants or anything blocking the windows in the room because I'm traveling with a very sick baby and would need a room with Windows clear of all things because my baby have really bad asthma and allergies. When I checked in on that faithful day, I got exactly what I DID NOT ask for, need less to say, we could not not stay in that room because I would have had to put my baby on his machine right away as he started experiencing symptoms that was triggering both his asthma and allergies. After going back to the front desk and asking for a different room, we got one that was on the other side of the building, where we could get fresh air flowing into the room. The furniture and the bedroom and bathroom linens were still horrible. I was not very comfortable at the Wexford, I did not enjoy my stay there. There's barely any commodities , well, there wasn't any commodities offered to us. I'm not planning on staying at the Wexford again, I was gravely disappointed. The accommodations were just awful. I felt like I wasted my money and my trip was horrible.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family